Michael owen - Wishes he had signed for lfc!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:42 pm

Overated?

So overated he consistently scores around the 25 mark a season right?

And so overated he has the best goals to minutes ratio in spain?

Get a clue or ****** off.

One of the best PLAYERS this club has ever seen.

As for contributing little? Please, the lad carried the team since he came through with his goals.

****** legend, i'd have him back at the drop of a hat, compare Baros to Owen. Some people need to get a friggin grip honest to god!!
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:49 pm

stu_the_red wrote:One of the best PLAYERS this club has ever seen.

what a load of ******..............get a grip

your knowledge of our club ranks with the kiddies who have Owen stamped on the back of their shirts.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Haha says you.

Name your list of players that were better then.

And don't use winning things as an excuse, compare Gary Neville's trophy cabinet to Alan Shearer's.

Owen was easily as good a striker as Rush was alround. Owen is also doing it abroad.
115-1073096938

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:26 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Overated?

So overated he consistently scores around the 25 mark a season right?

And so overated he has the best goals to minutes ratio in spain?

Get a clue or ****** off.

One of the best PLAYERS this club has ever seen.

As for contributing little? Please, the lad carried the team since he came through with his goals.

****** legend, i'd have him back at the drop of a hat, compare Baros to Owen. Some people need to get a friggin grip honest to god!!

No, I think you need to get a grip mate.

Liverpool legend my ******, what age are you?

I am totally justified in saying Owen is overrated.  He only gets a game for England because there is a lack of goalscoring talent in England just now and those with real promise like Defoe are still a bit inexperienced.

Compare him with Baros?  Go and look at their goalscoring records at international level and eat humble pie.  Did you watch euro 2004?

I don't deny that we relied on Owen's goals in his first few seasons, but he simply lost a yard of pace due to hamstring problems and his edge was gone.

Not as good a finisher as fowler or rush in recent years and without his blistering pace he is not a world class player.

I wouldn't want him back
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:41 pm

i`m sure the most league goals michael scored for us in any season was 17 or something. i`m not 100% sure but i think i read it somewhere.
i`d be surprised if he averaged 25 a season.
owens a good player but i`d rather have rush, i know he played in a better team but he still scored a massive amount of goals - a lot more than michael.
he was the last player to score a hat trick in a derby since dixie dean, and record scorer in the fa cup, fa cup finals and league cup.
what michael did in the 2001 fa cup final rushie did in the 1989 final, which was a massive game for many reasons.
not many went abroad in those days and did well, and ian wasnt the type of bloke that would learn the language and `go native`, he still scored 9 for juventus which isnt bad for a player who hated being abroad.
to be fair michael wouldnt have lasted five minutes in those days against italian defenders like gentile because he`s too lightweight, when rushie played it was open season on forwards.
keegan was a better player than owen, maybe not as good a goalscorer but he had more influence on a game.
kenny was better than anyone.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:29 am

Owen was,and still is,a one trick pony.Any centre forward,worth his salt, should get a fair share of goals..it doesn't make them world class,it just means they are doing their job!

To even begin to put him alongside Rush,is comical in the extreme,but coming from the finger-tips of Stu,such farcical comments seem common-place.

Statistics,which I posted here 2 years ago,tended to show Owen had the knack of scoring goals in groups of games with gluts of non-scoring activity.He had the ability to punish the lesser teams of the Premiership with doubles and hatricks but only occassionally net against the bigger fish.Of course there are always events were Mighty Michael grabbed the headlines(2001 F.A.Cup Final) but such peaks were very few and far between in the last 5-6 years.

At one time,Owen was the darling of the English media because he was the only English forward left,after Shearers retirement,but with the emergence of Rooney and hopefully the end of Svengali we will see less and less media frenzy about how great the little man is...can't dribble,can't shoot (from more than 9 yards)..penalty spot just a little to far for the weak shot....oh! to continue can't pass,lazy like his bezzy partner Heskey,can't control a ball,can't kick with his left foot.....fu.ck it.....look he is not a patch on Ian Rush,period! 

P.S. *******,*******,******** so there!  and that **** for good measure.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:34 am

supersub wrote:to continue can't pass,lazy like his bezzy partner Heskey,can't control a ball,can't kick with his left foot.....fu.ck it.....look he is not a patch on Ian Rush,period! 

his first touch is preety good, and his left oeg ain't  as bad as some make out, FA Cup final anyone?

and he can dribble exceptionally well IMO.

Owen is a class act.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:10 am

LFC #1 wrote:I hope we aviod Juve cos it will be ugly waht with the ill-feeling between the clubs from Heysel.

A lots been done over the years to heal the pain and recriminations post Heysel and you would like to think that should we draw Juve then both matches will be played and supported with a sense of dignity and respect that the families of those lost deserve.....

I am confidant that Anfield will choose a fitting way to remember the lost from that fateful day and as usual be a credit to the club we follow ..........

YNWA Juve .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:13 am

Back to the thread .......Owen is simply WORLD CLASS in my opinion and would be more than welcome if and when he chooses to return to England.

Memories can be short when we contemplate former Liverpool players but i'm particulalry surprised that some fans seem to have forgotten so quickly just how good Michael Owen was for LFC ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:25 am

I think a lot of what is said is with a feeling of spite and sour grapes over the whole going to Real Madrid situation.

I
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:29 am

most fans WOULD have him back...but on the same note, it is somewhat satisfying to see him not getting what he left for.

-winning the Champions League

-being a first team regular

personally i wanted Real to stay in and to beat them in the semi's  :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:31 am

I don't understand the menatily that soem fans have wishing ill will on former players who served LFC well and cost us nothing ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rinoayuna » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:52 am

he could have stayed here but he wanted a new challenge and he did not always want to be on the starting line up he wanted to earn it.in my opinion he should be in the starting line up seeing the no of goals hes got but luxemburgo prefers to stick to raul? and ronaldo? all not fit and out of form instead of  owen suppose it would not happen if rm is an english club
rinoayuna

Postby rinoayuna » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:52 am

yea good post daglish
rinoayuna

Postby banana » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:16 pm

This discussion is dead.

Owen has had his chance with 3 different managers so far.
THREE
THREE

And NONE of them thought Owen was good enough for the first team.NONE. That is the situation.

He is the next McManaman. He will sit a few year on the bench, and then shamefully come home with his tail between his legs. He will end up in Man City or Bolton.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion