Liverpool line up Dalglish return

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 pm wrote:kenny should be back, he gave absolutely everything he had as a player and a manager for this club, wether that was scoring goals in title deciders, scoring goals in european cup finals, picking the club up off it`s knee`s after heysel and hillsborough, going to 96 funerals, telling kelvin mckenzie where to go 20 years before hillsborough became the `cause celebre` of footballs chattering classes and even more recently defending luis and the club to the hilt when the wolves in the press and even world leaders were wanting to rip the uruguayan to shreds.
if anyone has earned the right to wander around on a match day in a club tie shaking a few hands it`s that man.
mistakes were made when bill shankly retired, lets not repeat them again.
fair due`s to the yanks btw

Well said
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:01 pm

kazza » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 pm wrote:kenny should be back, he gave absolutely everything he had as a player and a manager for this club, wether that was scoring goals in title deciders, scoring goals in european cup finals, picking the club up off it`s knee`s after heysel and hillsborough, going to 96 funerals, telling kelvin mckenzie where to go 20 years before hillsborough became the `cause celebre` of footballs chattering classes and even more recently defending luis and the club to the hilt when the wolves in the press and even world leaders were wanting to rip the uruguayan to shreds.
if anyone has earned the right to wander around on a match day in a club tie shaking a few hands it`s that man.

Well said

I know the sentimental amongst us won’t agree with me but this is exactly why it would be the right move at the wrong time. Rodgers needs time to establish himself. It would only be poor result or two before people started chanting for Kenny. Kenny is smart enough to know this and I think he has maintained a low profile and stayed away from Anfield so not to make Rodgers’ job any harder. That really tells you all you need to know about Kenny and his sacrifice for the club.

His son Paul was asked not long after he was sacked whether he would return to the club in the future and he said as long as FSG wanted him he didn’t see why not. But in my eyes it’s too early while Rodgers is still trying to win over the fans.

One for the future in my opinion.
Eagle

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Eagle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm wrote:
kazza » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 pm wrote:

Well said

I know the sentimental amongst us won’t agree with me but this is exactly why it would be the right move at the wrong time. Rodgers needs time to establish himself. It would only be poor result or two before people started chanting for Kenny. Kenny is smart enough to know this and I think he has maintained a low profile and stayed away from Anfield so not to make Rodgers’ job any harder. That really tells you all you need to know about Kenny and his sacrifice for the club.

His son Paul was asked not long after he was sacked whether he would return to the club in the future and he said as long as FSG wanted him he didn’t see why not. But in my eyes it’s too early while Rodgers is still trying to win over the fans.

One for the future in my opinion.

Ill put money on no anti Rodgers chants this season from Liverpool supporters
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 am

Couldn't give a flying toss about politics or money, it would be great to see him back at club in this role
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion