Collymore's book - Some good points

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:51 pm

I read some of Collymores book and although he was a ****** I agreed with many of his points:

John Barnes and Jamie Redknapp was a poor midfield (Barnes was past it)

Rush stayed on too long

Roy Evans was week and didn't get respect

Fowler looked up to Mcmanamann who was a bad example

Fowler didn't take care of himself, and lost "it".

The players were more into partying than winning

Guys like Ruddock were looked upto by the kids because he found the way "out of training", e.g. he was supposed to be on the treadmill getting back from injury- he put the machine on, sat down and had a sandwich, Stan was on look out and when the trainer came back he put ice all over himself , hopped on the machine and the trainer said what a great pro he was.

It makes me sick to think of everyone (i.e. supporters) who paid these guys wasges and were ****** on by lazy, undisciplined, moronic, immature, ******.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:10 pm

Didn't know about that.  Might read that book.  Reading Evans' at the moment.

Ruddock the fat lazy ba$tard. :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:21 pm

Well I never....... you've gotta laff now though ain't ya?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:29 pm

Lee J wrote:Well I never....... you've gotta laff now though ain't ya?

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:45 pm

I remember being gutted the day Liverpool were beaten by United in the '96 cup final.  That defeat upset more than any other since I started supported the reds as a 7 year old in 1980.  Now Collymore boasts in his book that he s*h*a*g*g*e*d Roy Evans daughter the night of the final.  I think that summed up the spice boys era and there attitude to the club and the supporters.

I don't blame Roy Evans.  I think he put an excellent team together after the Souness era.  The team was very talented.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the intelligence to handle the big money they started to earn as the sky boom kicked in.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:48 pm

In fairness to Houllier, he inherited somewhat of a poisoned chalice in 1998, after Roy Evans (his co-manager for four months) never quite got the team back on course after the butchery of the Graeme Souness era. Houllier is credited with ridding the Spice Boy culture from the team and re-instilling the requisite discipline.

However the irony of Houllier's eradication of the 'Spice Boys' is that while he rooted out the partygoers like David James, Jason McAteer, Mark Kennedy and Phil Babb, those he bought as replacements proved little better as footballers.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:50 pm

The players didn't earn more than Manu players who didn't let it get in their way.

Collymore said that Fowler had evans in a head lock and was rubbing his hair and then collymore asked if you can imagine Neville doing that to Ferguson.

Evans fault - responsibility stops there. The one good thing I'll say about GH is that he installed discipline. Collymore said that players would have their mobile phones ringing at the training ground.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:58 pm

i heard mcmanaman used to run the show, he used to say when he was playing and were he would play

i dont know if i can fully trust collymore, however i do think that roy evans was weak

does he mention his dogging in the book, you only bought it for that, you dirty ba3tard, thought it would make dirty reading.
109-1105722616

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:12 pm

thats one of the problems of promoting from within.
evans was probably very pally with a lot of the players when he was a coach and was probably a shoulder to cry on under souness but when he gets the big job the players still seen him as good old roy. the players were probably made up with the relaxed regime after souness`s fire and brimstone approach, but they took advantage of evans who expected professionalism in return for his leniancy.
they showed a total lack of respect to a man who started his coaching career under shankly.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:14 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:thats one of the problems of promoting from within.
evans was probably very pally with a lot of the players when he was a coach and was probably a shoulder to cry on under souness but when he gets the big job the players still seen him as good old roy. the players were probably made up with the relaxed regime after souness`s fire and brimstone approach, but they took advantage of evans who expected professionalism in return for his leniancy.
they showed a total lack of respect to a man who started his coaching career under shankly.

evans's problem was that he was a nice guy and as they say nice guys always finish last
109-1105722616

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:16 pm

marklfc wrote:does he mention his dogging in the book, you only bought it for that, you dirty ba3tard, thought it would make dirty reading.

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:18 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
marklfc wrote:does he mention his dogging in the book, you only bought it for that, you dirty ba3tard, thought it would make dirty reading.

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:

do you like a bit of that, pm me if you do

:)  :)  :)

im only messing, i dont want to get banned, but seriously if you do, just pm me gorgeous
109-1105722616

Postby Gareth G » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Oh here...
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:25 pm

what are you on about
109-1105722616

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion