It's more than just wait till january - Time for a change

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Buying british players exclusively ain't gonna solve the problem.....neither is buying exclusively spanish players..... 

But i would like the squad to have a few local lads.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby **S T R U J @** » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:46 pm

I don't know why Rafa bought spanis player's. Liverpool look like spanish club. Rafa that he is coach in premera.
**S T R U J @**

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:23 pm

I think our fears are becoming true and Rafa has got this very wrong. We all gapsed at his pursuit of Crouch, then he gave journeyman Zenden a contract. Yet another keeper arrived to add to the 3 we have on the books already. Then we couldnt tie a deal for any right sided players nor centre backs. We hoped to build on our Europen success and where frustrated at the calibre of footballers coming in. We just hoped that Rafa had the magic touch, that he had some kind of fantastic plan that would elevate us up the league, albeit on the cheap. Things is its all gone so wrong. We are worse than ever in the league. Benitez has screwed up and must now dig us out of the hole he put us in. He will get that oppertunity and must turn in round big time. January may not come soon enough to save the season, and there will be a rush on for the best footballers at every club. Rafa and his staff have created this mess by their summer transfer dithering and shambolic recruitment policy. Rafa can play around with tactics and rotate his players but the fact is they just aint good enough. We need real players to get anywhere in this league. Liverpool lifted the European Cup with a very ordinary team and despite hiding behind that recently the cracks are showing.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:11 pm

**S T R U J wrote:I don't know why Rafa bought spanis player's. Liverpool look like spanish club. Rafa that he is coach in premera.

look at wenger.. he bought alot of french players! and did very well!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:19 pm

**S T R U J wrote:I don't know why Rafa bought spanis player's. Liverpool look like spanish club. Rafa that he is coach in premera.

He bought Spanish players because he spent his entire career in Spain and thus knows the Spanish market more than any other league.

Houllier did it with French players, and so did Wenger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:45 pm

kazza wrote:Well Raffa is not on the field. The real problem lies with the players, afterall they lost the match. Liverpool had so much possession they should have done better. It was not tactics that lost us the match yesterday, it was heart.

SPOT ON
We make enough chances to win 3 games
its the lack of positional play and s.*i*e finishing by the forwards thats costing us
ok- everything in the garden isnte rosy, but we are a fkn million miles away from some of the hysteria thats coming out.
give it time-did we really think it was our season?
we are still very much at the work in progress stage.
so considering we bagged the EC at this stage we have got to be on the right track
stay calm and give rafa time
teamleader1

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion