Best startint 11 - Using current squad members

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:14 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:with what we have to play with and everyone being fit this weekend i would play this team

reina

carra - - skittle - - agger - - Aurelio

alonso
babel --    gerrard              -- riera

keane
              torres

bench: Ngog, kuyt, Mash, Lucas, Insua, Hyypia, Cavalieri

Yepp with the only question being who to play on the right, babel on a good day where he actually puts the effort in, otherwise Kuyt. I also like 4-4-2 as it means more players can influence the game. 4-5-1 breaks down if Stevie and the striker have a bad day or get marked out of the game as happened against Stoke.
heimdall

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:46 pm

GK: Reyna
RB: Arbeloa
CB: Carra
CB: Skrtel
LB: Aurelio(Maybe Insua)
RM: Kuyt
CM: Gerrard
DM: Alonso
LM: Riera
CF: Keane
ST: Torres

Subs: Babel, Benayoun, Agger, Hyypia, N'Gog, Lucas, Masch, Cavalieri
Zidane

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:18 am

GYBS wrote:gk pepe
rb arbeloa
lb insua
cb carra
cb agger
dm xabi
dm masher
rm kuyt
lm reira
am gerrard
st torres

subs
cavelleri
skittles
aurelio
lucas
babel
yossi
keane

i would go with that. image taking out kuyt for a world class right sided player.. what a team would that make.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:44 am

Reina
Abeloa Carager Agger Isua
SG Alonso Masch Riera
      Keane
     Torres

This is my formation-imo offensive and yet stable/balanced (of course not yet proven)
whylongball?

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:58 am

Had Keane settled there might have been a debate to be had about the 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, but given that he hasn't for whatever reason (and we all have our own theories) then it's got to be the former. Given that, the only debate as far as I can tell is who partners Carragher at centre half, and on the odd occasion that he's fit, whether you go with Aurelio or Insua at left back.

Being ever the optimistic type, I'm going to make the assumption that Aurelio is fit for the particular moment that my team selection goes in, and this is therefore my line up.

Reina.
Arbeloa  Carragher  Agger   Aurelio

Kuyt    Alonso       Masherano      Riera

Gerard

Torres
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:42 am

Reina
Arbeloa   Carra   Skrtel/Agger    Insua

Kuyt      Gerrard     Alonso      Riera

Keane       Tores

Or the same team 4-5-1 with Masch in and Keane out......

Depending on whether we are home or away and which team.

I would have preferred Arshavin bought instead of Keane and we could
have put him where Kuyt is in the 4-5-1.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 am

I think whether Alonso  or Masch plays or both we are short of genuine creativity. Hard work gets you only so far and we are too easy to stifle at the moment. Sides that just want to close us down find it too easy, and we depend too much on persistance or getting a lucky break rather than creating genuine opportunities.

Hopefully now Torres is back we will find it a little easier to score anyway and maybe our lack of creativity won't be as highlighted. 

While Riera has added balance and better ball retention to our left hand side (and a few goals) he has so far not really added the kind of constant menace that we need, and to be honest I think what we have seen is what we will get. I don't expect to see a great deal more from him than what we have already.

Kuyt after a bright start to the season seems to have slipped back, chopping and changing his position hasn't really helped. I don't think anyone expects him to suddenly change into George Best, so while he is hard working we are never going to see him leave a line of players sprawling behind him as he cuts through defences like a knife through butter.

Keane while I still think we will see more goals from him in the second half of the season than we did in the first (if he gets the chance to play!) doesn't look like being the answer, which leaves all our real hopes lying in the capable hands of Torres and Gerrard.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:53 am

-------------Reina
Arby--Carra--Agger--Insua
Gerrard--Alonso--Mash--Riera
---------Torres--Keane

subs:
Cavilieri
Skertel/Hyypia
Aurelio/Darby
Lucas
El Zhar/Pacheco
Benayoun/Hammill
Nemeth

i would love to see Diego or Zhirkov in this team.

players that need to be sold are:
Dossena, Voronin, Pennant, Babel, Plessis, Kuyt, Itandge and Antwi. the day Rafa sells Agger i'll probably lose faith in his management skills. he is gonna be worth at least twice the rumored amount we're selling him for once he isnt ours.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:-------------Reina
Arby--Carra--Agger--Insua
Gerrard--Alonso--Mash--Riera
---------Torres--Keane

subs:
Cavilieri
Skertel/Hyypia
Aurelio/Darby
Lucas
El Zhar/Pacheco
Benayoun/Hammill
Nemeth

i would love to see Diego or Zhirkov in this team.

players that need to be sold are:
Dossena, Voronin, Pennant, Babel, Plessis, Kuyt, Itandge and Antwi. the day Rafa sells Agger i'll probably lose faith in his management skills. he is gonna be worth at least twice the rumored amount we're selling him for once he isnt ours.

Who's Zhirkov Maypax?

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:04 am

Yuri Zhirkov the russian left side player who plays for CSKA

he is actually capable of playing in the left wing and also leftback.. heres a video of his goal which was voted best goal of the tournament recently.

here
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:07 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Yuri Zhirkov the russian left side player who plays for CSKA

he is actually capable of playing in the left wing and also leftback.. heres a video of his goal which was voted best goal of the tournament recently.

here

Did he play left back in the Euro's ? I remember they had a cracking player at left back.

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 am

s@int wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:Yuri Zhirkov the russian left side player who plays for CSKA

here

Did he play left back in the Euro's ? I remember they had a cracking player at left back.

yup that is him. i just feel that if we're gonna let one of the best defensive prospects in europe leave, we better have someone of equal if not better quality as a replacement. Carra and Hyypia arent getting any younger, Aurelio and Degen are always injured. we only have Arby, Skertel and Insua left. and Hobbs for all the rave ratings he's got when he came as a teen prospect doesnt seem to be having any future.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:

here

yup that is him. i just feel that if we're gonna let one of the best defensive prospects in europe leave, we better have someone of equal if not better quality as a replacement. Carra and Hyypia arent getting any younger, Aurelio and Degen are always injured. we only have Arby, Skertel and Insua left. and Hobbs for all the rave ratings he's got when he came as a teen prospect doesnt seem to be having any future.

hold on now...  ??? ... centre backs and full backs are totally different animals... I can't make sense of what you're trying to say... are you saying because we're gonna lose Agger, we need to get this zhirkov guy?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:

here

hold on now...  ??? ... centre backs and full backs are totally different animals... I can't make sense of what you're trying to say... are you saying because we're gonna lose Agger, we need to get this zhirkov guy?

im talking about the defence in general. and if you scroll up you'll see i suggested selling Dossena and also in the post you quoted i mentioned how Aurelio is often injured leaving only Insua. so ''this Zhirkov guy'' would be a good replacement for both of them. and as for central defence, we've been linked to Dmytro Chygrynskiy and ive no clue who he is other then Barca is tracking him too.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:00 pm

maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:

here

I think he's talking about quality not positions. We are losing a top quality defender (center back) bring in a top quality player in Zhirkov (left side)and maybe we won't feel the loss of quality the same.

I don't think he means as a straight replacement  :D

Edit .... you beat me to it Maypax  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion