Have any of u b'stards changed your mind - About dudek /

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Thu May 26, 2005 3:12 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Apart from his save's and his Grobbelar impression ,the way he pysched out the Milan penalty takers ,eyeballing them andwalking up to them each time and handlng them the ball ,for once he knew exactly what he was doing .

right on the money there woof. i was smiling to myself so much when he was doing that - he gave me total belief that he was going to win it for us. can't believe how anyone in that position could exude such calm and confidence.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 26, 2005 4:37 pm

Apparently Gerrard told Dudek to do it before he went to his line for the first penalty, he's supposed to have said something like, remember Bruce Grobelaar, see what you can do.

Anyway, I've always thought of Jerzy as a top keeper, but from he made his very first blunder he has steadily went down hill, still producing flashes of brilliance along the way it has to be said. He has started being slightly more solid and consistant in recent weeks, but I'm afraid he's not a patch on his former debut LFC season self. We have to give him HUGE credit for last night, even though he made some silly mistakes, his double save from Shevchenko was formed from a mistake, I thought he should have dealt with the initial header a lot better, but as I said, credit were its due.

Regardless of what happens, he will be as high as he can go in confidence after last night. Whether or not it will come in useful for us or a different club next season is a different matter.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dakeyras » Thu May 26, 2005 4:46 pm

In fact it was Carragher who told Dudek to behave like Bruce Grobelaar :). That's what Jerzy said during an interview.
Dudek is the hero :-)
dakeyras

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 26, 2005 5:06 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I thought he should have dealt with the initial header a lot better,

Are you serious ? A bullet header from point blank range fired by europes top striker . Dudek stopped it for christs sake ! But you think he should have dealt with it a lot better ,bloody hell mate ,yer don't ask for much .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Thu May 26, 2005 5:11 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:I thought he should have dealt with the initial header a lot better,

Are you serious ? A bullet header from point blank range fired by europes top striker . Dudek stopped it for christs sake ! But you think he should have dealt with it a lot better ,bloody hell mate ,yer don't ask for much .

no, i agree that he could have done better. a quality keeper would have punched it straight into the oppositions goal. any fool could have made a reaction save from a point blank header.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 26, 2005 5:11 pm

Sorry, Jamie told him to do it, you're right.

:D :D :D :D 

I don't want to get on his case woof woof, but he could have palmed it in another direction, but as I said, still two world class saves. But in all fairness, I didn't remember it was a bullet header lol, so, fair enough, I take my words back. ( I don't remember much from last night tbh, and I f*cking forgot to record :( )
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 26, 2005 5:15 pm

andy_g wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

no, i agree that he could have done better. a quality keeper would have punched it straight into the oppositions goal. any fool could have made a reaction save from a point blank header.

Yep, Damn Dudek shoud've scored at least 3 goals, than he'd be a world class kepper :p
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 26, 2005 5:20 pm

andy_g wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. 

Leave me alone, I took it back.  :down:

:blush:
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 26, 2005 5:20 pm

:D :D :D
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 26, 2005 5:24 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

and the funniest

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 26, 2005 5:31 pm

Sarcasm is my middle name :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Thu May 26, 2005 5:49 pm

Well, if our glorious team had not scored three goals in the second half, we would be blaming Dudek for his bad mistake in the first goal. Of course, fortunately our boys came back and Dudek was outstanding two minutes from the end and in the penalties shoot out. But, let us be serious: Dudek was a hero last night, but he is not consistent.
Erica

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu May 26, 2005 5:50 pm

Erica wrote:Well, if our glorious team had not scored three goals in the second half, we would be blaming Dudek for his bad mistake in the first goal. Of course, fortunately our boys came back and Dudek was outstanding two minutes from the end and in the penalties shoot out. But, let us be serious: Dudek was a hero last night, but he is not consistent.

Maybe with confidence gained yesterday he'll regain what he'd lost with Houllier.  :eyebrow
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 26, 2005 5:51 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:Sarcasm is my middle name :)

Could have sworn you told me yuor middle names were "Self Abuse"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Erica » Thu May 26, 2005 5:53 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
Erica wrote:Well, if our glorious team had not scored three goals in the second half, we would be blaming Dudek for his bad mistake in the first goal. Of course, fortunately our boys came back and Dudek was outstanding two minutes from the end and in the penalties shoot out. But, let us be serious: Dudek was a hero last night, but he is not consistent.

Maybe with confidence gained yesterday he'll regain what he'd lost with Houllier.  :eyebrow

I hope you are right. He will always be a hero, from yesterday on, and I wish he succeeded in the future in our team.
Erica

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion