What to expect next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:53 am

The problem is fellas, is that we are running out of time. The window is closing, and Milito has pledged to stay with Real. We need to press on, and quick. We have already spent lots on players but no defenders bar Barragan. Traore, although flimsy, CAN play at LB. He just needs to be consistant at it, and not get beat. CB is our main priority at the mo, and we don't have much time to sign one up. Figo and the rumors about Baros is all well and good, but 4 strikers of great quality is fantastic for us. We need the same competitiveness for positions at the back. And we need it sorted soon, we are running out of time.

Window is closing? We have about 34 days left until the window closes. That's a month.

Gallas is unrealistic imo, I don't see why Chelsea would let a player go to their rivals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:04 am

Gallas is proven EPL class, he should be the first choice centreback alongside Jonh Terry at Chelski but Mourinho prefers Carvalho. Gallas has a lot of pace as well, which would cure the main achilles heel of our present centreback, but I don't see Chelsea selling him to us or letting him go to any EPL teams.

Campbell is also very reliable but he would cost a lot and is on very high wages.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:10 am

What happened to Gallas?  The same thing that happened to Campbell and Ferdinand... NOTHING, we were only ever linked to them by people with nothing better to do than make up transfer rumours.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:34 am

Gallas would be a great signing in my opinion but Chelsea aren't stupid enough to sell him, maybe arrogant enough but still I can't see it.
Campbell is long past his best and while he could do a job he would be no better than Sami and cost twice as much so seems pointless to sign him.
Milito has signed a 5yr deal in Zaragosa so that's done.
Matt Upson would be a great signing if you ask me. He has performed well at brum but in a better side I think he would get better and shine.
All this is of course a little redundant seeing as Rafa seems to want this Andrade from Depor. I have no idea how good he is although he is a proven international so can't be bad.

As for left back, I still think Riise will do the job there. He is great coming forward as we know and although he has room to improve defensively I think that rafa will get the best out of him. Djimi will provide cover there and at centre back pending any signings.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:52 am

i'm going to a friendly tonight and upson will be playing so i'll quickly ask him!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:16 pm

The best replacement for me will be Carles Puyol or John Terry but this two will never be a dream come true. Traore can solve the Hyypia's problem for temporary and Warnock is looking good at LB. Forget about Josemi,we should have another backup for Finnan. So we have to at least bring 1-2 defender(s) before the transfer window.

Milito will be a good signing but he will commit his future with Real Zaragoza. Somebody mentioned about Campbell and Ledley king and i rather go for Titus Bramble with this two. :D  Better we enquire for Chelski's Huth.....Huth,ROBERT HUTH.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:21 pm

A.B. wrote:I'm going to post this now before I forget about it.

I think it's very clear that Sami Hyypia will no longer be first choice. We don't have any cover for our CB's[Traore can play there] and Hyypia just no longer seems first choice material. According to Sami Benitez told him that he will certainly bring in a new CB this summer, and I expect that CB will take Hyypia's place. Hyypia would be then our CB cover.

Milito[one of our CB targets] has just decided that he will stay in Spain so that leaves it down to Andrande[spelling?] from Deportivo.  Also Josemi is a poor cover for Finnan, he's a liability when he's playing so we might be signing a RB, Alves from Sevilla. However that will depend on whether Baptista stays, if Baptista leaves then Sevilla will not sell him.[long story, don't feel like explaining how the two are connected]

Riise isn't going to get the job done as a LB, he's probably going to fight for a place in LM with Zenden. Warnock or Traore will be the options for LB, not the strongest options but I think Warnock is better than Riise as far as defending goes.

That's about it, post whatever the hell you want regarding to this matter.

Do your pea brained thoughts really need a new topic?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:21 pm

desperado0831 wrote:The best replacement for me will be Carles Puyol or John Terry but this two will never be a dream come true. Traore can solve the Hyypia's problem for temporary and Warnock is looking good at LB. Forget about Josemi,we should have another backup for Finnan. So we have to at least bring 1-2 defender(s) before the transfer window.

Milito will be a good signing but he will commit his future with Real Zaragoza. Somebody mentioned about Campbell and Ledley king and i rather go for Titus Bramble with this two. :D  Better we enquire for Chelski's Huth.....Huth,ROBERT HUTH.

Puyol is class, but he's a full back and we need a centre back.  I can't believe we can't tempt Upson from sunny Birmingham, but I reckon Rafa has got his eye on someone else.  But who?
:shifty
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:28 pm

there's one guy who is a top class centre half and i think would be ideal.

he's at an ideal age (24-25)
he's a great leader (used to captain his former club)
he's left footed (rare commodities in centre backs)
he's got great pace

he's also at a club who are in complete financial turmoil at the moment.

i'm talking of course about CHRISTIAN CHIVU.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:34 pm

CHRISTIAN CHIVU?  I think Inter are after him.  He's got a good reputation but I've never seen him play.  It seems he's also played well in more than one country/league, which is always a good sign.  Could be a decent shout.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:34 pm

stmichael wrote:there's one guy who is a top class centre half and i think would be ideal.

he's got great pace

Is he the Roma lad, cus I have seen him a ffew times and he does look solid.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:42 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
stmichael wrote:there's one guy who is a top class centre half and i think would be ideal.

he's got great pace

Is he the Roma lad, cus I have seen him a ffew times and he does look solid.

yeah leon. he's romanian. used to be captain of ajax a few years back before moving on. to be honest i saw him quite a few times and he impressed me greatly.

the only problem is, with roma being banned from buying any players for a year, would they really want to get rid of anybody?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 pm

what about mexes?? he's fast and solid. plays for roma aswell.
if only boumsong came when houllier was here! boumsong and carra in defensive! QUALITY!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:48 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:what about mexes?? he's fast and solid. plays for roma aswell.
if only boumsong came when houllier was here! boumsong and carra in defensive! QUALITY!

dont know enough about Mexes, and as for Boumsong, Rangers and Newcastle where hardly rock solid at the back thanks to his exploits.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 pm

Chivu isn't a bad shout.

Another player that no one has mentioned is that Kiwi boy Nelson that joined Blackburn in January I think.  This guy was rock solid for the 2nd half of the premiership season and Hughes as much as admitted that he was probably the main factor in Blackburn staying up.

Although he's only been at Blackburn half a season it was only a short term deal as Blackburn weren't sure if he'd make the step up to the prem.  They want him on a 5yr deal now but I'm not sure if he's signed it yet.

He's 27 and he was superb in the games I've seen him play.  Anyone else rate this guy?  Watch out for him next season
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion