This investment issue - Is it really make or break?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:29 pm

Noises and whispers about the ongoing investment saga are still doing the rounds around Anfield at the moment so I will ask you all a question. Does anyone think this is potentially a make or break time leading upto January???

Personally I think there could be two sides to this situation which will determine when potential investment will be secured..

1) Potential suiters might wait until the end of the season (again) to see what progress the club makes domestically and in Europe, whether we qualify for the CL again etc.

2) Investers might decide that pre-January is the best time to invest to help boost the squad numbers and quality, thus giving the club a better chance of success in the 2nd half of the season (and helping secure CL football for next season). Especially in light of the lack of depth in the squad being exposed recently by injury.

At the end of the day I don't think the club are just looking for new board members but someone who will give the club the Golden Ticket. I know this level of investment can bring its own problems but with the financial muscle of Chelsea and Man U, and the fact that other clubs are improving around us, I think we've got to bring in BIG money. Add the fact that we're building a new stadium, we don't want to end up like Man City do we??

There's talk of this player, that player, this player coming in, but after record losses in the last year, where exactly is the money going to come from? It's not like we recouped a substantial amount for Owen is it?

So does anyone else think that we might see activity prior to January or will the saga still be running into next Summer???

I personally don't have a clue. :(
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion