Seven players to go in a bid to rebuild lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eazy-E » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:38 pm

The Anfield club are prepared to release at least seven first team players for either drastically reduced fees or free transfers in response to a second successive disappointing campaign.

Emile Heskey and El Hadji Diouf, head the casualty list, while Liverpool will also listen to offers for Stephane Henchoz, Salif Diao, Djimi Traore, Markus Babbel and Gregory Vignal as they attempt to regroup and rebuild for next season.

Heskey, an £11m signing from Leicester in 2000, is attracting interest from several Premiership clubs including Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Blackburn and will be allowed to leave for £5m.

£10m flop Diouf is on Marseille's wanted list this summer, Henchoz - recalled for the Easter Monday defeat by Charlton - has been linked with Stuttgart, Traore with Bolton and £5m midfielder Diao with a return to France.

Defensive duo Babbel and Vignal are already out on loan at Blackburn and Espanyol respectively, and Liverpool will not block any of their departures if firm offers are received.

Anfield officials have already ear-marked £14m for the arrival of Djibril Cisse this summer and will have to pay around £5m to bring Auxerre team-mate Philippe Mexes to Merseyside. But that may not seal a deal for the French international after his agent insisted he would not join Liverpool if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Auxerre coach Guy Roux last week revealed Houllier was leading the race to sign the 22-year-old. But last night his agent Olivier Jouanneaux insisted: "Philippe will not join Liverpool if they do not qualify for the Champions League next year. It is a key motivation for him to play in the European Cup."

Juventus are one of several Italian clubs alsointerested in Mexes.

Jouanneaux added: "Auxerre have told us that they will sell Philippe in the summer, but they have as yet to fix a transfer fee.

"When we met on Friday, Roux did not mention Liverpool. But Roux would prefer Mexes to move to an English club, because Premiership teams do not have the financial problems of Italian sides. But above all what Roux wants to do is to create competition between clubs to increase the transfer fee."
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby Coley » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:02 pm

Why is Biscan not in the list?
Coley

Postby XSD » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:33 pm

source?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:38 pm

Eazy E where did you get that information from ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stackman » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:50 pm

I read a similar report to the above, in the Express today.  It was basically saying that the players are being blamed for the poor season, and for letting Houllier down.  True to an extent, but it is the Manager's job to get the best out of the players.

It seems Houllier will continue next season, even if we don't scrape into fourth place.  A number of players have been identified as having bad seasons and earmarked for moving on.  Those mentioned above plus Hamann, Hyppia, Murphy and Smicer.

Whether you believe newspaper reports or not, is another matter.  If you believe it all, does that mean Biscan has had a good season?  He has made more appearances than most, but doesn't come in for criticism!
Bill Shankly : "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
Stackman

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:00 pm

Biscan is 1 of the worst players I have ever seen wearin a Liverpool shirt along with traore and smicer.Houllier should be 1st out the door and then we will have 2 pay off the contracts of all the dead wood as nobody will pay 4 them.So he spent over 100mil and what about all the wages these wasters have taken from the club???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:17 pm

I would not be too dissapointed if the names on the list are culled, except for Henchoz. If we do get a pacey ball playing centre half to play alongside Hyypia then surely Henchoz would be excellent as cover and competition.

Also I think Smicer could be added to the list, he offers very little and is thirty now so there is no real chance of improvement in the form.

Possibly Murphy could be added to the list as well. I appreciate that last season he was the only one of our players to perform when we were on that long run without a win, and I commend him for that, but hes gone downhill since.

That idea would also mean we would need to bring in five players at least, not the reported two we have lined up. The squad needs to be big enough to cope with a long season, especially after Euro 2004 which will tire a fair bit of our squad.

I LIKE THE IDEA, BUT MORE THOUGHT NEEDED
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BiscanisGOD » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:23 pm

Coley wrote:Why is Biscan not in the list?

BECAUSE BISCAN IS PELE REINCARNATED.

Watch the finesse of his passing and his elegant tackling....
BiscanisGOD

Postby Stackman » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:30 pm

Perhaps that's where Houllier has been going wrong.  He's been playing Pele in central defence.
Bill Shankly : "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."
Stackman

Postby BiscanisGOD » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:32 pm

Exactly.   Biscan up top = Champs League:D
BiscanisGOD

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:42 pm

BISCANISGOD, are you manc blus or just bored ?#
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BiscanisGOD » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:44 pm

The latter - DONT EVER CALL ME A MANC....especially not the dirty red type:angry:
BiscanisGOD

Postby Eazy-E » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:51 pm

I got this info off of teletext pg. 511 on ITV...
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:32 pm

I found £4.84 under the settee?
Will that do for these Windylickers?
A bit steep me thinks
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:02 pm

The manager needs to f##k of first, then we can think which players can go
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion