Michael owen - Do we want him ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:25 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:If you went to the home games, as you say, you would have noticed that Murphy was a nugget....to lslow, easily disposessed, no vision and lazy.

And you are better than him.

Idiot.

Mods get this idiot banned bafore he crosses the line this time.

Time will tell.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:42 am

stu_the_red wrote:Idiots like you aren't real fans, any tool who can sit there and insult one of this clubs greatest ever players needs there head smashing in with a broken bottle then there :censored: nutz cut with a warm stanley knife blade.

you need help :veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:25 am

I read some of the posts from you guy's after he made some comments ....   don't worry ciggy I'm not Thomas  88   ....   read some of my previous posts to see I'm just a devout LFC fan who has no time for people who make such spiteful comments     this is supposed to be a site for opinions and the odd rational argument not for threats of violence   I would like to spend five minutes alone with Stu to discuss his temper tantrums    maybe he did not get cuddled enough as a baby or wore nappies till he was 10    :p     anyone else got any thoughts on why he is so  :veryangry    then we get back to discussing our wonderful club    :buttrock
RedWolf35

Postby banana » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:03 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I support the team, when when idiotic muppets who really have no idea about the game disrespect legends like Owen and Hyypia and Carragher, then preach it really pisses me off.

Idiots like you aren't real fans, any tool who can sit there and insult one of this clubs greatest ever players needs there head smashing in with a broken bottle then there :censored: nutz cut with a warm stanley knife blade.

The fact you sit there and call Owen "mediocre", Murphy and Carragher "horrible players", Hyypia "one of the poorest centre halfs in the league" and then big up the likes of Baros and Traore is simply beyond a joke.

You've also decided to jump on the Carragher bandwagon this season telling us all how fantastic he is, when some of us (who know the game and go to live matches) have been saying this for a while that he's a quality player. Now people are starting to overate him like yourself making him out to be something he's not. The lads always been quality, always will be.

Idiots like you sit there and claim to know it all, yet your opinions of certain players change from one day to the next and the class established players you tend to not rate, because you "think you can see something we all can't" when infact thats actually your distinct lack of knowledge on the subject shining through.

You come out with silly statements, don't back them up, then when someone challenges something you say, you dissapear for a few days.

Enough said on the matter.

What you say is not true.

About Carragher, yes I did not think he was a great fullback. That's all. He had his limitations in this positions and he is now where he belongs in the centre of defence. This is his natural position, and he has been in excellent form for us ever since he switched position. I can't see nothing wrong in giving him praise when he deserves it, but if he starts slipping and perform bad I will also notice and voice my opinion.

About Hyypia, yes I do not think he is a first class centre half. If you compare him to what other top teams have in that position you will notice a remarkable difference in quality. Arsenal have Campbell and Toure, Chelsea Terry, Gallas and Carvahlo, Manchester U have Rio F and Silvestre. All these players are fast, strong and have good skills on the ball. Hyypia was tailor made for defensive Houllier football. If you play a deep defensive line and provide plenty of cover in front of the centre half, Hyypia will shine. He is excellent at clearing crosses and defending against long balls. But this is not the way Rafa likes to play, he likes to go forward and then our defenders must also push forward. This makes Hyypia a liability.

About Owen, I do not think he is more than an average striker nowadays. He had a few good years but injuries took away his killer pace, and now he has also lost a bit of confidence so he is in my opinion not more than an decent striker. His biggest limitations are his link up play and his technical skills. For a striker these parts of his game are well below average. Add a bit of greed and selfishness to the equation, and you will understand why I do not want such a player at our club.

About Murphy, yes I think he was a poor player. I will go as far as saying that he was maybe the worst player I have ever seen playing for LFC on a regular basis. Cheyrou and Diao were worse, but they never really made it into the first 11. Murphy had very little skill, and he was slow and weak. We lost all the duels, and all the second balls when he played. And he made a lot of passing errors and was extremely easy to dispossess. I instantly knew Beniotez was my man when he sent Murphy away. Murphy was if you remember the first player Benitez sold. Only 3-4 days after coming here he knew Murphy never could make it. Reports suggested that Benitez was shocked when he discovered the general lack of quality and fitness in the squad. Selling Murphy made it possible for Benitez to sign Alonso. And oh dear what a difference Alonso has made. He came back from a broken foot and steered us past Juventus completely controlling midfield(with gerrard out). That was for me one of the most amazing things I have ever seen a footballer do. A half fit midfielder controlling the likes of Nedved and Zambrotta!

About Traore, I have never bigged him up if that is what you say. I do however believe that Traore is a valuable squad player. He can cover different positions, he is still young and eager to learn and he is not on particularly high wages. His committment is first class and he never complains. That should count for something? Yes I do notice he has some problems with his positioning and his passing game, but isn't there a chance that he in lets say 4 years will have that sorted out? Then he will look a good defender and well capable of playing in the first 11.

About Baros, I know you hate Baros. I kind of like him because he works so hard for the team. His many runs opens up space for midfielders like Garcia and Gerrard and allows them to score more goals. Yes he should have scored a few more goals, but he did not. His services and heroics in the quarter finals and semi final of the champions league should not be forgotten. He was behind the move that knocked Chelsea out of the competition. But most importantly he sacrificed himself for the team. He ran all the time chasing the ball making it harder for the defenders to go forward and take part in the attacking. that was pivotal in our european campaign last year. If he had been standing still saving strenght, maybe he would have been more effective in counter attacks and more productive with the ball. And maybe then he would have been getting more credit? But you have to try and look at the WHOLE package

One more thing, I read your disgraceful comments and I was shocked. I hope you have learned your lesson now dog, and never write things like that ever again.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby antz » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:19 pm

Banna why do you always debate with Stu and its easy to see the man is a BNP spokesman. Just because he shows some good FOOTBALL SENSE sometimes it doesnt hide what he really is. If he is old enough Im quite sure he was one of the idiots who blasted the signing of John Barnes.
With regards to Owen bottom line is he aint coming back. He may be back in the EPL next season i think playing for the Manchester Buccaneers/Chelski stating that he wanted to come back to Liverpool but blah blah ... so i couldnt turn down the chance to play for the scum or chelski.
antz

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:34 pm

antz wrote:If he is old enough Im quite sure he was one of the idiots who blasted the signing of John Barnes.

He was still sucking on his mother's teat when we bought John Barnes, a true Liverpool legend.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby goofy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:38 pm

naah,

i'd of loved to see him play with cisse last season, but we've moved on without him,

great player, but difficult to play alongside,

where as now we have some great options!
goofy

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:38 pm

rumours are that saha is going back to fulham and that manure are going to sign owen
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:06 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:If you went to the home games, as you say, you would have noticed that Murphy was a nugget....to lslow, easily disposessed, no vision and lazy.

And you are better than him.

Idiot.

Mods get this idiot banned bafore he crosses the line this time.

I thought the Idiot had been banned , does it mean that all you have to do when banned is change your name an you get to walk back in and brag about it ? .

Mods   ???   ???   ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:28 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Banana :censored: off you stupid asian :censored:. :)

And yes 5th is completely unacceptable. Under Evans the team was a joke, hence the reason in Houllier's first season we finished 6th. Rafa had more than enough to finish 4th and didn't produce.

I believe he's the right man for the job, i said that from the start, but this gloryfying of the man down to winning one trophy is annoying. Yes he's superb tactically, but it will be extremely interesting to see how quickly he can adapt (which is my only concern as i have no doubt he will).

you say the team under evans was a joke but if the champions league qualification would have included 3rd and 4th spots he`d probably still be liverpool manager.
apart from when he took over from souness and finished 9th or something his other finishes were 4th, 3rd, 4th and 3rd but in those days only the top 2 qualified.
roys team faced the best manchester united team since the best, law and charlton days and possibly the best newcastle team of all time not to mention the arsenal of petit, annelka and overmars but despite all this we were considered to be the best passing team in the league. we were often right in the hunt for the title and the phrase liverpool managed to finish fourth in a two horse race was often used by the press.
what let roy down was him being too friendly with the players and him not finding a top class centre half but as an attacking force we were top scorers in the league a few times.
the board only brought houllier in because we were missing out on cl football and if the spots available now were available then who knows what would have happened. maybe roy would have came across a great side because we were only a couple of centre halfs away from one - one thing about roy he knew how to get a passing side together who could score goals.
by the way roy left in the november and houllier took a side that hadnt finished outside the top four in four years to 7th.
so i dont think rafa did that bad considering the mess he was left. the great bob paisley once finished fifth and won the european cup in 81 i think, would that be unnacceptable to you as well?

Well said
I sick of stick old Roy Evans cops, he only crime besides being too nice of a guy in a spice boy culture was that he judged when benchmarks were still Shankly/Paisley/Fagin/Dalglish years of glory.
Fortunatley for both Houllier and now Rafa is that fans expectations have been lowered and their  benchmarks are/were Souness/Evans era
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:31 pm

I don't believe in banning anyone just because that person winds you up.I only advocate an outright ban if a member is posting very offensive material.Stu is not banned,as far as I know:I recommended the administration PM him with a warning,but to allow Stu back in after a cooling off period.The same "punishment" was handed out to AB a while ago.I do hope Stu returns to debate all matters relating to Liverpool ,but to do it with a little restraint and understanding that others may have a different view.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:53 pm

Stu has a problem when it comes to discussing things, he can discuss things for a certain time without having a go at somebody. After that time expires he resorts to name calling.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:49 pm

Stu was completely out of order last night and it was a throwback to his behaviour during the 2003/04 season when he first joined the forum, when he was very offensive.

He has gotten more chances than he deserves but we never banned him as he can be very good for debate. In fairness to Stu he settled down a lot last season and aside from the occasional remark, he was well behaved.

However, in the past month or so he seems to be returning to his old ways. I don't understand why he has to take personally somebody disagreeing with his opinion, chiefly those in relation to Owen and Houllier.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby barnesrush » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:58 pm

maybe its the preseason blues
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:47 pm

I would just like to point out to the moderators, not to give in to comments on this forum saying I should be banned.
from namely; Leon MC and Woof Woof. (the silliest name in the history of the site)

The reasons for me being Banned last time were scandelous, with this being a "discussion" forum. Any threats or abusive posting coming from me, was provoked by other forum members, with name calling, abuse etc etc, and somehow they avoided the chop from this website? ???? ????

Stu the Red should have been banned Long before the Hustler ever was!

:p
65-1114725958

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion