Bob paisley

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby davo_LFC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:54 pm

The best manager in british history, his trophy haul proves it.

Genius and a terrific fella. True liverpool legend, right up their with shanks, it is a crime that he hasnt been knighted for all his achievements

RIP and god bless.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:18 pm

davo_LFC wrote:The best manager in british history, his trophy haul proves it.

Genius and a terrific fella. True liverpool legend, right up their with shanks, it is a crime that he hasnt been knighted for all his achievements

RIP and god bless.

They don't knight LFC managers.

Apparantly you have to be a Man Utd (or England) manager even if they only win a fraction of the LFC ones.

F**k the Knighthood - the legend is worth so much more.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:55 am

Bob was and will for ever be unique. Quietly spoken, modest and a genius. The Portuguese fisherman and Ferguson are sad examples of how power corrupts.

True story. Bob was never one for speaches. One saturday when Ronnie Moran was geeing up the lads before a game, Bob stuck his head round the changing room door, looked at the players and simply said 'Same as wednesday lads...' and walked away.

How could those players fail to respond to such a man?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:35 am

haha the guy used to walk round anfield in his slippers, such a humble man.

a true legend, i met him only once and i wish i was astute enough back then to appreciate real legend. i suppose i didnt appreciate him when i was younger a i expected us to win everything and didnt really think about how much hard work and skill went into it
112-1077774096

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:33 pm

Not in my time..but read about him in alot of articles, and I explored the LFC site and read about Bob.

Legend! I cannot believe he didn't get the credit he deserved!
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brenitez » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:58 pm

signed......... only right they honour the man who won THREE.........
brenitez

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:59 am

metalhead wrote:Legend! I cannot believe he didn't get the credit he deserved!

In the nicest possible way I have to disagree. Bob DID get the highest praise and awards for his achievements - the admiration of the football world and various managerial honours. We knew he was god. Its just that today knighthoods and MBE etc.. are worthless and are thrown around willy-nilly.

Bob wouldnt have wanted a knighthood, that wasnt his style. He got our undying admiration and respect. Think of Rome in 77, was there ever a better day in the history of British football? The occasion, the fans, the game, the partying, the celebration back in Liverpool. You'd throw your knighthood down a well to live an evening like that wouldnt you?

Stevie's MBE - go tell that to Tommy Smith!  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:38 am

A true legend, a gentleman of the game, well probably never see his like again... And to think he never wanted the Liverpool managers job in the first place...amazing truly amazing.
I managed to get his autograph in 1986, My Granda spotted him on the Liverpool team bus on a pre-season tour to Ireland. We went over to the bus and he signed a match programme for me. I was only a child at the time and I remember my Granda saying that that autograph was better than any players autograph he was such a true legend in the game. How right my Granda was.......
Pedro Maradona

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:33 am

Absolutely impressive. Respect is the feeling you feel when I knew about this man.

About the knighthood, thingy, I hope they give it to them. But it will be far too late. It's amazing that Alex Ferguson was more awarded and relevant, when he's nowhere near what Bob Paisley achieved!

The British should be well aware, better sooner than later, that Liverpool Footbal Club is the club that has represented, is representing, and will represent UK best.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Great man,brought us 3 of or the 5 european cups,brilliant,huge respect for him.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Novo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:15 pm

A legend!
Novo

Postby azriahmad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:54 pm

Unfortunately, I can't sign the petition as I am neither a citizen nor a resident   :(

Bob Paisley took over from Shanks and won nothing in his first season. Pulled off a masterstroke when he converted a rather overweight/heavyish striker into a freescoring left sided midfielder in Ray Kennedy, who finished as club top scorer in 1980/81.

Rebuilt his team from the largely Shanks-inherited team into a truly great team at the end of the 1976/77 season with the addition of the 3 greatest "Jocks" in Liverpool history namely Dalglish, Souness and "the steal of the century" Hansen acquired for a paltry 100,000 quid. Did it again at the end of 1980/81 by installing Rush, Whelan, Lawrenson (I know that he is a pr!ck now, but he was a great player for us then), Grobbelaar, Johnston.

He won 6 league championship titles over a span of 9 managerial seasons, failing in only 3 seasons - his first in 1975/76, in 1977/78 and 1980/80 but he only finished empty handed trophy wise (if you discount "token" trophies like the Charity Shield and European Supercup) only in his first season in charge. Phenomenal manager, simply the greatest in my book.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:27 pm

azri i signed it mate using my uk address, you can just find a hotel address in the Uk and use that
112-1077774096

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:47 pm

The Best. What a remarkable man he was.  Just wish there were more like him in the game.

RIP Bob Paisley. YNWA

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby azriahmad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:04 pm

Cheers, peewee. I'll try yr advise. :)
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion