Will rafa remain stubborn till january?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:18 pm

Q. Will Rafa remain stubborn til January

A. Yes.

He used to get stick at Valencia when he started out, but he remained resolute.
Then they cried when he left.

Rafa knows.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Firstly  I was under the considered opinion that Rafa was given 5 years to produce a team capable of playing  progressive winning football ,and not a honeymoon period that consists  of just one season  and a handful of games .
It was only a matter of time when the  whiners couldn’t refrain from biting their tongues  any longer and poured their scorn  in Rafa’s  direction .

Hold up Beergoggles, no one is whining or pouring scorn in Rafa's direction . I have merely pointed out that in my opinion domestically Rafa's performance has been like the team ,very average . Why does that make me a whiner ? and why should I bite my tongue ? You seem more put out that I have said something negative about Rafa rather than trying to refute the gist of my observation which once again for the record is ,domestically Rafa's performance ,like the team has been very average. I'm not expecting overnight success , I am however expecting a team that looks as though it's capable of scoring goals and winning a game .
Perhaps you think the team is playing well and living up to your expectations ? fair enough ,we all set our own standards .

Did I specify you Woof as a specific target? 
I cant  see how  you have arrived at such a conclusion  ,I simply was talking about a  wide spectrum of fans who expect miracles straight  away  and yours was one post I singled out  ,but if you see it as  a personal attack then that is the conclusion you have drawn so who am I to differ
I have watched Liverpool reach every pinnacle in the game  and in that respect I suppose im lucky and maybe that’s  why I can afford them patience .
Basically Woof I am quite contented with the progress  I can see , and if that makes for disturbing reading then so be it .
I didn’t write my reply as to provoke anger just to confirm the power positive thought can have on the team, ie Istanbul and in general the damaging effect a negative approach can  proffer .
Also  to bring to your attention the people who log on to this forum sick of the rants on the radio after the game, sick of all the derogatory  comments of so called football pundits  on Sky Sports  ect  .
Hoping to indulge in intelligent football debate  only to log off after reading the same repetitive dirge .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:09 pm

stu_the_red wrote:This place is beyond a joke.

Compare the results to the ones against the same sides last season.

6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES

The mans just won us the europian cup, improved the results against sides this time round and yet some people are still nit picking and having a go.

He's stubborn? Damn :censored: right he should be aswell. Get a grip for christs sake.

For once I agree with you.  :oops:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:18 pm

A.B. wrote:

6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES6 FUCKING GAMES

The mans just won us the europian cup, improved the results against sides this time round and yet some people are still nit picking and having a go.

He's stubborn? Damn :censored: right he should be aswell. Get a grip for christs sake.

For once I agree with you.  :oops:

Christ, whats the world coming to?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:23 pm

better than last season bla bla...........
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:38 pm

liverpool are still a team in progress,there is no quick fix like the cockney c.unts chelski have,it takes time to build a successful squad and i believe that rafa is currently ahead of schedule,hes won us the european cup for fu.ck sakes so just give him time and patience and he will get it right. he just needs the right players to suit the system. and when he gives us some consistency,which i think he is doing at the moment, we will start playing brilliant football...there has been glimpses already this and last season of how well we can play
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:43 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

Yer 6 games 7 points instead of 16 or 18 if we could have either won or got a draw against chelsea. Our 2 games in hand are against Charlton and Arsenal not guarenteed 6 points there either.
Excuses again better than last season bla bla...........

:no
115-1073096938

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:47 pm

ditto stu the red
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:13 am

:buttrock stu -- you're the man!!!!!

finally some sanity!! its only october-- give rafa time all will be well -- he has his plan

oh yeah-- as i tell my spur bud-- the chinks in chelski's armour are showing -- when they all want out, all will be fine
vlady16.1

Postby Dalglish » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:05 am

I get the distinct impression that Rafa is indeed holding out until January when he will bring in HIS players. Some call it stubborness and others call it strength of belief but whatever term yo use it's not scoringa dn it certainly ain't enteratianing !!!

Over the summer the LFC Manger and Board allowed themselves to be sidelined by "Owengate" to such an extent we ended up with no one and for which they must take full responsibility.

Cisse is history and thats sad IMO and there is little being down to get the best out of tha lad before he invariably leaves for a fraction of the price we paid for him ??? I'm surprised the player can get his head off his chest so discouraged he must feel !

4-5-1 is here to stay I'm afraid as not losing has become the acceptable expectation. It's OK Cheslea playing 4-5-1 but when you have players such as Cole, Robben, Duff and Jeremi to choose from it's not difficult to see why it works for them !

We have a twinkle toed Garcia who doesn't turn up for Prem games, a discouraged and unwanted Cisse, the rookie Pongolle and an out of position Zenden to choose from , it's not difficult to see where the problems lie but the solutions seem all the harder when we fail to sign players whose prices are artificially hiked and a board who seem reluctant to put their hands in their pockets and stump up the lolly !

Walk on

:O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:04 am

4-5-1 is here to stay I'm afraid as not losing has become the acceptable expectation. It's OK Cheslea playing 4-5-1 but when you have players such as Cole, Robben, Duff and Jeremi to choose from it's not difficult to see why it works for them !

I agree with Cole,Robben and Duff, but Geremi? What the feck mate? :D

We have a twinkle toed Garcia who doesn't turn up for Prem games, a discouraged and unwanted Cisse, the rookie Pongolle and an out of position Zenden to choose from , it's not difficult to see where the problems lie but the solutions seem all the harder when we fail to sign players whose prices are artificially hiked and a board who seem reluctant to put their hands in their pockets and stump up the lolly !

Point made but how will a 4-4-2 formation change that? People seem to think that with a 4-4-2 formation our lack of wingers will go away. It won't change the fact that we still have a proper right winger or even a left winger. Riise and Zenden are a temporary solution but I rather see Kewell get fit and into form because he's the type of player we need[skill wise].

4-4-2 still doesn't change the lack of depth we have for the back four.

We used the 4-4-2 formation on two occasions this season. The first time was against CSKA Sofia. We lost that game did we not? The second time was against Tottenham in the first-half, we barely had a shot on goal. It wasn't until we converted back to 4-5-1 that we started getting opportunities to get off the scoresheet.

Even with our current players the 4-5-1 formation can be effective. We used it against Arsenal in last November at Anfield and we played them off the park. We had Mellor up front, Pongolle and Kewell on the wings.

It shows that it can work but the players need to step up a bit, and they need to get used to the 4-5-1 formation. What good will it do if we use another formation and keep using it until January and then go back to 4-5-1? Our players would have to get used to it all over again.

Cisse wont sit on the bench forever because of the rotation system. As a matter of fact he's played more games than any other striker[14], and after Hyypia has played the most games overall.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:52 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:.
Also  to bring to your attention the people who log on to this forum sick of the rants on the radio after the game, sick of all the derogatory  comments of so called football pundits  on Sky Sports  ect  .
Hoping to indulge in intelligent football debate  only to log off after reading the same repetitive dirge .

I know what,why dont we all carry on pretending everything is hunky dorey then.

We all know Rafa cant produce an overnight fix on certain things and we also know it will take considerable time to build a team of Rafas likeing.Nobody here is stupid enough to be calling for his head but if we feel concerned about how the team is performing we have the right to voice an opinion.

Although Rafa hasnt bought in most of the players he wants he still has to deal with what he has got.Last year most of us were saying that he made the likes of Biscan,Traore and Smicer European winners.So why cant or hasnt he made the current crop of players able to turnover the likes of Boro,Brum,Spurs and Manglue ,when last year we beat Juve,Leverkusen,the Chavs and Milan ?

Also For the people on here saying its only six games into the season,
You could afford to say that five or ten years ago and still have a fighting chance of winning the league.
The bar has been raised so much since then and that old chestnut wont wash anymore ,I think it would be foolish of you to think its only October so what.
66-1112520797

Postby darwisigila » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:39 am

Yer 6 games 7 points instead of 16 or 18 if we could have either won or got a draw against chelsea. Our 2 games in hand are against Charlton and Arsenal not guarenteed 6 points there either.
Excuses again better than last season bla bla...........

yeah.. u right..is not whether we trust rafa or not but clearly we got problem now coz we don have the right player to play the system.ouestion is why don wait till jan when we may get player we want.
darwisigila

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:27 am

Bamaga man wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:.

I know what,why dont we all carry on pretending everything is hunky dorey then.

We all know Rafa cant produce an overnight fix on certain things and we also know it will take considerable time to build a team of Rafas likeing.Nobody here is stupid enough to be calling for his head but if we feel concerned about how the team is performing we have the right to voice an opinion.

Although Rafa hasnt bought in most of the players he wants he still has to deal with what he has got.Last year most of us were saying that he made the likes of Biscan,Traore and Smicer European winners.So why cant or hasnt he made the current crop of players able to turnover the likes of Boro,Brum,Spurs and Manglue ,when last year we beat Juve,Leverkusen,the Chavs and Milan ?

Also For the people on here saying its only six games into the season,
You could afford to say that five or ten years ago and still have a fighting chance of winning the league.
The bar has been raised so much since then and that old chestnut wont wash anymore ,I think it would be foolish of you to think its only October so what.

Hear hear well said Bamaga.  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:09 am

we will be at top 5 next jan
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion