Garcia will only get better! - Rafa shows us the way.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:40 pm

Where's the new Zidane? Or African player of the decade Diouf? Come to think of it where's Plank Heskey, where is every one??? Oh yes, I'm not dreaming, we've bought propper players not promice or future superstars. Rafa's got some real players in. I was at the game on Saturday & this morning I was surprised that Luis Garcia was'nt more prominent in the motm ratings. Yeah Gerrard was good, no fantastic. But he's always the best player, always the most involved, always the talesman. No? NO Garcia pulled all the strings, Garcia ran himself into the ground, dribbled & shimmied, Garcia made two & scored one! Garcia was "the man". I've not seen a performance of this calibre away from Gerrard in a long while & it makes my heart glad. We're not out of the woods just yet, but there's a glimmer of light & not only Gerrard's holding the club up now. Finally we're not walking alone. say it loud & say it proud, Garcia. The Mancs are up next!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON.
spiralstairs00

Postby zarababe » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:46 pm

It's true that all the new signings are quality. The Boss has already said that he expects the new players to bring with them the intelligent passing and runs,  etc.

Of Gerrard he said he runs but sometimes needlessly which tires him out.. Its' the class touches and intelligent passing that the team needs and a good boss can bring that. Gerrard will improve too and the new palyers will make a positive impact ..

It's extremely exciting.. but we must be patient too.

And lets not forget we are top of the pile in Hunk ratings too. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:49 pm

zarababe wrote:And lets not forget we are top of the pile in Hunk ratings too. :D

yeah and unfortunately for manure they were in the hunk relegation zone. ugly b#stards. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:57 pm

Does it matter?  ???  ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby simic_ie » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:20 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Does it matter?  ???  ???

Well the Mancs are in the relegation zone... its a reason to gloat  :D  :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:51 pm

Being, ahem, a red blooded heterosexual male I'd actually prefer our boys to look like Shrek and win titles than have the likes of Cisse_gonna_get_ya and Zara swooning.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:31 pm

Excellent post Spiral, couldnt agree with you more, with Rafa its no " the new him" or "the next whoever" or "hes got plaenty of potential", its just Josemi,Alonso,Nunez and of course the wonderful wonderful Garcia, no building them up benitez is just letting them get on with it and what a show garcia put on, on Saturday and a little cameo of Alonsos passing ability. Haha 6 years and Houllier couldnt get us on the edge of the seats, 6 games and Rafas got me buzzin!!!!

P.S Michael who? ??? Theres only one number 10, Luis!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:42 pm

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Excellent post Spiral, couldnt agree with you more, with Rafa its no " the new him" or "the next whoever" or "hes got plaenty of potential", its just Josemi,Alonso,Nunez and of course the wonderful wonderful Garcia, no building them up benitez is just letting them get on with it and what a show garcia put on, on Saturday and a little cameo of Alonsos passing ability. Haha 6 years and Houllier couldnt get us on the edge of the seats, 6 games and Rafas got me buzzin!!!!

I hate GH as much as the next guy, but lets be fair dude...

"6 years and Houllier couldnt get us on the edge of the seats".......

wat about

1)league cup final against brimingham ?
2)FA CUP final against Arsenal ?
3)Or the heart attack inducing uefa cup final against alavas ?

May 2001 was one edgy month for me.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:00 pm

Just tookl out a dvd of the 2001 season and what memnories it brought back.... the squad when GH left was totally inferior to the squad we had that season... Heskey was on fire... Fowler Owen and Litmanen up front..... Gary Mac controlling midfield.... brilliant. Whatever you say about GH remember that season. Although we finished 2nd the season after that, we never really kicked on from winning all those trophies
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:04 pm

i hate people who say the hate somone they dnt know and proably never met i was dissapointed he wasted money but like wat he done for us from the training ground at melwood to the cup he won for us and some people seem to forget the behind the scene things and when he left i hear u people saying how much they hate him. p.s this is not directed at anyone in partciular
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:13 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Bruno Zidane! wrote:Excellent post Spiral, couldnt agree with you more, with Rafa its no " the new him" or "the next whoever" or "hes got plaenty of potential", its just Josemi,Alonso,Nunez and of course the wonderful wonderful Garcia, no building them up benitez is just letting them get on with it and what a show garcia put on, on Saturday and a little cameo of Alonsos passing ability. Haha 6 years and Houllier couldnt get us on the edge of the seats, 6 games and Rafas got me buzzin!!!!

I hate GH as much as the next guy, but lets be fair dude...

"6 years and Houllier couldnt get us on the edge of the seats".......

wat about

1)league cup final against brimingham ?
2)FA CUP final against Arsenal ?
3)Or the heart attack inducing uefa cup final against alavas ?

May 2001 was one edgy month for me.......

Sorry mate its just with all the excitement of Saturday im gettin carried away, the treble winnin season was edgey to say the least, me point was mainly a bit of sarcasm after the start of last season when we were promised attacking edge of the seat football which never happened....Hope that clears that up.

p.s i wish we could all just forget about houllier, his dud buys and Michael owen, its time to get behind Rafa and support the boys all the way. Things are changin and it looks good
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:24 pm

Hey, no need to apologise.

I myself have forgotten about GH. 2001 was great but 2003 and 2004 were awful in my opinion (have to specify "in my opinion", else will get bombarded by pro-GH camp :p).

i am 100% behind RB. Read what he has to say. Beats repeating  "we have turned the corner" every week don't u think ?   :D 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N145991040912-0945.htm

Rafael Benitez says he can't promise he will win trophies and raise false expectations, but said he will give it all he has got to make Liverpool a real force in the game again. 
The Liverpool manager doesn't deal in making rash statements and saying this and that will happen, but believes with hard work the team will get the rewards.

Benitez said: "I can't promise trophies, just to prepare the Liverpool team in the best way I can. I think I know why Liverpool haven't won the big trophies recently. At a big club you need to change things if you don't win trophies and we are trying to change two or three things.

"Rick Parry said when I arrived we are not in a hurry because we know it is difficult and perhaps if we win in three years it is OK.

"I like to get the balance right between attacking and defensive football. If we win games we might get titles, but if we think about titles straight away we won't win games.

"The supporters have been waiting 15 years for the Premiership so they understand. I say we need time - it is the truth.

"In a strong team the coach has to say only two or three things and the players do it quickly.

"For certain games, like the defeat at Bolton, the players haven't understood how we must play. My idea is for the players to think and learn how to play each game. If they do that, it will be easier for me. Every manager signs players that they know, it is natural."
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:32 pm

The_Rock wrote:Hey, no need to apologise.

I myself have forgotten about GH. 2001 was great but 2003 and 2004 were awful in my opinion (have to specify "in my opinion", else will get bombarded by pro-GH camp :p).

i am 100% behind RB. Read what he has to say. Beats repeating  "we have turned the corner" every week don't u think ?   :D 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N145991040912-0945.htm

Rafael Benitez says he can't promise he will win trophies and raise false expectations, but said he will give it all he has got to make Liverpool a real force in the game again. 
The Liverpool manager doesn't deal in making rash statements and saying this and that will happen, but believes with hard work the team will get the rewards.

Benitez said: "I can't promise trophies, just to prepare the Liverpool team in the best way I can. I think I know why Liverpool haven't won the big trophies recently. At a big club you need to change things if you don't win trophies and we are trying to change two or three things.

"Rick Parry said when I arrived we are not in a hurry because we know it is difficult and perhaps if we win in three years it is OK.

"I like to get the balance right between attacking and defensive football. If we win games we might get titles, but if we think about titles straight away we won't win games.

"The supporters have been waiting 15 years for the Premiership so they understand. I say we need time - it is the truth.

"In a strong team the coach has to say only two or three things and the players do it quickly.

"For certain games, like the defeat at Bolton, the players haven't understood how we must play. My idea is for the players to think and learn how to play each game. If they do that, it will be easier for me. Every manager signs players that they know, it is natural."

Isnt it nice to be able to watch are manager safe in the knowledge that he is not gonna talk complete sh!te!! When Rafa speaks, i love hearin what he has to say, just last season when spurs got a draw with us Houllier said "Spurs are gonna be competing for a champions league spot" they get a draw this season and rafa says we should have won and we should have played better. he honest, straight talkin and wont duck a question.

P.S Theres only one Luis Garcia!!
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:36 pm

well where's the proof that houiller said that they way someone of you slated houiller was out of order and now human bein should of bein slated like that even thw way david james was slated was incredible to say the least.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:46 pm

So are you tellin me houllier did not talk complete sh!te
ok he did say that ask anyone who watched the spurs game
another couple of houllier crackers for you

After fowlers goal celebration against the blue scum
"he was just doing an impression of rigobert song pretending to eat grass"
Were the hell do you think ive got my name from.....FROM HOULLIER who said bruno cheyrou could be the next zidane
Also did he compare Danny Murphy to Michel Platini, yes

Oh and how many corners did we turn last season, i think we turned one every time we won a game.

Also how can you say im out of order,im entitled to my opinion thats whats this forum is for smart a$$.
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion