Charlton vs liverpool - Stats -discus

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1137139704 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:31 am

Liverpool: 11 Corners, 14 shots, 5 on target.
Charlton: 1 Corner 6 Shots, 2 on target, 2 goals.

Our shooters

Shots(on target)
Traore 1(1)
Xabi 4(0)
Harry 3(0)
Momo 3(1)
Cisse 2(1)
Crouchy 1(0)
Nando 2(2)

2 offsides, both Robbie

62% poss. in 1st half. 52% overall

So, whatchya think?
66-1137139704

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:33 am

We could hardly get a ball into Thomas Myre's area... I think that we really missed Luis Garcia and Stevie G during the match
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:01 am

Dwelling in the past :angry:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:02 am

My 1000th post is going to be FU.CK OFF MUDFACE lol :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:12 am

el_stinger wrote:Dwelling in the past :angry:

its called post match analysis  :rasp
66-1137139704

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:21 am

el_stinger wrote:My 1000th post is going to be FU.CK OFF MUDFACE lol :D

Often people waste such milestones Sting with some trivial nonsense and it's such a shame. It's nice to see that somebody has taken the time to think about what they are going to write and is going to put it to good use. I can think of no more fitting and heartfelt sentiment to express as you reach this landmark.
We all second your sentiments.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:21 am

here here el_stinker, you tell him fella!

As for the stats, Traore 1 (1) says it all i think.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:32 am

Lee J wrote:here here el_stinker, you tell him fella!

I think Traore did rather well last night.And one shot on goal that was on target too, for a defender aint that bad :nod
Crouch had only one shot at goal and it wasnt on target :no
66-1137139704

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:48 am

We're running low on firepower. Nando and Crouch both dissapointed me. Cisse makes some good run but not that consistency. Alonso waste bunch of corners and free kicks.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:49 am

Lee J wrote:here here el_stinker, you tell him fella!

el_stinker?? WTF??  :angry:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:03 am

desperado0831 wrote:We're running low on firepower. Nando and Crouch both dissapointed me. Cisse makes some good run but not that consistency. Alonso waste bunch of corners and free kicks.

cisse was playing on the wing and for a striker he did a decent job.

With three strikers in play and the pace of the first half,i couldnt help but think that Rafas game plan was to go on the offensive,get an early goal and shut the game up.
Too bad it didnt work that way...but like i had said in another thread yesterday,it will be(and was) a hard game for pool.
66-1137139704

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:24 am

el_stinger wrote:My 1000th post is going to be FU.CK OFF MUDFACE lol :D

Best post i have seen in ages. deserves it's own thread  :idea
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1137139704 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:18 pm

Courtersy of PEAB
Player ratings

JERZY DUDEK (4) - Looked off the pace and far too hesitant on some occassions. Perhaps short of match practice recently but i get the impression he doesn't fill the back four with confidence. I hugely respect him for what he did in Istanbul but he remains inconsistant. Gave away a penalty (though from what i could see it was dubious) but could have done more with the second goal.
STEVE FINNAN (6) - Worked away at the back but rarely got forward to deliver his pinpoint crosses into the box. Perhaps had more work to do with Cisse on the wing but he is capable of more.

SAMI HYYPIA (5) - Beaten for pace and seemed unsettled at points during the game. Made a few important interceptions but the defence as a whole was far from the solid unit we have become used to seeing.

JAMIE CARRAGHER (6.5) - Showed some passion at least but again wasn't as composed as he usually is. Still the best performer in the back line and the Captain of the night will be far from happy with the overall performance.

DJIMI TRAORE (6) - Got forward when he could but his crossing or general distribution from the back consisted of a heavy boot forwards. Not composed enough or confident enough to fit in the first team on a regular basis. Works hard and scores highly for effort ut just not the most gifted of players.

DJIBRIL CISSE (5) - Worker down the right perhaps to the best of his ability but was highly predictable. Too often tried to run around the defender buy hitting the ball 10 yards in front and sprinting for it. CLearly not a right winger. His crosses are hit and miss but he had another dissapointing night - but who didn't.

MOMO SISSOKO (6) - Worked tirelessly and won the ball back on many occassions in midfield - only to give it away again immediately. Had a few decent oppotunities where it opened up for him from long range but he couldn't shoot to save his life. Needs to work on his passing but another who would score highly for effort.

XABI ALONSO (5) - Poor passing judging by his own standards and wasted several freekicks and corners. Not in the best form of his life. Was a lot of pressure on him to perform tonight in the absence of Stevie and he wasn't up to it at the Valley. That's not to say he isn't capable - he's a brilliant player but endured an off night.

HARRY KEWELL (6) - A change in Harry's form has also seen him work away all through the game. Pulled off a few decent tricks here and there but was unable to provide the killer pass tonight. Had a good effort blocked by one of his teamates - summed up the whole match.

FERNANDO MORIENTES (6) - A few good touches and the only player to really have a genuine effort on goal. Should aim more towards the corners of the net instead of blasting at the keeper but it's the closest we got all night. Battled hard for the course but was not really provided with anything anywhere near decent.

PETER CROUCH (5) - Normally i give Peter the benefit of the doubt as he is a hard worker and this almost compensates for his lack of goals. Was off the pace tonight. Headers were off target and his control on the ground was also poor. Spent much of the match on the floor or complaining.

Overall a pretty dysmal performance. We dominated but lost because we can't score or get remotely close at present. Not the end of the world even if it was frustrating. We need to gather together again, show a bit of passion and get ready for Wigan. We can and will do better than this.

Yu may disagree with the ratings but it helps clear the frustration. Subs ade little impact at all. Robbie needs more time and some decent service. On the plus side the fans were excellent and could be heard right through. A credit to the club even if the performance on the field was not.
66-1137139704

Postby eagleight » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:15 pm

As a netrual at the game yesterday I was bewildered at the subsitutions made by Benitis. I thought in the first half Crouch was being a real handful for the charlton defenders and needed someone closer to him to get onto his layoffs, ie Fowler, but he swapped them! Then in the second half he took off Cissa who was running rings round the left back, to bring on some chap that I can't remember the name of.
The first 30 mins. you we almost in total control without really threatening there goal, then 10 mins. of self-destruction and the game was gone, the penalty was obviously the turning point but you still had chances to get back into the game. not sure what the coloured chaps name is that plays in center midfield, but he missed a hat full of long range efforts, Hamman on the bench must have been wondering why he wasn't put on instead of reissa, (you'll have to accept my apologies for the spellings)

If you can shed some light on the reasons for the subs. i'd be interested to hear.
eagleight

Postby 66-1137139704 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:43 pm

eagleight,welcome to the boards.

The Liverpool echo has an interesting outlook on rafas substitutions which i dont quite agree with.
As a coach,if he brings on a player and they perform there role,then its said he made a good sub but if the player brought in doesnt perform,then its said its a bad sub.Its always a gamble :)
I believe riise was brought in as hyppia was injured and he went to the left back position whilst traore went to central defence.
That made sense.
Cisse for krompkamp...mebbe rafa thought that cisse was tiring and wanted to bring someone who would bring a different angle to the game and it was a straight swap(RW).
66-1137139704

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion