Mista deal dead as bowditch signs. - Ipswich striker admits reds move.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:52 pm

Ipswich Town star striker Dean Bowditch has admitted on local radio that he is to join Liverpool when the transfer window opens in January. The report claims that Rafa Benitez is concerned about negative comments over his "Spanish" signings & wants to show the fans he can unearth players in the UK as well as his native Spain. Bowditch comes with a somewhat murkey past & it's reported is "detested" by his teamates at Ipewich because of his arrogant attitude.
spiralstairs00

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:24 pm

well i knew we wouldn't get mista but i hope we can get dean bodwitch he is a great player to good for the championship
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:31 pm

Never heard of him or have I seen him play but I trust Rafa.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:43 pm

Should be interesting.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:54 pm

yeah, never saw him play before. Wat's his scoring record like ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fat Controller » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:11 pm

Why should Rafa worry about negative comments from some people who are probably working with an anti Liverpool agenda,if he wants any player then he should go and get them no matter what nationality that player is.
Fat Controller

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:15 pm

Fat Controller wrote:Why should Rafa worry about negative comments from some people who are probably working with an anti Liverpool agenda,if he wants any player then he should go and get them no matter what nationality that player is.

Yeah i dont think Rafa the sort of guy who going to base his signings because of PR reasons. If he signs the guy its going to be for better reasons then  that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:39 pm

Bowditch earned rave reviews last season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby long sleeved joe » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:11 pm

spiralstairs00 wrote:Bowditch comes with a somewhat murkey past & it's reported is "detested" by his teamates at Ipewich because of his arrogant attitude.

Its kind of natural for a young player to get arrogant when he's a big fish in a small pond but put him among top proffessionals and i'm sure he'll come down to earth
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:24 pm

i couldn't find any imformation on him about subs apperance etc but i know he's scored 2 goals this season
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:26 am

spiralstairs00 wrote:Ipswich Town star striker Dean Bowditch has admitted on local radio that he is to join Liverpool when the transfer window opens in January. The report claims that Rafa Benitez is concerned about negative comments over his "Spanish" signings & wants to show the fans he can unearth players in the UK as well as his native Spain. Bowditch comes with a somewhat murkey past & it's reported is "detested" by his teamates at Ipewich because of his arrogant attitude.

I cant beleive this loada of tosh you are saying, that Rafa has to "balance" things out, by bringing english players into the side. If he was that concerned he wouldn't have brought  in 4 spaniards!

and an ipswitch player? do me a favour.

im sure Rafa has the experience and knowledge, not to panic buy. and certainyl not buy english players just for the sake of it. He knows talent when he sees it.

what a silly fu*ckin post!

pure rumour mongering.
72-1090627431

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:51 am

Hustler.............why are leeds utd so ******? :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:19 am

i can't seem to find any info on this Bowditch. How good is he and what type of a player is he, anyone?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:29 am

well i think that Dean Bowditch  is 19 yrs, so he was bought for long-term (unless he is as good as dafoe  :D ). So Mista deal could be still on....

But we don't really need Mista given the way we play nowadays (4-4-1-1).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:13 am

Ive posted on Bowditch before as back home (suffolk) most of mates are Ipswich season ticket holders and this guy leaving is gonna bring tears to their eyes. Funnily enough I was talking to a few of them last night and this topic came up and you could see the tears welling up in their eyes. They have been lucky enough over the last 5-6 yeras to see some great talent produced at portman road but they all think that Bowditch is the ONE who is gonna go right to the top. He is young and Im not sure what Hustler means by it being a joke buying Ipswich players as there is a great academy down there or should we buy all our players from so called big clubs. I guess he thinks Kirkland is useless too. As it goes they have an England under 21 striker called Bent who has an unbelievabe scoring record at Ipswich and England, he is quick strong but also clever. I believe he would be worth a punt as well if your reading this Rafa maybe our Defoe or could replace, in time, whatshisfaceagain erm you know the one who left us, cmon you must recall the one who scored gainst the A.rse twice in the FA cup final.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion