Bob paisley - The greatest

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:12 am

Paisley was the greatest British manager. All Europian clubs trembled at the thought of playing English clubs  in that era due to the success of Liverpool. To say that Liverpool carried the English (and even British) flag is an understatment. Those were the days of English domination in Europe, and Paisley should have been knighted. Fergie getting knighted was more due to media pressure rather than anything (I mean he was lucky to have won Europe once,Liverpool dominated Europe), in those days however it was not quite the same.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:37 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:what a DULL post!

We all know who he was!

Shall we all start signing "Ferry Cross the Mersey" too?

Major Silly Post.

Zara you need...... :help

Is this guy for real!!!

It sounds like you need to learn a little about the history of this great club you claim to support!!

Legends of LFC are as fondly thought of by true reds today as they were when they were walking around Anfield.

Ignore this clown Zara, your nostalgia is always welcome!!

:veryangry

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:55 pm

thegreedo wrote:Ignore this clown Zara, your nostalgia is always welcome!!

aye, even if you didnt write it

ynwa paisley
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:28 pm

peewee wrote:
mistyred wrote:Brilliant post Zara the man the myth the absolute f'ck.ing legend  :bowdown

she didnt write it mate.

the man was an absolute legend, he is really the first manager i remember although shankly was manager when i went to my first game.

there wasnt as much media attention when bob was manager or im sure he would have recieved some recognition apart from his OBE

:D I know Peewee i was just saying Metaphorically speaking.

So i will say nice cut and paste Zara  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:42 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:what a DULL post!

We all know who he was!

Shall we all start signing "Ferry Cross the Mersey" too?

Major Silly Post.

Zara you need...... :help

:angry:  you king size peenus!

your cruising for a kicking you spanner! On the other hand, I've shit bigger turds than you so I probably will just laugh at you and hope you lop off your bell end while speed wanking, you turd.

nice post zara, dont care how you got it there, nice post.
Paisley was a simple man, he thought nothing of mingling with fans. He also used to go to out for a pint at the WMC back in his homeland, Hetton Le Hole, near County Durham, despite his fame and fortune he was a working man at heart.

god bless you Bob.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:45 pm

lmfao leej  :laugh: , your grasp of the english language is sublime at times  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:50 pm

Mod's, any chance of ditching this garcia clown??

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:08 pm

Garcia use to be registered under the name of hustler, hopefully he'll get bored and :censored: off
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:48 pm

It was a great read, but I was suprised that Shankly didn't get a mention along with Clough and Stein.
For me, Shankly was the best. He changed the whole attitude of the club and made it what it is today. Whenever I go to the games, I always take time to look at the fantastic statue behind the Kop, I always give Bill a nod before entering the ground.
Paisley is a very close second though. What he achieved is outstanding.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:06 pm

the thing is, it is very difficult to follow an iconic legend, which is what Shankly was. I don't remember Bill, my memories stretch back to about 76( i remember the fa cup semi in 77 distinctly) but I am aware that players such as hughes, keegan, clemence, smith, highway and callaghen etc came from this era. They were instilled with a winning mentality though had'nt actually conquered all. This is what Bob Paisley achieved, he conquered all. The period between say 77-83 was as good as it gets, the players, the footy, the silverwear and here was a humble man, the fulcrum of the greatest club footballing achievements this nation has ever been privelidged to witness. Bob Paisley made my childhood very happy, yes.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:55 pm

There is so much written about the qualities of good and great managers. When I read this article, for me it encapsulted so eloquently the spirit of Liverpool football club .. it celebrates and reminds us of the successor: Bob Paisely who completed the collosseum by building Liverpool in to the 'Bastian of Invinsilbility' that Shanks spoke so powerfully of.

This article reminds me of an era in which a genius worked his magic humbly and quietly.. but left a lasting legacy upon which a reputation of greatness was and is established.

BTW LeeJ that's a brill dissing :D :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:15 pm

I remember when Shanks resigned and the following season after Paisley took over we only won the fair play trophy and I remember everyone saying. 'Bring back Shanks'.
The following season it was Bob's team and rest is history.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:49 pm

lets hope we can build even more history, and that we can say in the future: ''when we got rid of houllier, i remember saying thank god we got rafa''
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:17 pm

your not very good at this whole judge persona are you.

(Hindsight, such a wonderful debate killer)
109-1093441336

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:13 am

meelan. it was a quote taken out of boocity's words you fucking retard :angry:

it is also not surprising that you have never entered into any structured debate. i suppose you are luis garcia hustlers friend, or the same person. NOB
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion