Stan collymore

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:05 pm

I heard recently that Stan is looking for a way back into football and apparently Wolves are interested!!!!!

I think Collymore is the biggest disappointment in English football after Gazza.

Had he been professional and got his head together at Liverpool he could have won us the league. He was big, powerful, with fantastic pace, a great shot and best of all, was very skillful. He could have been Liverpool's Henry, maybe even better than the Frenchman.

Collymore must look back on his career with regret. He could have won 70 caps for England, scored over thirty goals for his country, won Championships and scored goals for fun.

He had the ability to be the best in the country, but he blew it big time.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:08 pm

Absolutely, he was a great talent, and him and fowler were a deadly combination, who can forget the 4-3 vs newcastle,

but thats what happens to u if u are unprofessional, u end up commentating on games at the age of 31, instead of staring in them

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:04 pm

Collymore wasted his talent,which was a pity for us because he could have been the complete player.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:45 pm

Hear, hear Greenred........whilst we had our fair share of frustrations I seem to remember almost always feeling a twinge of excitement when watching that particular team under Roy Evans. Stan and King Robbie in their pomp.....
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:14 pm

attacking wise Liverpool had a top side under Evans,defending however was a major problem.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:45 am

supersub wrote:attacking wise Liverpool had a top side under Evans,defending however was a major problem.

The major problems with Roy Evans side were:

1). The wing back system eventually didn't work. Phil Babb didn't like playing at the left side of a back three. Rob Jones was a great player, but he struggled when he was forced to play at left back. Also, we had no-one who could handle high balls, thus often putting too much pressure on David James.

2). We never had a midfield enforcer. Paul Ince was past his best when he played for us.

3). We sometimes had trouble breaking teams down when we had possession: Jamie Redknapp passing the ball sideways?

We were a great attacking team. When Collymore went through his purple patch, with Robbie at his peak, and McMannaman running at defences, we were formidable at times, only for the defence to let in a few soft goals.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:36 pm

Even still Accrington Stanley might have him eh?
116-1065305004

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion