Don't let the B@stards grind us down - From mark_p (aka mozam)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:44 am

Our lovely national media, eh?  “Those foreign bastards are taking all our jobs”, we’re in line for the next batch of “Council bans Christmas – Political Correctness gone mad” columns and now they’re after another “under fire boss” to fill their column inches up.  Martin Jol has gone; Mourinho has gone back to sunnier climates whilst past targets Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are now flavours of the months.  This leaves only one man – our very own Rafa Benitez.

This isn’t an article asking for blind faith towards Benitez.  He, like every manager I’ve ever known at any club has come under some justified criticism.  But this isn’t the place for them.  Because for the last three months it’s made my skin crawl every time I’ve picked a paper up or read a website.

We’ve got Stan Collymore (That sane and wonderful footballing minded person).  We’ve got Paul Merson (Threw his career away with drugs, ale and gambling.  Managerial record … erm, shite at Walsall).  And, Brian Woolnough and various other national hacks.  Each one is lining up to write the headline “KOP SAYS: RAFA OUT”.

The last time the media had it in for a manager of ours was Houllier circa 2004.  And that was justified because the majority of fans did want him out.  But they have started throwing in the words “rotation”, “Gerrard on the right”, and “The fans are getting impatient” at every fucking opportunity.  It’s time to show these cu.nts that there is no better judge of when a manager’s time is up than us.

I’ve never seen us win a league in my match going life.  Frustrating?  Fu[]b[/b]cking right.  It hurts to see teams win the league when we’re playing our last game with no real prestige in the game.  But this is the feller who brought me, and so many others, OUR Rome 77.  OUR St Etienne.  I have been to see my team in two European Cup finals; something that had you asked me three years ago I’d have never thought possible in my life.  It’s a phrase that THEY’VE used a lot lately.  “Rafa has bought time with two European Cup finals in three years.”  Bought time?  Fuck me, is that the same way that Ian Rush probably bought time up front for us by scoring loads of goals.

I’m yet to meet a Red who wants Rafa out.  A few will argue with his decisions at times, a few disagree with a few of his buys, which is all part of football.  I disagree with some of his decisions; I disagree with some of his buys.  But let’s face it; this man has brought us a fucking lot of happiness in his time here, especially with the s.*i*e he inherited.  Constructive criticism?  Yes.  Wanting to rip your hair out in the heat of the moment?  Yes.  But it’s imperative our fans don’t follow the lead of other clubs and allow the press’ irrelevant views to cloud our judgement of our manager.

This isn’t intended to try and covert some of our own to start liking Rafa.  That’s not needed.  But what is needed to show the cu.nts in the nationals that we back Rafa and they can carry on with their witch hunt, they can carry on with their expert analysis (Even though the tw@ts have no fucking right to do so as they’ve done f.uck all in management) but it’s ultimately the FANS who decide. 

And from what I can tell, and from what I’m certain, we believe Rafa is the one.  Let’s show it, starting tonight.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:06 am

Bobby Moncur...except for the "I haven't seen us win the league"...I've been fortunate to wallow in 11 victorious league campaigns. :D
Last edited by supersub on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 am

Too right.  I'll be showing my support for the boss tonight.

PS, I saw us romp to the title in 1987/88 when I had my season ticket.  Can't believe it's twenty years ago.
jonnymac1979

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:40 am

Not my post, had the pleasure of watching a few meself, not the 11 of ginger nuts there like, but a few.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:31 pm

Well I'm a red who wants Rafa out and I thik there are quite a few coming over to my way of thinking. I'v ebeen very patient with Rafa and I do thank him for the European success plus the FA Cup which we just managed to win from West Ham  :Oo:

BUT He will not win us the league, I am certain of this, our team might be just 6 points from the top but in terms of playing good effective football we are light years away from Chelsea, Arsenal and Manure.

I will however always support the team and I think we will win tonight, I just bloody hope he doesn't play Torres or Kuyt. Give Crouch a go, he looked lively in the 5 minutes he got against Besiktas away!!

BTW Answer me this please, if Rafa is such a tactical genius which everyone claims why does he keep playing Kuyt who is absolutely sh1t at the moment and would struggle for a place in the reserves in my opinion?
heimdall

Postby Scottbot » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:59 pm

heimdall wrote:Well I'm a red who wants Rafa out and I thik there are quite a few coming over to my way of thinking. I'v ebeen very patient with Rafa and I do thank him for the European success

Would you be wanting him out if we had beaten Milan in Athens last May?

You wouldn't

Would anyone?

i don't believe so
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Scottbot wrote:
heimdall wrote:Well I'm a red who wants Rafa out and I thik there are quite a few coming over to my way of thinking. I'v ebeen very patient with Rafa and I do thank him for the European success

Would you be wanting him out if we had beaten Milan in Athens last May?

You wouldn't

Would anyone?

i don't believe so

actually I would because for me the league is more important. The European success is very very nice but it's the league that I want, and I can't see Rafa with his insane rotation policy which everybody disagrees with not just a few ex-players. Almost every single pundit disagrees with it, and they can't all be idiots.
heimdall

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:08 pm

The only reason I would firmly believe Rafa should go is when I lost faith in him winning us the league and he's not far off that. The owners may or may not cough up enough to match the spending power of mancs and chelski, even if they do are we seeing enough good signings to make us believe we can win. He certainly doesn't look to be a Wenger and capable of magic, some talk of Josie coming to Anfield but Wenger is the one who's won the title without a huge budget not Josie
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 pm

heimdall wrote:Almost every single pundit disagrees with it, and they can't all be idiots.

Almost every single pundit you talk of has won diddley squat as a manager.Not one successful manager has come out and criticised Benitez which speaks more than the "pay me a £ and I'll say what you want,boss"
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:13 pm

Owzat wrote:The only reason I would firmly believe Rafa should go is when I lost faith in him winning us the league and he's not far off that. The owners may or may not cough up enough to match the spending power of mancs and chelski, even if they do are we seeing enough good signings to make us believe we can win. He certainly doesn't look to be a Wenger and capable of magic, some talk of Josie coming to Anfield but Wenger is the one who's won the title without a huge budget not Josie

Personally I like to see some passion from a manager as well and also someone who can admit when his team has played shi1. Rafa never does this and I don't like that. I'm not talking about singeling certain players out but if the team plays rubbish then admit it and make it clear that they'll all be getting  a boot up the :censored:. At the moment what is the incentive for players like Kuyt to play better when he is automatic number 1 on the team sheet every game anyway. It is so so wrong I can't believe only a few of us can see this!!
Rafa has to go, it is not working at the moment and it is more than just because of injuries.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:15 pm

supersub wrote:
heimdall wrote:Almost every single pundit disagrees with it, and they can't all be idiots.

Almost every single pundit you talk of has won diddley squat as a manager.Not one successful manager has come out and criticised Benitez which speaks more than the "pay me a £ and I'll say what you want,boss"

George Graham admitted being puzzled by Rafa's rotation policy, if I recollect he won the league didn't he??
So are you saying that all pundits are idiots and that we all know much more about football than they do?? I certainly don't pretend to.
heimdall

Postby Rockthekop » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:17 pm

It's ridiculous for some fans to suggest we should get rid of Rafa.  Ok so he doesnt exactly endear himself to the fans at times with his stubborness and perplexing decisions but it's way too early to be calling for his head.  He's not a perfect manager (who is) but he's done enough in his relatively short time to suggest he can bring us the title.  Whether he will is another thing.  What's important though is that the team keeps improving and moving forward.  We aren't good enough to win the title yet IMO, we need to improve the squad with a few quality players, be more consistent and play to win (as opposed to play not to lose).  If it doesn't happen then he should go, after a fair crack of the whip.
Rockthekop

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 pm

heimdall wrote:
supersub wrote:

George Graham admitted being puzzled by Rafa's rotation policy, if I recollect he won the league didn't he??
So are you saying that all pundits are idiots and that we all know much more about football than they do?? I certainly don't pretend to.

George Graham fits the "Give me a brown bag of money and I'll say what you want" :laugh:
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:21 pm

I wouldn't expect fergie, Josie or Avram, or Arsene to criticise Rafa as they're probably happy with things the way they are. Get rid of Rafa and they may fear facing a manager who could trouble their status quo
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:21 pm

heimdall wrote:
supersub wrote:

Being puzzled by something that you dont understand and thinking something is a load of shi.te are two different things. LEt me give you an example:

I am puzzled as to how the wiring in a heating boiler works.

I think you talk a load of sh.ite.

You get me ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion