Moores shows some balls? (at last?)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:43 pm

I see in the papers and on the net this morning that David Moores yesterday announced his dissatisfaction with the club’s current position and their failure to qualify for this season’s Champions League. He said that it was the absolute minimum requirement that Liverpool qualify for the Champions League this season.

Interestingly, it was also announced that Liverpool made more money in 2002/03 than in 2001/02, when they finished second in the league and reached the quarter finals of the Champions League.

Do we take it from Moore’s statement that if Liverpool finish 5th or lower Houllier will be on his bike? Or will Moores, Parry et al make a balls of things again and keep him on despite the overwhelming case against Houllier? (remember, these are the spineless people who came up with the dazzling “dual manager” system in the summer of 1998).

I think this is a significant development. Weak as the board may be, football in the 21st century is a money sport and if Liverpool miss out again on the big European paydays all the back slapping and stand by your man cr#p in the world won’t save Houllier’s hide.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:18 pm

Too long coming and it should be taken as read anyway for a club the size of Liverpool. I have to conclude this means only an awful run of form between now and the end of season will see Houllier leave before then.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion