Bitter b@stards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 pm

jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Wed May 11, 2005 10:09 pm

Everyone has their 15 minutes of fame, and those 15 minutes have ended today for Neverton . :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 11, 2005 11:45 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:In 1986 the self described 'Best Team In Europe' from the blue quarter of Merseyside:

*Finished Runners-Up in the League to Liverpool
*Finished Runners-Up in the FA Cup to Liverpool
*Finished Runners-Up in a specially designed one-off competition as a consolation to the clubs who would have participated in Europe having qualified in 1985 called the Screensport Super Cup (by the way losing 0-6 to Liverpool)

They conveniently forget about that though don't they?  They didn't cope with Liverpool in the league in the second half of that season, plus they talk about going on an era of domestic dominance.  They were managed by Kendall and I'm sure John Bailey was on their staff, a pair of self-destructive alcoholics.  It wouldn't have lasted.  It didn't last. 

Lineker wasn't about to turn down Barcelona who were a penalty shoot out from being crowned European Champions.

Kendall replaced all their players with the calibre of Neil Adams, Paul Power, Paul Wilkinson and Ian Wilson.  Exactly.

So if you know your history, it's enough to make your heart go OH OH OH OH......

Any Blues reading, check your history who sang that song first.

Enough Said  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu May 12, 2005 11:53 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Image

..that's tops herr Mod..  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Fri May 13, 2005 12:30 am

From my recollection the Heysel disaster was the final straw for UEFA.  It was the culmination of a decade of violence (starting in the Leeds v. Bayern Munich 1975 european cup final in Paris) by english supporters in both domestic and european games.  If the Heysel disaster had not been preceded by the years of violence by english hooligans it is likely that english clubs would not have been banned for so long.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 13, 2005 12:49 am

andy_g wrote:lando, you have a lovely turn of phrase, mate. i could read your rants all day. cheers.
:D

:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion