What to expect next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:what about mexes?? he's fast and solid. plays for roma aswell.
if only boumsong came when houllier was here! boumsong and carra in defensive! QUALITY!

Mexes has potential but has real attitude problems, he is prone to getting cards, and is quite easy to wind-up.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:07 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:what about mexes?? he's fast and solid. plays for roma aswell.
if only boumsong came when houllier was here! boumsong and carra in defensive! QUALITY!

Mexes has potential but has real attitude problems, he is prone to getting cards, and is quite easy to wind-up.

I don't rate Mexes to be honest.  Apart from the reasons you mentioned, he doesn't really get stuck in enough and isn't commanding.  The cards he picks up are for petty things, not strong or mistimed tackles.  Bit of a ponce IMO, and definitely not suited to the English prem.

The scum took him over as a trialist when he was 17 or so and they came to the same conclusion and didn't sign him.  I think they got it right
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:15 pm

john craig wrote:Another player that no one has mentioned is that Kiwi boy Nelson that joined Blackburn in January I think.  This guy was rock solid for the 2nd half of the premiership season and Hughes as much as admitted that he was probably the main factor in Blackburn staying up.

Although he's only been at Blackburn half a season it was only a short term deal as Blackburn weren't sure if he'd make the step up to the prem.  They want him on a 5yr deal now but I'm not sure if he's signed it yet.

He's 27 and he was superb in the games I've seen him play.  Anyone else rate this guy?  Watch out for him next season

I would love to see him here, but can't see it happening.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:49 pm

Do your pea brained thoughts really need a new topic?

Of course my ''pea brained'' thoughts need a topic, just like your pea brained sh1t needs a topic every now and then as well.

If you don't like it move on to another thread.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 pm

TribalFootball isn't a reliable source but what the hell:

Depor reject Liverpool offer for Andrade
tribalfootball.com - July 27, 2005

Liverpool have made a player-plus-cash bid for Deportivo La Coruna defender Jorge Andrade.

The Reds have offered £4 million plus striker Milan Baros for Portugal international Andrade. But Depor president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro has turned down the bid.

Lendoiro has told Liverpool his price for Andrade: £10 million cash, with no player swaps considered.

Andrade has other suitors, as much from England as Spain, including Barcelona, which expressed interest following an injury this week to captain Carles Puyol

Looks like Andrade is no. 1 target for cb now, sell baros to villa for cash and that would buy him
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:06 pm

Chivu would be a gd buy.Hes young,quick for a centre-back and solid.

He's also amazin in football manager :D  :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:50 pm

I don't think Roma would let him go because they wouldn't be able to get a replacement due to his ban.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MCYan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:29 pm

If there is any good players that we bring up here, I am sure Rafa and his scouts have looked at them before us already. Perhaps Roma really were banned from all transfers (in and out) for the coming season.

Anyways a CB is a must, and a RB/RM to follow...
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:28 pm

Jorge Andrade played and scored in the intertoto cup match against Newcastle. That will make him cup tied for the rest of the season? I doubt if we are still going after him...
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Rob » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:16 am

MCYan wrote:Jorge Andrade played and scored in the intertoto cup match against Newcastle. That will make him cup tied for the rest of the season? I doubt if we are still going after him...

I could have sworn that I heard the presenter say at the beginning of the Depo/Newc match that all players that play in the semi final and final of Intertoto are cup-tied in Europe for the rest of the season. I hope I am mistaken.
Red_Rob

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:21 am

will he not be only cup-tied for the uefa cup tho....or is it all competitions
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anchor man » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:47 am

He would only be cup tied in the uefa cup not the champions league.
anchor man

Postby MCYan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:38 pm

Oh i thought its on an european competitions. So he is still a possible target
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:21 am

MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion