Dalglish to return - Please no!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:25 pm

i couldn't believe it last night when i turned the radio on for 606. a liverpool fan came on and said that kenny dalglish should be our next manager because it would "fill arsenal, man united and chelsea with fear". i thought just hold on a second. if we appointed dalglish man u and arsenal would be laughing their heads off. i'll tell you why:

1) yes dalglish may have won us two leagues and two fa cups during his first stint but that was 15 years ago. times change. back then every player we had was british and would die for the club.

2) since then he won the league at blackburn, even though it was pretty hard not to considering jack walker gave him the money to practically but the league.

3) he then completely destroyed kevin keegans newcastle team which played some of the best attacking football i have ever seen, and brought a load of sh#te foreigners. remind you of anyone?!!

4) he also took celtic about two steps backwards along with john barnes.

don't get me wrong, he's the greatest player ever to wear the red shirt in my opinion but him coming back would be a disaster for liverpool football club. what do u reckon?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:28 pm

If he succeeded then it would be FANTASTIC, but if he fails then we'd be a laughing stock. Remember Kendall's return to Everton? If it doesn't work then the claim that we are living on past glories will be rubbed in our faces

I'd still rather give Kenny another go than Kermit another second
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:31 pm

the fans are pretty much split 50/50 on the whole idea. some feel it's worth the risk. i don't think the board however would be willing to take this risk.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:38 pm

I'm split 50/50 on it! :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:56 pm

I say give  king kenny a go, he cant do much worse than "Le frog?... ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:00 pm

stmichael wrote:2) since then he won the league at blackburn, even though it was pretty hard not to considering jack walker gave him the money to practically but the league.

The theory that he bought the Premiership is bu11shit, proven by every team that has tried it since. Kermit has failed as have chelski (so far) Kenny bought a quality striker and built a good team around that, it isn't how much money you spend as how wisely you spend it.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:01 pm

thats the problem. it's not really a step in either direction until we're actually up there challenging for the league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:17 pm

1/ Mucked up Keegans team at Newcastle  2/ Mucked up Celtic and got John Barnes to take the stick 3/ I cant tell what the ferk he says .

NO dont go back .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:21 pm

yeah he has probably got the quietest, most unemotional voice in the history of football management.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:36 pm

Also the best excuses in the prem!! :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion