Summer  in's and out's

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby XSD » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:51 pm

that is perfect
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Puddy Heskey » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:02 am

what bout Dean Kiely.It has to be said hes saved charltons ***** plenty of times.I Agree with all the outs but i dont think we need to change to much.It could mess the team up more than do it good.So IN dean kiely,Cisse,and a good right midfielder and that if u think bout it is our problems sorted.Id say malbranque in right."Sometimes change is worse than not changing at all".Abraham Lincoln
Puddy Heskey

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:35 pm

here's what i think should be done in the summer.

Ins

malbranque
davids (his contract is up in the summer)
dawson
carlton cole (quality prospect)
joe cole? ??? (to much of an enigma for me)

outs

biscan
heskey
diao
diouf
smicer
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:13 pm

What about Primus? He's had some good games for pompey
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:15 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:OUT:
HESKEY, TRAORE, DIAO, SMICER, DIOUF, CHEYROU

IN:
CISSE, FORSELL, VAN DER VAART, DAWSON (FOREST), JOE COLE AND ANOTHER DECENT DEFENDER.

IF WE DONT QUALIFY, AU REVOIR HOULLIER YOU'VE TAKEN US AS FAR AS U CAN MATE!
:cool:

NO chance of that if Cisse is going to cost £14m. Might get a cheap second buy, but I can't see the board giving too much money to the mad frenchman. He'll be lucky a) to still be here, and b) to get any money
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:53 pm

You guys must be really desperate. Some of your suggestions will certainly not improve liverpool's squad.

Dawson? A young slow central defender. He is no better than Henchoz surely. We need a quick strong guy, not a young 1 division relegation struggler playing in a team that concedes 2 goals a game.

J. Cole? Relegated with West Ham. Not good enough for Chelsea. He reminds me a little bit of Murphy. Not very quick, decent ball control and passing skills. A prime example of how overrated you get when you have a british passport.

Terry? Will be expensive and is probably not even interested in moving to Liverpool. I do not think he is half as good as some people say.

Forssell? Decent player. Not good enough for Chelsea. Has never scored a lot of goals. Is he better that Baros? I think not.

Primus, C Cole etc not good enough.

Realistic targets: Malbranque, Guily, Clemente Rodriguez, Joaquin (arsenal signed Reyes, why can't we sign him?)

My point is: we need quality players that can strenghten the team NOW not talents like Pongo, Le Tallec etc. or rejects like Cole
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:56 pm

Tonight will probably signal the end of Biscan's 1st team action for the season,unless GH decides to take the p#ss one more time.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:04 am

your all dreaming with le frog and moores at the helm the signings will be s##t french players, and a second round exit from the uefa cup
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:36 am

To go:

Biscan, Smicer, Diao, Traore. I'd give Diouf until the transfer window next January to pull his finger out - nobody's going to fork anything worth taking for him this summer.

To come in:

Drogba (someone's going to get a bargain with him) or Cisse, Bobo Balde (who I think would be perfect alongside Henchoz), Joe Cole

We need to start assembling a squad that means we've got a bench worth turning to should things not be going our way. Hopefully Pongolle and TLT will really start to come through next season, but you want to be able to have at least two world class attacking players on your bench that you'd put money on to score in the last 30 mins of a match. Heskey and Diouf are not those kind of players, and if they're not playing to the standard of being in the guaranteed first 11, it's a bit pointless having them. That said, I think Heskey's in pretty good form at the moment, so it'd be a bad move to get rid of him at the end of the season, even if we do sign Cisse.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:44 am

Out - Biscan , Diao, Smicer, Murphy, Diouf, Traore

In - Kanute, Cunningham (Brum)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:25 am

Out!!..biscan, cheyrou, le`tallec, murphy, treore, smicer, duoif, diao, heskey,...IN!..MARTIN O`NEILL!!   :)
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby staticstranger » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:23 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Out!!..biscan, cheyrou, le`tallec, murphy, treore, smicer, duoif, diao, heskey,...IN!..MARTIN O`NEILL!!   :)

la Tallec out?  you are a moron.
staticstranger

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:05 am

First, Houllier out..all the under achievers will sort themselves out. Surely the likes of Cheyrou, Diao, Biscan, Troare, Murphy, Diouf, Smicer etc won't get another look in the frst team!
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:56 am

HOULLIER OUT AND MON WILL SORT THE REST OUT!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:47 pm

Agreed, if MON can go and knock Barca out of hte UEFA Cup with the bunch of misfits he has at Celtic then I truly believe he can win the Premiership with the current Liverpool squad without buying a single player. Maybe bringing a few from Melwood but I honestly believe he could do that. Then UEFA go and tell him he has to go and get his UEFA coaching badges because he is not qualified enough to be a top level coach. While we have Houllier, probably up to his ears in qualifications yet the man hasn't a clue. What a bunch of bereaucratic t#s#ers they are.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion