Another disgraceful away performance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:10 pm

theres still the cl. everyone else may have given up hope of winning it but not me
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:20 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:rafa will end up being the only manager not to winn a trophy in his first season as a manager of LFC since shankly ???

Bob Paisley didn't either...so it's not the end of the world,just yet.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:22 pm

Getting back to the performance;
   not a single shot on target against Newcastle...I despair!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:24 pm

It was one of our worst starting 11s that i can remember in a lge game this season
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:06 pm

What was rafa thinking about playing 1 up front? did he really think we could win playing that formation? or had he given up 4th spot himself and resigned himself to aim for a good run in the CL instead. :oh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:23 pm

i think he try`s to flood the midfield. it worked earlier on in the season especially against arsenal at home but xavi alonso made that formation work. the spare men in midfield broke from deep unpicked up by the defence and alonso usually found them with his radar guided passing ability.
with no alonso the midfielders dont get forward because the balls aren`t coming. then the lone forward gets isolated and quickly gets ****** off chasing the ball whilst their back four knock it around. then when we do win the ball everyone is in our half and unwilling to break forward.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:30 pm

15 points away from home this season.

THAT IS LESS THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE TOP 10.

enough said
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:48 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:One things for certain...That  houillier has set us back years!! rafa will end up being the only manager not to winn a trophy in his first season as a manager of LFC since shankly ???

where did u get that stat ? i am sure houllier 1st season was trophyless..........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:56 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:What was rafa thinking about playing 1 up front? did he really think we could win playing that formation? or had he given up 4th spot himself and resigned himself to aim for a good run in the CL instead. :oh:

That is what the pi$$es me off.....

Even with 4-5-1, we can still be offensive (if the 2 wide players attack, it becomes 4-3-3). But in the last 2 games it was ultra defensive 4-5-1........ We still continue to play like this ?

A draw is already a bad result, and rafa puts on a defensive team, i don't get it. Newcastle ain't a good team. Titas Brumble is sh1t... Aaron Hughes is sh1t..... Amdy Faye is sh1t..... Shola Ameobi is sh1t...Kieron Dyer is over-rated. We should have beaten this team without any problem. But we opted to play defensive. And this is what u get.  It is no use blaming it on away form. If you play the same home & away, it should not be a problem.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:49 am

I have seen this formation work against many teams. The formation 4-5-1 does not stay that way up the field. It is supposed to become 4-3-3 on attack.

So if you guys did not see it, the formation is ok, its our players not doing their job! 
Baros as the single man up front isn't gonna do the job if he does not hold the ball long enough.
The attack isn't gonna form when the midfield does not come up and support Baros.
The wingers does not cut into the attack and so the opponent's defence will stays in shape.

I am telling you guys that it is really a disgraceful performance against Newcastle. The team isn't playing like a team, its full of individuals! And Souness is not the better manager or has a better team. Rafa was made looking stupid by our players performance!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:33 am

Morientes, Finnan, Carragher, Alonzo and Gerrard are the only players we have that are capable of being part of a premiership winning team.  The rest are lacking ability, mental strength, desire etc.  We need a complete clear out.  We have too many losers in the squad.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:55 am

the biggest problem is hunger / motivation. none of it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:07 pm

Seen the game on Saturdaya and it was an absolute disgrace..... they showed no hunger or desire to get into the game whatsoever. I could cope with losing but losing without even trying is the biggest disgrace. I can see a big clearout in the summer :angry:
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:36 pm

Sean wrote:Morientes, Finnan, Carragher, Alonzo and Gerrard are the only players we have that are capable of being part of a premiership winning team.  The rest are lacking ability, mental strength, desire etc.  We need a complete clear out.  We have too many losers in the squad.

what about riise
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:55 pm

Riise is probabaly having his best season with us, but for me he plays well at left back and a bit better when on the left wing but isn't outstanding in either position.

Alonzo is world class, Morientes has proved he is a winner, when Gerrard is in the right frame of mind he is fantastic.  Carragher has been outstanding this year and has the mental strength required for the big games.  The big plus this year has been the performances of Steve Finnan.  A few years ago he was named in the premiership team of the season while at Fulham and this year he has played as well as any other right full in the premiership.

Riise isn't as good a left full as Heinze, Bridge or Ashley Cole and while he has made a good contribution this year on the left wing he is not at Giggs or Duff's level.  For example, I can't recall him feeding Morientes with to many crosses in the last few months.  He is however an excellent squad player because of his versatility.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion