Liverpool v. tottenham..0-0 - Not as bad as reported

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:11 pm

I came away from Anfield,on Wednesday,not as despondent as I expected.Why?,I hear you cry.
    Liverpool started the game with an attacking formation and ,to be honest it seemed to go pretty well.Vladimir Smicer,in particular,had a terrific game.He linked well with Kewell and Baros with quick passing moves.Diouff,too,had a good game,although the second-half he seemed to drift out of the game.Gerrard was commanding in the middle.Finnan was always looking to go forward.The one player who can't cope with this style of approach is Michael Owen.If the ball was not thumped long for him to chase then he looked totally dissinterested.The big mistake Houllier made on the night was replacing Smicer for Murphy,why only he has the answer.I hope Houllier picks the same starting line-up,because I'm sure we will reap the rewards against the blue-sh**e.There,a positive note on a poor start but think back to 1982,after 3 games then we only had 2 points but went on to win the league;dreams can come true but it takes a brave Houllier to help us and himself.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:02 pm

Thanks for the report Supersub - I've been over in Newwcastle on business this week and could'nt get to the spurs game. My lad went in my place and said pretty much the same things as you. Let's hope we take the positives forward into the Derby game, we certainly need the win to get things moving! By the way if you think we have got problems, you should have heard what the geordies were saying about their team after the exit from Europe. Sad, but comforting to hear someone else moaning about their team.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games