Points over performance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:46 am

To me it does not matter how good or bad we play, the results matter. Chelsea were ******, we were better but who won?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:48 am

Your dealing with ONE game out of 38 .........Ive said my peace.

:O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:51 am

I don't get what the ****** you're trying to say, either that or you've misunderstood me.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:04 am

Didnt realise we are the 3rd highest scoring team in the premier.......and with  both main  Strikers  out !  thats good , thats very good , its bloody amazing to be honest.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:05 am

yep i think i read your post wrong , sorry  A B  :blush: ....   where me bleeding glasses !!
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:02 am

i think the point is now that benitez is building a team that won't need to grind out wins. as people have been saying, we have a massively depleted squad but still manage to play some great football - though not always and we don't always win. but when we eventually have the whole squad fit we will be able to play exciting attacking football and win even more games as per benitez' plan.

of course, the main point in being a football club is to win - no-one will dispute that (not even kevin keegan i'd guess). but if you can win by playing consistent exciting football its even better for the club. one of the main areas of income for a club is ticket sales. imagine the effects on our gate receipts as a 'grinding out 1-0 wins club' and again as a 'playing great attacking football and sinning games club' - which is going to be better for LFC in general?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:14 am

Agree with u Andy,i think under GH i use to watch them due to loyalty but since RB has taken over its been like a breath of fresh air knowing that u will see attacking football it can only improve the club as a whole. :grinning:  :grinning:
SALTROCK67

Postby Red_Si » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:29 pm

A.B. wrote:we end up getting screwed by the refs.

Most teams get good or bad refereeing decisions over a season, which even each other out. However, this doesn't seem to apply to Chelsea or Man U. How many points have they been robbed of this season? None, I think.
Red_Si

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:13 pm

every team thinks their hard done by.
i remember chelsea moaning at birmingham when robbie savage elbowed someone and feck all happened.
i`m sure there`s other examples.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:43 pm

liamac wrote:Didnt realise we are the 3rd highest scoring team in the premier.......and with  both main  Strikers  out !  thats good , thats very good , its bloody amazing to be honest.

Might I point out that we're ranked 16th as far as most goals conceded which is pretty good.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion