What to expect next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:56 pm

I'm going to post this now before I forget about it.

I think it's very clear that Sami Hyypia will no longer be first choice. We don't have any cover for our CB's[Traore can play there] and Hyypia just no longer seems first choice material. According to Sami Benitez told him that he will certainly bring in a new CB this summer, and I expect that CB will take Hyypia's place. Hyypia would be then our CB cover.

Milito[one of our CB targets] has just decided that he will stay in Spain so that leaves it down to Andrande[spelling?] from Deportivo.  Also Josemi is a poor cover for Finnan, he's a liability when he's playing so we might be signing a RB, Alves from Sevilla. However that will depend on whether Baptista stays, if Baptista leaves then Sevilla will not sell him.[long story, don't feel like explaining how the two are connected]

Riise isn't going to get the job done as a LB, he's probably going to fight for a place in LM with Zenden. Warnock or Traore will be the options for LB, not the strongest options but I think Warnock is better than Riise as far as defending goes.

That's about it, post whatever the hell you want regarding to this matter.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jeffiroquai » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:11 pm

I agree with all your points.  We are desperate for depth at the centre and right side.  Josemi is rubbish, while I think that Whitbread could develop into a usefull option.

I dont understand why this hasn't been the #1 priority during the offseason?  This was our main weakness, besides injuries, all last season.

While we may be able to manage this weakness against minnows like TNS and Kaunas, we cannot begin the league campaign this way.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:12 pm

While we may be able to manage this weakness against minnows like TNS and Kaunas, we cannot begin the league campaign this way.

I think Benitez is going to get it sorted before the Premiership starts.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:21 pm

If I was rafa Id put a bid in for Sol Cambell, Wengers getting another defender in and hes not first choice there any more as it is, hes an excellent defender, would be a welcome addition, still think we need to buy 2 defenders though.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:27 pm

If I was rafa Id put a bid in for Sol Cambell, Wengers getting another defender in and hes not first choice there any more as it is, hes an excellent defender, would be a welcome addition, still think we need to buy 2 defenders though.

I think that will depend on how much money we spend and how much we get for Baros and Dudek if we sell them.

CB should be the main priority. A good RB would extremely help and a RM[hopefully Figo] would be a plus.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:34 pm

we are short on the right of midfield....but our defense is woeful
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:36 pm

Finnan-Carragher-??-Warnock/Traore

Josemi is not good enough even for cover, and Hyypia is not good enough for first choice.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:39 pm

Josemi  is fooking :censored:..... :angry:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:09 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:If I was rafa Id put a bid in for Sol Cambell, Wengers getting another defender in and hes not first choice there any more as it is, hes an excellent defender, would be a welcome addition, still think we need to buy 2 defenders though.

Campbell and carra would be a nice combination.  :buttrock
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:16 pm

Except that Campbell has had injury problems and is at his peak.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:19 pm

Not to sure about cambell, on one hand he could be excellent and bridge the gap unill we get a younger center half next season, but on the other hand he seems to be gettin prone to injury of late and is likely to miss the start of the premership as he did last season. I realistically dont think rafa would go in for him  altho could be usefull. I would suggest Mat Upson, as he would be tryin his best to get into good form for the World Cup sqaud. But we hav been linked with a swap deal for jorge andrades (spell??) which might not be to bad...killing 2 birds with one stone i suppose... :;):
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:20 pm

I'm not keen about us signing Upson, I think he's good enough for a mid-table team but definetly not a huge improvement on what we already have.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:23 pm

A.B. wrote:I'm not keen about us signing Upson, I think he's good enough for a mid-table team but definetly not a huge improvement on what we already have.

Mayb but i do think he reely could step up a gear and he would prove to give a team a English backbone which many ppl would agree is the foundations of a premership team.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:32 pm

Whitbread looks like he could develope into a young Hyypia, I don't think Zenden is a left back like you stated but I deffo think that Warnock can give Riise a run for his money and we should try to improve Djimi's distribution and bring him into the centre cos the lad can tackle! :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:37 pm

Whitbread looks like he could develope into a young Hyypia, I don't think Zenden is a left back like you stated but I deffo think that Warnock can give Riise a run for his money and we should try to improve Djimi's distribution and bring him into the centre cos the lad can tackle!

You mean Riise is not a LB?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion