It's more than just wait till january - Time for a change

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:26 pm

I'm STILL with Raffa as I  really do rate him as a coach and I honestly think that today's problems are a great example of him not knowing the premiership well enough. I do think he'll come good without breaking the  bank but the path we are taking at the moment is a mile out.
Today's farce has shown the same problems that we've been experiencing over the past decade and a half when players show no awarness of their their own or the opposing team. They used to call it "chuck it and chance it" Once again we are developing a team with absolutely NO shape and as a result the ball is being given away cheaply.
Hyppia has no place left in a mobile defence and you can blame Jimmy as much as you like but it weas Hyppia's mark that scored the goal and he should have been next to him. As he should have been in the 2nd minute instead of standing there like Dicky Lewis' with his arm up.

It is great winning the European Cup but the ONLY one that really matters is the First Division (call it the premiership if you must) that is the real test of a team. Eleven strangers are going to win nothing and that it what we are looking like at the moment !!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:34 pm

JohnBull wrote:Eleven strangers are going to win nothing and that it what we are looking like at the moment !!

And squad rotation is not helping it...... We can only rotate our players once we play as a team... By constantly chopping & changing the team line-up, how do u expect the team to gel ?

Even chelsea play with their strongest most of the important games..... And look at the reserve they have.....

And i have said it once before, if we are to play hyppia, hamann should play too... No hamann and hyppia will be exposed....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:40 pm

building a team is a slow process,he has only been manger for about 15 months,be patient and rafa will deliver the goods
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:44 pm

It is a slow process but there should be some sign of progression At the moment we are going backwards and before you know it we'll be back in Houllier territory.

There ARE kids in the Academy who could do a better job than these and the time is right, We've nothing to lose !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:54 pm

well said JB.

personally i really do now think its time for rafa to reinvent the wheel in terms of his 'bread and butter' policies and the impotent style weve sunk into in the league. nothing in january (that we can afford at any rate) is going to change things drastically. he alone only can do this with man-management and an awareness of lessons learnt. there isnt an issue that says he isnt able. the only discussion we need to have is whether he is brave enough to.

there are men and boys playing beneath our first eleven whose dream it is to pull on a red shirt in front of the kop. not all are ready and not all will have made the cultural leap from their homeland yet. but some of them, maybe only two of them. must be at least capable of doing no worse!
i dont care whether they are english, spanish or from timbuctoo. things have to change radically somewhere, what better place than the sheer enthusiasm of opportunity!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:04 pm

I think that Rafa could do a lot worse than to hire John Aldridge as one of his assistants. In fact, I think he should replace Alex Miller.
I listen to JA quite a lot on Radio City, and also read his columns in the Echo and the Kop. JA reads the game well and can often see how we can change games when he is commentating. He has managerial experience, and he can also inject a bit of passion into the dressing room. I think what our club is missing at the moment is a bit of local blood among the senior coaching staff. We haven't had any since losing Sammy Lee and Phil Thommo.
I don't know much about Alex Miller's coaching qualities, but what I do know is that he was head scout during Houlliers reign i.e. responsible for Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou etc. What does that say about a mans judge of footballer? I may be being harsh on the fella, and he may be a great coach - but I would gladly like to see him make way for John Aldridge.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:08 pm

Hope sammy lee comes back as his number 2.....Rafa needs someone to tell him how to play in the premier league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:08 pm

i think thats an excellent shout nifty. aldo would be ideal.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:10 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:I don't know much about Alex Miller's coaching qualities, but what I do know is that he was head scout during Houlliers reign i.e. responsible for Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou etc. What does that say about a mans judge of footballer? I may be being harsh on the fella, and he may be a great coach - but I would gladly like to see him make way for John Aldridge.

Something tells me that it wasn't Miller that was responsible for signing those clowns.  Houllier obviously signed those guys from his own knowledge of the french league.

I don't know about sacking Miller to be honest, that's harsh.  But you're on the right lines, a bit more fight in the dressing room could do us good.  Whether it's new players or a new coach, we need someone with a pair of :censored: balls in there.  Not enough fight in this team
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:12 am

The_Rock wrote:Hope sammy lee comes back as his number 2.....Rafa needs someone to tell him how to play in the premier league.

Well Raffa is not on the field. The real problem lies with the players, afterall they lost the match. Liverpool had so much possession they should have done better. It was not tactics that lost us the match yesterday, it was heart.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:37 am

kazza wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Hope sammy lee comes back as his number 2.....Rafa needs someone to tell him how to play in the premier league.

Well Raffa is not on the field. The real problem lies with the players, afterall they lost the match. Liverpool had so much possession they should have done better. It was not tactics that lost us the match yesterday, it was heart.

Kazza, you have a blind faith in Rafa like most others - but he made some odd decisions yesterday. Why did he take Kewell off when he was playing well. Why didn't he take Nando off when he was sh'ite. Why didn't he put Crouch on sooner, when Cisse was running riot down the right wing - Crouch could of got on the end of his crosses. The manager has to take some blame.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:06 pm

Even JC knows what the problem is, he publicly stated that there are liverpool players that have not got enough 'fight' in them for the prem. That means getting shut of them is the only answer! whats the alternative? tell the ponces to get stuck in? Nothing will change with Aldo (though I would love him to be there) what will be his 1st task? to tell the boss he has signed a bunch of dandy boys who don't like it up'em? We will finish 8th in the prem & reach the quarters of CL.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby don » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:21 pm

neil wrote:Even JC knows what the problem is, he publicly stated that there are liverpool players that have not got enough 'fight' in them for the prem. That means getting shut of them is the only answer! whats the alternative? tell the ponces to get stuck in? Nothing will change with Aldo (though I would love him to be there) what will be his 1st task? to tell the boss he has signed a bunch of dandy boys who don't like it up'em? We will finish 8th in the prem & reach the quarters of CL.

I agree with neil 100% :devil:
don

Postby akumaface » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:12 pm

I think at least half of the team doesn't have heart in it. Its very difficult to find someone who is willing to risk playing hard for a club as tradition means ditto to them. As long as they cash their paycheque on time, they don't care. To them, its only a job and how sad this is especially to our fans. I agree totally that we should try to play some of our kids as this might stir things up a little and create some pressure to those who take the position for granted. While we are at it, we should send Nando to play at the reserve as he is doing absolutely nothing. We have to admit it we got robbed from the deal and the 6 million squid just went down the toilet.....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby nev » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:45 pm

Fully agree with you, we should get rid of the deadwood in the summer and get talent and not NAME BRANDS into the side. We want players to wear the jersey with pride. Bring back Owen,and Murphy, and get the youngsters involved which will let the seniors know that their position is not gauranteed.
Regards
Neville Govender
Johannesburg
South Africa
nev

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion