Match report vs man utd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:54 pm

Dudek - 4. Soft goal and his kicking was poor today, he was slow in possession to release the ball and angered alot of reds today.

Carragher - 6. We all have our bad games, wasn't at his brilliant best but still 110% commitment as ever. Tried to force the game towards the end but didn't go his way. His step over when Rooney was chasing him though was a touch of class.

Traore - 5. Not good enough. Never a left back, his touch and passing where poor. His timing on tackling wasn't the best and at times it was like we only had Riise playing down the left. For the massive improvement he made, theres still miles to go. How i ever thought he'd be more than a squad player i never know, blind loyalty.

Pellegrinho - 6. Defended well and didn't really look threatened but i lost count at the amount of aimless hoofs. Must improve his passing.

Hyypia - 7. Good game, was solid, made tackles, won headers, commanded the backline and passed the ball well. He was composed and positionally very good. Felt sorry for Sami today.

Luis Garcia - 6. Some good things, some bad things, some indifferent things, some nothings :p Average performance today which is better than most of the performances he's been putting in recently.

Riise - 6. Plenty of drive and effort but no real quality from him today. Didn't really have a chance to shoot or whip crosses in. Wasn't at his best, but another one who shown good effort at least.

Hamann - 6. Done ok in terms of effort and force but no real quality. Shown some good composure as ever but was guilty of conceeding possession once or twice which is unusual for Didi.

Gerrard - 5. Awful. Simply awful. Poor passing, no movement, no quality, no effort, no drive, no nothing. Shocking performance and was shown up by Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. This is the third massive game this season he simply failed to perform in. He's got everything in his locker, thats what really pisses me off about him. Buck up, or ****** off.

Baros - 6. Again plenty of effort, loads of running and caused problems but no real invention and craft. Had a few good runs down the flanks but didn't really hurt United. He did however look to link up with Morientes on a couple of occassions which is a good sign for the future.

Morientes - 6. Not fit but shown touches of class whenever he could. Will take him time to settle i think but his partnership with Baros looked highly promising and hopefully they can become lethal together.

Subs:

Nunez - 5. Built like a brick ****** and pushed off the ball (easily) by Paul Scholes... WHAT??? Get a grip you fag.

Sinama - 5. No impact at all on the game.

Biscan - 6. Didn't do anything wrong, didn't have much to do.

P.S. Sorry abar the seperate thread, i'd already started this before A.B.'s went up. :)
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:58 pm

Gerrard - 5. Awful. Simply awful. Poor passing, no movement, no quality, no effort, no drive, no nothing. Shocking performance and was shown up by Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. This is the third massive game this season he simply failed to perform in. He's got everything in his locker, thats what really pisses me off about him. Buck up, or ****** off.

Well stu, you have top yourself...... You dare to say that to gerrard  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:59 pm

Hamann like Gerrard played below his standards. Neither of them could pass the ball without getting it intercept by a Man Utd player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:59 pm

I would after that today.

Shambles. He strolled around the pitch like he was a god and done ****** all. I don't think he even broke out in a sweat today.
115-1073096938

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:01 pm

The_Rock wrote:

Well stu, you have top yourself...... You dare to say that to gerrard  :p

no point balming individual, the team as a whole played poorly.

i dont think nunez is built that well to be honest with stu
109-1105722616

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:03 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I would after that today.

Shambles. He strolled around the pitch like he was a god and done ****** all. I don't think he even broke out in a sweat today.

he did get stuck in but he was fighting a losing battle and i think he became a bit subdued because of it.  he was ****** off with garcia at one point because he wasnt getting stuck in
109-1105722616

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:04 pm

And he complains about the club not being able to win trophies? I understand that he has ambitions but so does every player. Yes he has carried us at certain times but he vanishes when we play in an important match. To be honest nobody is asking him to carry us, all he needs to do is help himself and his team mates by providing passes, today he didn't do that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:06 pm

My take...gerrard is due a bad game. He has carried the team the last half-a-dozen of matches. Although it is very painful, it happened against the scums.

But stu, pls don't misunderstand that i am arguing with you... Will never dream about that......  :D
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:07 pm

i remember him hitting about 3 good passes but manchester united knew that he was at the heart of the liverpool team and by keeping him quiet, you therefore keep the team quiet.

hamman was awful today, he just couldnt pass the ball well, and he was always allowing himself to get closed down and playing an awkward ball to get himself out of it
109-1105722616

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:08 pm

cant wait for alonso to come back

hate the fat blob lampard
109-1105722616

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:20 pm

for what it is worth...this is BBC's match rating.

Jerzy Dudek - 5: Had nothing to do until a horror mistake for Rooney's opener and did not have much to do after.

Jamie Carragher - 7: Booked for a lunge on Ronaldo but a great goal-saving block to deny Saha and adapted well to being moved to right-back again.

Djimi Traore - 6: Battled away well but struggled to get forward and help Riise down the left flank.

Mauricio Pellegrino - 6: Looked a bit short of match fitness and may take time to adapt to the English game.

Sami Hyypia - 7: Involved in an aerial deul with Saha for much of the game and dealt well with the Frenchman.

Dietmar Hamann - 6: A quiet performance from the German in a central midfield area dominated by Keane and Scholes

Steven Gerrard - 6: Tried to get his team going after Rooney's goal but was effectively shackled by Keane and his set-pieces were also below-par.

John Arne Riise - 5: Much of Liverpool's attacking threat came down the other flank and the Norwegian was not as involved as he would have liked.

Luis Garcia - 5: The Spanish winger got into great positions but was wasteful and must improve his final delivery.

Fernando Morientes - 6: Showed some nice early touches on debut but faded badly after the goal and looked desperately short of match fitness.

Milan Baros - 6: Another 90 minutes of hard graft from the Czech but chances were at a premium against a rock-solid United defence.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:33 pm

right about stevie g, he  was targeted throughout the game.  roy keane has played against players of stevies calibre before and come out on top.  keane doesnt charge round trying to kill everybody anymore cos his hips and knees are gone, however his experience means that he can still beat the best
109-1105722616

Postby 116-1105728556 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:42 pm

The problem was not the defence but the midfield and attack.

SG and co did not win the battle of the mid field and there were numerous occasions in the first half when Manc had 3 midfield over half way and we never achieved this ourselves.

Again we didnt have a foward who could penetrate sufficient to score goals, Its too soon to be critical of Morienties and Baros was channeld down the flanks by the Mancs.

Garcia looked good as he always does but fluffs it when shooting which seems to be his trademark just like Smicer (for me).

For me we have a lot of work to do to get to the Mancs and others level. The scoreline reflected the teams Mancs where better. Blaming Hypia is not on the guy gave much and we all know he is limited and Carragher was for me a rock (as ever) so the blame rests firmly elsewhere.

SG bottled a tackle with Kean which to me suggests he's frustrated and the move seems ever surer for me.
116-1105728556

Postby 116-1105728556 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:42 pm

double posting so I've deleted it
116-1105728556

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:44 pm

can repeat again ? i never got it the 2nd time  :p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion