Match report - From tv...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:04 am

Kirkland - 7, Solid as a rock. Didn't have much to do, done everything well, was slow of his line once or twice, but certainly getting there. Our no.1 keeper without doubt.

Josemi - 6,  defended really well. Didn't get forward once though. Much better performance. Still prefere Finnan there but i was pleased with Josemi tonight.

Traore - 8, M.O.M. Without a doubt. Pacey, superb in the tackle and generally covered well. Huge improvement this last month, starting to impress.

Hyypia - 7, Consistent as ever, good game. Some great interceptions and didn't miss a header AGAIN all nite. Good positional play, only once caught out on his yellow card. Totally solid.

Carragher - 7, Same as Sami. Really good game. Starting to mature into a superb centre half. Really impressing me at the moment.

Luis Garcia - 6, one or two good moments but game the ball away to much. Worked hard thought and contributed, despite his hesitency on the ball.

Riise - 6, Done ok. Still better at full back, covered loads of ground thought and always offered an outlet. Nearly scored aswell.

Hamann - 7, Done well and helped boss the central midfield area. Passed and won the ball well and covered alot of ground. Didn't push on much but was effective.

IGOR - 8, I never thought i'd see the day when Igor finally fullfilled his potential. Well done lad, great skill. Shown good touches and won his share of tackles. Good to have a decent central midfield player as fourth choice. A definate option in the future. Filled Alonso and Gerrards boots superbly. Well done lad, whisker away from M.O.M. and FINALLY shown what you have against a good side. :)

Kewell - 6, Held the ball up well and done ok. Could have done more but not bad. Played his part and didnt' waste possession. Decent game.

Baros - 8, good game. Done really well. Could have linked up, still has no brains but impressed me tonight. Best display of the season, was very productive.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:05 am

damn stu do you ever give 9's or 10's. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:38 am

LFC #1 wrote:damn stu do you ever give 9's or 10's. :D

Lets not get carried away, nobody really deserved a 9 or 10.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:38 am

He wouldn't give a 10 to Baros if he scored 10 goals in a match against AC Milan or Juventus!  I can see his rating now

Baros - 8, a decent game, chipped in with a goal or two but has no brains and isnt my favourite player so I cant possibly give him a rating any higher.  He could've passed the ball instead he chose to shoot, even though he scored he still should've passed it.  Now if Owen was there we could've seen a 'Real' striker.

:p :p

and real is in quotation marks for a reason... I thought it was kinda clever considering I didnt think of it as I typed it :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:46 am

Starbridge42 wrote:He wouldn't give a 10 to Baros if he scored 10 goals in a match against AC Milan or Juventus!  I can see his rating now

Baros - 8, a decent game, chipped in with a goal or two but has no brains and isnt my favourite player so I cant possibly give him a rating any higher.  He could've passed the ball instead he chose to shoot, even though he scored he still should've passed it.  Now if Owen was there we could've seen a 'Real' striker.

:p :p

and real is in quotation marks for a reason... I thought it was kinda clever considering I didnt think of it as I typed it :D

Pathetic, as Stu clearly backed the lad recently.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 am

Personally, I wouldn't go overboard about Biscan, I thought some his play in midfield was relaxed and sloppy, giving out some passes to players in marked positions. I am also a bit concerned with Baros and Garcia not having the control or bottle in one on ones with the keeper.
Traore was a star, superb tackles and 'the one in the box' - cool.
Sami was immense in the middle not allowing himself to be pulled out of position.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:03 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:damn stu do you ever give 9's or 10's. :D

Lets not get carried away, nobody really deserved a 9 or 10.

I know Leon, but usually he does this sort of report after every match, and i can't remember seeing a 9 or 10 (there probably was one though).

Stu just demands perfection i suppose.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:07 am

Overall I would give a 9 for the team performance
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:28 pm

I'd have given Alonso a 9 after the Norwich and Fulham games.

I'd have gave Owen and Fowler a few 10's in the games they rattled more 4 or more in.

10 out of 10 and 9 out of 10 are hard to come by. 5 is average. 6 is decent. 7 is good. 8 is very good. 9 outstanding. 10 perfect.
115-1073096938

Postby taff » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:10 pm

That reply deserves a 10  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:16 pm

9-Andrade  took his chance superbly and was a thorn in Depor's side all night :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:53 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I'd have given Alonso a 9 after the Norwich and Fulham games.

I'd have gave Owen and Fowler a few 10's in the games they rattled more 4 or more in.

10 out of 10 and 9 out of 10 are hard to come by. 5 is average. 6 is decent. 7 is good. 8 is very good. 9 outstanding. 10 perfect.

fair enough. can't argue with that  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion