Michael owen - Wishes he had signed for lfc!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:20 pm

he's starting or get more an more games for Real banan, and Real fans are beginnning to realise that Raul is no longer good enough.

He has the best goals to minutes played ratio in the whole of La Liga, no mean feat.

You are letting your personal feelings towards Owen get in the way of your judgment of him as a class footballer.

If he wanted to leave Real, their would be plenty of big clubs knocking at the door, not the lieks of City and Bolton.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:30 pm

My tip is that Owen will be at Highbury next season.....with Reyes going to Real
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:32 pm

very feasible indeed. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:40 pm

It does sound feasible.
Owen is world class but I bet he didnt realise how political a club Real Madrid is.  Personally I think the club is coming to the end of an era and a new manager will bring in a different approach and tighten up the squad without signing the huge names weve seen them sign over the last few years.

I reckon Owen will give it at least another season to see if his face finally fits and if it doesnt Id welcome him back with open arms  :)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:41 pm

Michael Owen is the best goalscorer at LFC in the last five years. FACT.

Michael Owen is the best England goalscorer in the last five years. FACT.

Michael Owen is the best goalscorer in la liga in terms of time spent on the pitch. FACT.

Michael Owen would be welcomed back at LFC wit hopen arms. FACT.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:42 pm

Can't argue with the FACTS. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:50 pm

I'd love to se him come home to us.....but just can't see it happening for a few reasons:

1. Considering we sold him for peanuts it'll cost us big time to bring him back.
2. Owens pride may prevent him from returning.
3. Morientes, Baros & Cisse (plus Mellor, Pongolle) are already here.
4. Benitez may not want him.

However, as I said i'd love if he did return.....that would give us 4 top class players (Alonzo, Gerrard, Morientes & Owen).  Add a top class centre half to that and we'd have the spine of a very good team.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:54 pm

I'd swap Baros for Owen any day of the week.
Can you imagine Owen and Morientes playing together....ummmmm

Baros is an athlete, that is not being disputed.  He can run defenses ragged.  But his is not as complete a player as Owen.  I cannot, or will not, look up and see his team mates around him.  He doesn't provide other players with the chances that Owen did.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:39 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Michael Owen is the best goalscorer at LFC in the last five years. FACT.

Michael Owen is the best England goalscorer in the last five years. FACT.

Michael Owen is the best goalscorer in la liga in terms of time spent on the pitch. FACT.

Michael Owen would be welcomed back at LFC wit hopen arms. FACT.

1)  Heskey was the other main striker during this time for ****** sake.  Baros hardly got a game, and its convenient that the last 5 years only just exclude Fowler in his prime. 

2)  Again, he played mostly with Heskey, and Shearer was retired most of this time otherwise he would have been top scorer.  Bottom line is England were weak in this area over the last 5 years.  No great achievement for a 'world class' player

3)  Fair enough, but that proves little.  He needs to prove his scoring record playing regularly for a whole season in la liga

4)  Speak for yourself, I don't want a turncoat
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion