Michael owen - Wishes he had signed for lfc!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:27 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:A good team is defined by results, not reputation

And an international match vs Greece would be more difficult than vs i.e. Spain ???[/quote]
That last comment was a bit random and doesn't really make sense

taxi for you boss
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:34 pm

john craig wrote:
addicted norwegian wrote:A good team is defined by results, not reputation

And an international match vs Greece would be more difficult than vs i.e. Spain ???

That last comment was a bit random and doesn't really make sense

taxi for you boss[/quote]
I agree, I probably should have edited that one, but my point is that I`m happy that the possibility of drawing Real Madrid in the next round is eliminated. Even if things haven`t exactly been running smoothly for them lately, facing them in a quarter final at Bernabeu would make me loose my sleep...
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:44 pm

I think if Real have all the present player but reverse the time to 5 years ago, then I would agree they have a tremendous team but now, most of them are over the hill and their name is all there is left. Best team??? Maybe they are talking about adverstising.....  :p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:47 pm

Iceman69 wrote:...As Real go crashing out of the Champions league to Juventus!

Shame Michael, you could of had champions league footy and glory, plus a starting place at the mighty reds!

sO MUCH FOR HIM SIGNING FOR THEM THINKING HE WAS GONNA PICK UP MEDALS THIS SEASON and stroll into the team

Go and Cry with Ronaldo and Zidane, you traitor

Watch us go all the way!

Arsenal out, MAn Utd out, Real out....

BOOO HOOO!

What a pathetic thread this is  :angry: This thread epitimises the current trend on this board by some members :angry:

Whilst genuine Liverpool fans are today celebrating the fact that we have made it through to the quarter finals of THE premier club competition in Europe, you are starting a thread to gloat at one of the finest strikers this club has ever had...................PATHETIC!!!  :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Nando » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:36 pm

ahh maann i was going to start this thread, well owen went to madrid in pursuit of honours whereas had he stayed with us he would have had chance for league cup medal and also still remain in the reckoning for a champions league medal, life is grand  :laugh:
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:03 pm

maximus wrote:BOOO HOOO!

What a pathetic thread this is  :angry: This thread epitimises the current trend on this board by some members :angry:

Whilst genuine Liverpool fans are today celebrating the fact that we have made it through to the quarter finals of THE premier club competition in Europe, you are starting a thread to gloat at one of the finest strikers this club has ever had...................PATHETIC!!!  :angry:[/quote]
I reckon its a good thread actually.

I'll enjoy gloating at Owen.  He is an overrated turncoat who couldn't wait to leave us in the end despite spending the last few seasons here constantly getting injured and contributing little.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ian cooper » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Have to disagree that Owen is overrated, what he proved at Liverpool and now at Madrid just epitomizes the fact that he's worldclass. While it's nice that Liverpool have reached further stages than Madrid this year I should imagine Owen will be happy about it and has probably already phoned the lads to congratulate them.
ian cooper

Postby KennyisGod....still » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:32 pm

maximus wrote:
Iceman69 wrote:...As Real go crashing out of the Champions league to Juventus!

Shame Michael, you could of had champions league footy and glory, plus a starting place at the mighty reds!

sO MUCH FOR HIM SIGNING FOR THEM THINKING HE WAS GONNA PICK UP MEDALS THIS SEASON and stroll into the team

Go and Cry with Ronaldo and Zidane, you traitor

Watch us go all the way!

Arsenal out, MAn Utd out, Real out....

BOOO HOOO!

Whilst genuine Liverpool fans are today celebrating the fact that we have made it through to the quarter finals of THE premier club competition in Europe, you are starting a thread to gloat at one of the finest strikers this club has ever had...................PATHETIC!!!  :angry:

Maybe you've forgotten how - admittedly one of the finest strikers to grace the English game - theoretically held us to ransom, demandin we win things whilst he spent a hell of a lot of time on the docs couch. Then to cap it all, held out so long we had to take a drastically reduced fee just to get anythin for him. Owen was superb, goal scorer supreme, but a little injury prone. Now he's playin 17 minutes a game he don't get so many injuries but can still show what a good striker he is.... you think he'd have been happy doin that for us? You think that for one minute he'd have chanced his England place for a seat on our bench? I think not. I admit, when he left I wouldnt even watch Sky Sports News when he came on, cancelled my Sky Sports cuz I got sick of seein Real on the box, but now I'm over that and couldn't care less about his mistake in goin to Spain. But I did take some satisfaction seein the second Juve goal go in, seein him regarded as only good enuf for the half hour extra time and hearin him say how he dreamed of playin us in the next round. He'll be remembered as a striker supreme without a doubt, but unfortunately he'll be remembered as a guy that almost forced his way out, and ultimately to become a bit part player for footballs Harlem Globetrotters.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RifleRusher » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:36 pm

Arsenal out, Manure out, Real out... what could be better??? hopefully we face PSV and no italian teams...
RifleRusher

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:52 pm

hopefully ac milan or juve will draw chelsea and show them just how far they are from being a great team...

ie kick their sorry asses!!!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Vitenskapsmann18 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:07 pm

I actually like RM and I am still a fan of Mikey becasue I'm not as fickle as most fans. He played well for us, he loved this club and still does. Everyone says he is a traitor, but honestly, when you look up traitor in teh dictionary, you don't see his photograph - you see Luis Figo.
Matthew Lloyd = klassnaya popka
atebis' all lions fans!
Earth is the home of Football, Rugby is the home of League and Union, St Andrew's is the home of Golf, Lords is the home of Cricket, Melbourne is the home of Footy and my heart is the home for Essendon.
Vitenskapsmann18

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:07 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:hopefully ac milan or juve will draw chelsea and show them just how far they are from being a great team...

ie kick their sorry asses!!!

....and Mourinho heavily fined and banned for disgrasefull behaviour.

I can`t help thinking that if I saw him outside my children`s school, in that long coat and that typical grin on is face, I would call the police in order to get that flasher removed...
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Well Chelsea have a history of employing dodgy people (Graeme Rix).
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:32 pm

john craig wrote:
maximus wrote:BOOO HOOO!

I reckon its a good thread actually.

I'll enjoy gloating at Owen.  He is an overrated turncoat who couldn't wait to leave us in the end despite spending the last few seasons here constantly getting injured and contributing little.[/quote]
Spot on JC
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:39 pm

Well Chelsea have a history of employing dodgy people (Graeme Rix).
:laugh:

As for Owen, i agree with the comment that he has probably phoned some of the lads to congratulate them....but desipite the sourness, i tihnk most Liverpool fans would have him back.  I know i would for 10 million
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion