Value. - What do we expect for our money?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:52 pm

Come on everyone, Woolyback wants to know, Morientes or Beattie ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:53 pm

i think morientes, what about you? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:02 pm

We've got a finisher.

A world class finisher and a man with a football brain.

He's not a world class player and i don't think he's really a Fowler or Shearer type penalty box striker either but some of the goals i've seen him score are brilliant. He always seems to hit the target, rather like Solskjaer used to. He's brilliant with his head aswell.

Alot of people are expecting a target man where as i can't really say i see him like that. He plays alot of clever 1-2 passes and knows when to put a foot on the ball, his touch is also very good.

He's not the quickest of players, he's not as strong as someone like Shearer, but he's got enough of those attributes combined with an exceptional brain to know he will score goals.

With Josemi and Nunez we seem to have players who will become good squad players over time. Some of the crosses Nunez has been putting in have been screaming for a Fowler or Owen or Shearer type player to get on the end of them, Morientes will add to this area of the team. Luis Garcia is a very erratic player, either superb or frustrating. He has the ability to unlock any team, but he's a central player. Thats where he should be used where his one twos and flicks come off.

Alonso, we've seen his class already and i'm sure Morientes will show you something mick, its a question of weather or not you spot it. :)

Sure you will :;):
115-1073096938

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:07 pm

Morientes has done it on a bigger stage.  I think Beattie is a good player but nowhere near the player Morientes is.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:09 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Morientes has done it on a bigger stage.  I think Beattie is a good player but nowhere near the player Morientes is.

I wasn't being entirely serious btw :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:15 pm

To me, Morientes/Cisse would seem a more cohesive partnership than Baros/Cisse. However when Cisse does return next season in good shape it would gives us a decent couple of options upfront. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion