Bob paisley

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:11 pm

Peewee, I used my old uni address...and got myself in the petition. :)
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:14 pm

:;):
112-1077774096

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:56 pm

I only ever met hime once.... True gent.....
Took the time to speak a starry eyed kid.

Absolute legend....

LFC owes a huge debt to the man.
Carried and conducted himself with humility and a down to earth nature...
What I wouldn't give to have you back Bob.
No knighthood or MBEs or anything else necessary...

You were and still are a testament to LFC and the epitome of how a manager should conduct himself.

RIP sir.....
ConnO'var

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:00 am

:bump   9 days to sign the petition.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jaytoothetee » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:39 pm

up to 25,000 now  :grinning:
i really hope he gets it, should have been awarded in his lifetime
a true legend :bowdown

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby jaytoothetee » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

i've just signed
it's up to 25,000 now  :grinning:
i really hope he gets it, should have been awarded in his lifetime
a true legend :bowdown

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby dward » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Signed it.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:36 pm

MPs back Paisley knighthood drive

MPs are joining the growing campaign to grant a posthumous knighthood for former Liverpool manager Bob Paisley.

Labour MP George Howarth has tabled a Commons motion for Paisley to receive the award 11 years after his death.

"Bob was the most successful manager in football history and was held in great affection for his outstanding knowledge and modesty," said Howarth.

In nine years in charge he won six league titles, three European cups, three League cups and one Uefa cup.

More than 25,000 people have signed a petition on the prime ministers website calling for the move.

You only have to look at his record as a manager to realise that he was up there with the best

George Howarth's motion is supported by five other MPs including some Labour colleagues who are Everton supporters.

Former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson, a key member of Paisley's squad during his final years at the club, said he and his team-mates would be delighted by a posthumous honour.

"I think it would be fantastic," Lawrenson told the BBC. "He was a brilliant manager. Everyone in the team I played for would be absolutely delighted if this comes about."

Liverpool and England defender Jamie Carragher has also added his backing for the campaign.

"I was never fortunate enough to play under Bob Paisley, but everyone at Anfield knows what a great manager and a great man he was," said Carragher.

"You only have to look at his record as a manager to realise that he was up there with the best - three European Cups speaks for itself. "

Spurs fans have attempted a similar, but so far unsuccessful, attempt at winning a posthumous knighthood for their legendary former player and manager Bill Nicholson after his death in October 2004.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Reg wrote:
metalhead wrote:Legend! I cannot believe he didn't get the credit he deserved!

In the nicest possible way I have to disagree. Bob DID get the highest praise and awards for his achievements - the admiration of the football world and various managerial honours. We knew he was god. Its just that today knighthoods and MBE etc.. are worthless and are thrown around willy-nilly.

Bob wouldnt have wanted a knighthood, that wasnt his style. He got our undying admiration and respect. Think of Rome in 77, was there ever a better day in the history of British football? The occasion, the fans, the game, the partying, the celebration back in Liverpool. You'd throw your knighthood down a well to live an evening like that wouldnt you?

Stevie's MBE - go tell that to Tommy Smith!  :bowdown

good post mate and i have to agree in a lot of ways, but i believe that the award would mean a lot to his family and all the fans to show the world what the man achieved

but he is far above the cricket team and David beckham
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Tottenham Dave » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:46 am

We've been trying for yonks at the Lane for Bill Nicholson to get one, no one listens unfortunately. We just call him Sir Bill anyway. :censored: me, if Wogan can get one...........
Tottenham Dave

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:00 am

Paisley should certainly get a knighthood.

Bill Nicholson should get one too.

I would say three European cups and winning the first English league and cup double for seventy-three years warrants two honours for those guys.

After all, Bono got an award for "services to sunglasses" or something.

Brian Clough should be honoured too.

Why all these guys are ignored while Fergie gets the Blairite hand job is beyond me. Then again, he's a New Labour supporter isn't he?
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:00 am

Legend.  :bowdown

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:06 am

Whilst I wholehearteadly believe that Bob Paisley deserves all the recognition and plaudits the Honours list is largely political and pro establishment and because of this you get these disparity's.

With this in mind I'm personally don't think it's such a big deal as fans make out and would be interested to see what the Paisley family have to say on the matter.

Bob Paisley is a legend as Lando has said and doesn't need any posthoumous award to prove the fact.

R.I.P Bob , the perfect Gentlerman :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:08 am

Paisley's Words Of Wisdom:

'The sort of lad i'm looking for here is a kid who'll try to nutmeg Kevin Keegan in a training match... but then step aside for him in the corridor.'

'One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog, you must stick together. Then you don't get lost. If there's a secret about Liverpool, Thats it.'

:bowdown
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1173565005 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:35 am

GET OVER IT, HE DECLINED AN OFFER YOU :censored: ON THE GROUND OF BEING HUMBLE AND A NORMAL WORKING CLASS LAD FROM DURHAM.
65-1173565005

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion