Match report - Vs arsenal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 83-1165214211 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:24 pm

Dudek - 4. Awful. Could have done better with two goals was poorly positioned for the first. Didn't offer any attacking threat with distribution.

Finnan - 7. One of the few that turned up. Picked some good passes, linked well with Pennant and was aggressive. Created alot of space on the right which wasn't used properly.

Carragher - 5. Poor. Poor distribution and positioning. Was a complete and utter howler for Henry's goal.

Agger - 4. Didn't even notice him. Was poor on the ball, offered next to nothing defensively. His decision making and positional play aswell as his lack of arial dominance had a massive hand in allowing Arsenal to play the way they did.

Riise - 4. Worst game in a red shirt. Awful distribution and defended awfully. What he was playing at for Arsenal's first goal I'll never know.

Pennant - 7. Had a go and shown some aggression and willingness to try and create in the second half after a quiet first half.

Gerrard - 7. Liverpool's best player but was way below his own high standards. Played some good passes but didn't get involved enough and seemed a bit slow onto second balls and knock downs.

Alonso - 5. Woeful passing, poor positioning, didn't close down and simply didn't shield the back four the way he can. Was out ran in midfield and again the partnership with Gerrard was proved to be a poor one with the incorrect balance.

Luis Garcia - 6. Simply because in the last 15 minutes he looked like making something happen. The first 75 he was awful. Closed down well and played the odd good pass.

Kuyt - 7. Worked his balls off and caused problems for Arsenal's back four with good movement and hold up play. Played some good passes but we couldn't get him involved in the right areas.

Crouch - 4. Awful performance. Done very well for Kuyt's goal but apart from that was very poor. Conceeding possession all the time and not once did the ball stick with him when it went up. Disposessed easily by Senderos and Toure every time he had the ball.

Sub:

Aurelio - 7. Injected some pace and intelligence on the left. Done really well for the corner which led to our goal. Looked stronger and fit. Shown some good touches, hopefully a sign of things to come.
83-1165214211

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:29 pm

That should bring a lot of people back down to earth. I hate the doom and gloom merchants, but I can't stand it when after a couple of good results there are topics  about us catching Manure and Chavski.

I'm all for optimism but today showed why we struggle against top sides in England. Sure we'll probably beat Arsenal at Anfield, but we can't do it consistently against them or against Chelsea[who we play in a matter of weeks] and Manure.

Hence why we're third and not second or first.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 83-1165214211 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:33 pm

A.B. wrote:That should bring a lot of people back down to earth. I hate the doom and gloom merchants, but I can't stand it when after a couple of good results there are topics  about us catching Manure and Chavski.

I'm all for optimism but today showed why we struggle against top sides in England. Sure we'll probably beat Arsenal at Anfield, but we can't do it consistently against them or against Chelsea[who we play in a matter of weeks] and Manure.

Hence why we're third and not second or first.

Which is what I said the other day in the last topic I started.

There isn't enough quality at present.
83-1165214211

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:46 pm

Generally agree with most of those assessments, Stu, but I've two questions for you:

1) Why do you feel Gerrard was better than Alonso?  I would have reversed their ratings as I thought Xabi had the stronger game while Gerrard went missing a bit.

2) Crouch really only worth a four?  Granted he wasn't a tremendous threat but I thought the ball stuck with him reasonably well, especially when he worked the touchlines.  He's a limited player, certainly, but I think the stick he's getting is a bit harsh.

Now, I should say that I only managed to catch some dodgy Chinese web feed for the match and had to squint quite a bit to make it all out.  Maybe I missed some of the important nuances that went into your ratings. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Effes » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm

There are some players who IMO have got to go:

I'll start with Garcia - he is poor 80% of the time. Yeah he may chip in with a great goal here and there...
But, if you want to win a league you don't want Garcia in your team. It's not knee-jerk after the defeat, I've wanted him out for a while.

When you think of the past Liverpool teams who have won the league, then our forwards are only at the David Hodgson/Paul Walsh quality.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:48 pm

:)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:49 pm

well.. id give every player a 5.. with dudek getting a 3 and gerrard getting a 7 !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:52 pm

STR_18+5 wrote:Dudek - 4. Awful. Could have done better with two goals was poorly positioned for the first. Didn't offer any attacking threat with distribution.

Finnan - 7. One of the few that turned up. Picked some good passes, linked well with Pennant and was aggressive. Created alot of space on the right which wasn't used properly.

Carragher - 5. Poor. Poor distribution and positioning. Was a complete and utter howler for Henry's goal.

Agger - 4. Didn't even notice him. Was poor on the ball, offered next to nothing defensively. His decision making and positional play aswell as his lack of arial dominance had a massive hand in allowing Arsenal to play the way they did.

Riise - 4. Worst game in a red shirt. Awful distribution and defended awfully. What he was playing at for Arsenal's first goal I'll never know.

Pennant - 7. Had a go and shown some aggression and willingness to try and create in the second half after a quiet first half.

Gerrard - 7. Liverpool's best player but was way below his own high standards. Played some good passes but didn't get involved enough and seemed a bit slow onto second balls and knock downs.

Alonso - 5. Woeful passing, poor positioning, didn't close down and simply didn't shield the back four the way he can. Was out ran in midfield and again the partnership with Gerrard was proved to be a poor one with the incorrect balance.

Luis Garcia - 6. Simply because in the last 15 minutes he looked like making something happen. The first 75 he was awful. Closed down well and played the odd good pass.

Kuyt - 7. Worked his balls off and caused problems for Arsenal's back four with good movement and hold up play. Played some good passes but we couldn't get him involved in the right areas.

Crouch - 4. Awful performance. Done very well for Kuyt's goal but apart from that was very poor. Conceeding possession all the time and not once did the ball stick with him when it went up. Disposessed easily by Senderos and Toure every time he had the ball.

Sub:

Aurelio - 7. Injected some pace and intelligence on the left. Done really well for the corner which led to our goal. Looked stronger and fit. Shown some good touches, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Take your head out of your ar.se Stu you fuc.king idiot.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:54 pm

Id give Dudek Carragher Agger Riise Garcia 5. Crouch and Alonso 6. Finnan Gerrard and Kuyt 7 and Pennant for me 8. Pennant has really found his form recently and has played really well he was the best player on the pitch.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:57 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
STR_18 wrote:Dudek - 4. Awful. Could have done better with two goals was poorly positioned for the first. Didn't offer any attacking threat with distribution.

Sub:

funny... his rating seems to make sense... more or less !
read the bit beside the number....
FCKIN GAME ! CANT BELIEVE WE FCKIN  LOST !  ughh !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:10 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
STR_18 wrote:Dudek - 4. Awful. Could have done better with two goals was poorly positioned for the first. Didn't offer any attacking threat with distribution.

Sub:

Go and :censored: yourself you hypocrytical nonse.

:kungfu:
83-1165214211

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:14 pm

STR_18+5 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Sub:

I will once I have finished fuc.king yer mum.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:16 pm

did u do that report urself,i dont agree with crouchies 4 and gving garcia 6,

crouchie played better than him,he got the ball controled,first touch great

garcia tryed to run through some players,i agree and probably give pennant our man of the match
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:17 pm

STR_18 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Sub:

I will once I have finished fuc.king yer mum.[/quote]
hey now mate,none of that leonmac is one of the better posters round here
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
STR_18 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Sub:

I will once I have finished fuc.king yer mum.

She's dead ya tit. Died of cancer, yanno that thing that got your "mate". Ya fuckin' bellend.

Act yer fuckin' age you blurt.
83-1165214211

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion