LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:45 pm

I have finished of watching the game now, I downloaded it. I'm thrilled. We have quality, but at the same time we fight like a relegation battler. What a way to press we have. Steven Gerrard is such a COMPLETE player. OMG.

The two forwards worked cleverly, both of them are a pleasure to watch when they haven't the ball.

Alonso has improved a lot defending.

At the begin of the season many where too pessimistic, I was moderately optimistic, but this performance has beaten my expectations, I'm absolutelly thrilled.

EUROPE!!!!!!!!! FEAAAAR LIVERPOOOOL!!!!!!!! (Again)

BTW, Not thrilling but it's fair to say that I've seen Kewell improving. Good game.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Sabre wrote:I have finished of watching the game now, I downloaded it. I'm thrilled. We have quality, but at the same time we fight like a relegation battler. What a way to press we have. Steven Gerrard is such a COMPLETE player. OMG.

The two forwards worked cleverly, both of them are a pleasure to watch when they haven't the ball.

Alonso has improved a lot defending.

At the begin of the season many where too pessimistic, I was moderately optimistic, but this performance has beaten my expectations, I'm absolutelly thrilled.

EUROPE!!!!!!!!! FEAAAAR LIVERPOOOOL!!!!!!!! (Again)

BTW, Not thrilling but it's fair to say that I've seen Kewell improving. Good game.

sabre, seeing as you live and breathe spanish football,do you not see a resemblance now of rafa's valencia team to his team at liverpool now,examples like solid goalkeeper and defence,high tempo quick passsing and hunting like packs to retrieve the ball,and most importantly goals scorers spread out around the team instead of relying on "one" goalscorer to get the majority of goals.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:06 pm

THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:12 pm

sabre, seeing as you live and breathe spanish football,do you not see a resemblance now of rafa's valencia team to his team at liverpool now,examples like solid goalkeeper and defence,high tempo quick passsing and hunting like packs to retrieve the ball,and most importantly goals scorers spread out around the team instead of relying on "one" goalscorer to get the majority of goals.

No. I see Liverpool beyond that, I mean it's the same idea, but I think Rafa has a better environment in Liverpool to develop that idea. The Valencia liga winner did so, but against not that strong Real Madrid or Barcelona that season. I think that right now Liverpool can compete for the league against any team, even with a slow start as we had.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:20 pm

Unhappy return for Owen

Michael Owen experienced a miserable return to Anfield as Liverpool brushed Newcastle aside to retain third spot in the Barclays Premiership.

Owen - whose name was mildly booed when it was announced before the game - certainly did not get the ovation many expected and best friend Jamie Carragher hardly allowed him into the game.

Owen's other great friend, Liverpool skipper Gerrard, said of Owen's reception: "I am disappointed with that, he should be a legend here for all the goals he has scored for Liverpool in the past."

Gerrard said: "He got a mixed reception, which is disappointing. I do not think they were booing him much but he deserves a standing ovation for the goals he has scored."

But Liverpool fans virtually ignored Owen at the end to continue to show their displeasure at the way Owen left Anfield for Madrid 16 months ago, after a year-long contract wrangle.

And Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said of Owen's blank day: "We did a sound job at the back, Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher were excellent and they did not allow Shearer or Owen any chances.

"We controlled their strikers and did a very good job against them. We stopped them playing in midfield and if the ball does not reach the strikers then they will find it difficult to score.

"We worked hard in defence, we did not give them any chances. Michael is a great player but we stopped the ball getting to him.

"They could not play it long because we were always aware and they could not play in midfield because we closed down the space and had plenty of people in that area.

"We gave them hardly any opportunities. We know he is a dangerous player but we were able to control him."
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games