Whats the difference ? - Rafa and houllier.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:15 pm

After the time we finished second in the league the tactics failed because most teams in the Premiership knew how to play against them. Houllier didn't have any other way style of play other than to tacticize around Michael Owen.

That's where the difference lies. Benitez on the other hand can change things around. He doesn't have the same tactics in every game and the way we play is a combination of various things. Whether it be passing our way forward, counter-attacking or going via aierial balls.

Houllier played two up front because Michael Owen needed a striker alongside with him who could feed him the balls [Heskey] thats why he played with two up front.

You can have an attacking team with the 4-5-1 formation and you can have a defensive team with a 4-4-2 formation, it all depends on the personal in the squad.

The first paragraph is complete :censored:. The team which finished second was missing a wide, left sided irish winger (Duff) and required a young french striker (Anelka) to be signed permanently. It had :censored: all to do with the tactics. The tactics got us second place, with the right additions the tactics of course would have improved. But instead the complete wrong signings were made and it went down hill.

Also Michael Owen didn't "need" anyone along side him.

The rest of the post is perfectly valid.
115-1073096938

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:08 pm

JohnBull wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:We are only four games into the season I no but there seems to be striking similaritys between the way Rafa has his team set out to the team of Houlliers .

UnfrigginBELIEVABLE !!!!

Raffa/Houllier = Can Do/Couldn't Do, Chalk/Cheese, Black/White
There was a team going no where that is now having foundations built and this is ther best position we've been in for YEARS. Absolutely NO COMPARISON !!!

Sums it up johnbull

Rafas liverpool are still at a ''work in progress stage''but in a positive and crowd pleasing way

Under Houllier we played the most boring inconsistant load of garbage its been mine and many others misfortune to witness

Name me any other manager (incuding caretakers) who talked and served up more total shyte than him?

Apart from the fact that they both have two arms and legs there is absoloutly no comparison whats so ever IMHO   :D
teamleader1

Postby ry_math » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:24 pm

houllier he did nothing but teach "long ball"
ry_math

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:39 pm

The first paragraph is complete . The team which finished second was missing a wide, left sided irish winger (Duff) and required a young french striker (Anelka) to be signed permanently. It had all to do with the tactics. The tactics got us second place, with the right additions the tactics of course would have improved. But instead the complete wrong signings were made and it went down hill.

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make. Houllier only had plan "A", he had no plan "B".
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Everton Killa » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:45 pm

Difference is Rafa is world class houlier could only win stuff like uefa cups and league cups rafa wins champion leagues and leagues
Everton Killa

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion