Where we go from here - And what do we expect

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:36 pm

if i'm honest, i never 100% believed we would challenge Chelski to the end....we're just too short on goals and it was going to be a massive feat to just keep within 9 points of them, let alone catch them!

So, what do we all know expect from LFC from now until the summer? We're currently 3rd with a game in hand...if we win that, we will go 3 points behind Man utd....2nd is (and has been since the start of the season) my expected finish for this season and i still think we're good for it.  We're a better team than Man utd and we should finish above them with points to spare. 

As for the cups....i'd like to see us reach the last 4 of the Champions league and win the fA (yes win) cup....that's all realistic and that's what i think we all should look forward to.  Ok we've lost some points with some poor results....but if you really want to depress yourself, just look back to last season and where we were then....it was a whole lot worse.

Next season, we'll give the chelsea scum a run for their money....next season  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:36 pm

I think in the league after our recent results and the way we have played I think we'll get 3rd. Tottenham will slip up and won't catch us and Arsenal will finish 4th ahead of Wigan

In the CL we'll get to the semis if we get a kind quarter final draw
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:44 pm

where we go from here 7kewell is same as always, into the next game with confidence.

what to expect? ..3 points.... you cant call it any other way m8.

thats the essence of it. in relation to your thoughts... id settle for 3rd place, maybe a stab at the last 4 in the CL...
either way we have had progress under rafa benitez and thats been well deserved.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Poolinc. » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:52 pm

In my present state of mind, brought on by our recent results, I'll defo settle for third in the prem! Europe? I'd like a real good run, semi or better, or else our enemies will say.."Ha! Knew last year was a fluke!" Honestly couldn't give a rats arze about the fa cup.. Funnily I'm more confident about Europe than i am about finishing in top 3 in prem! ???
Poolinc.

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:03 am

Not once this season have I thought that we were capable of winning the title, I can understand those who did because obviously we all yearn for it, but they were deluding themselves.

I say we push for second spot, though I would satisfied if we finished in the top 4 and exceeded the 75 point mark. At the start of the season I wasn’t expecting to push for second, just a top 4 spot, but now I think we can get 2nd spot, which will give us automatic qualification into the Champions League and more time off in the summer.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:31 am

Hopefully a couple of good cup runs, and continue to challenge for 2nd spot while ensuring we get CL qualification with 3rd or 4th place
Nothing that has happened over last couple of weeks has changed my view on above which has been my realistic expectation for whole season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seani.g » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 am

We have got to go for 2nd. we are where we are despite having trouble scoring goals.
We were worse last year when we won in Istanbul.
we can still do everyting we are in the position to do.
We can go all the way in Europe, we have a different attitude in Europe. teams expect to beat us and come up a long way short.
resign ourselves to third or fourth behind a poor man ure side No.
I still believe.
why are people so negative have you no recollection of our history?
:(
seani.g

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:28 am

seani.g wrote:We have got to go for 2nd. we are where we are despite having trouble scoring goals.
We were worse last year when we won in Istanbul.
we can still do everyting we are in the position to do.
We can go all the way in Europe, we have a different attitude in Europe. teams expect to beat us and come up a long way short.
resign ourselves to third or fourth behind a poor man ure side No.
I still believe.
why are people so negative have you no recollection of our history?
:(

well said.  We're a better team than last year and i honestly believe we're 2 strikers short of having a title challenging side....i'm confident Rafa will sort that in the summer and i'm also confident Owen will return....can't see him staying at the Cartoon circus another season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:23 am

I think we are a better team, but we are not on form and we are not scoring. We need to find some scoring form if we are ever to catch manure. We got close to them by not conceding in 11 games, but that sort of thing doesnt happen that often in football so we cant rely on that to happen again, we have to score first and twice to avoid results like bolton, utd, brum & charlton. 

I would be happy with 3rd, ok with 4th, but unbelievably extatic with 2nd... but i think 3rd is more realistic if we snap out of this blip at wigan or arsenal. Lose those 2 and it may well be 4th.

but i do agree with next seasons predictions... a rw and 2 decent strikers and we'll be able to wipe that smile off maureens face....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion