Another poor performance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby polygemus » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:50 pm

1. Pelle lost every header to Crouch
2. Garica gave the ball away so often that I could hear the screams fr the Liverpool fans ard the stadium.
3. Baros still clueless as to how to link up with Morientes
4. Gerard & Hamman lost midfield

On top of that we lost Hyppia to injury........

anymore I miss out? Champions League next season........gone.....
polygemus

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:51 pm

Yer who invented that Yellow kit?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:51 pm

we will still get 4th but it's not good enough...come end of season we will be 4th place and probably 30 points off Chelsea...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:54 pm

We made a nobody like Peter Crouch look like a class player.  Jamie Redknapp and Rory DeLapp ran the show in midfield.

Luis Garcia simply cannot control the ball and how did Valencia win titles with Pelligrino at the back.  His performance today reminded me of an over the hill Laurent Blanc struggling at United.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:56 pm

we have too many Roy of the ROvers in midfield, not passing, trying to run with the ball with their head down....and i'm fecked off with Gerrard..
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:02 pm

7_Kewell wrote:we have too many Roy of the ROvers in midfield, not passing, trying to run with the ball with their head down....and i'm fecked off with Gerrard..

I think Liverpool pander too much to SG.  Any other player, who was playing the way Stevie was playing today, would have been taken off.  IT reminds me a bit of the Michael Owen situation.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:02 pm

baros neearly scored twice with great runs and shots so i thinkt hats being harsh but i would say he needs to link up better and have his head up more often to see whats around him
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:06 pm

1st sorry for repeating a thread down there .

I expected that the lads will bounce back today and put a solid performance but i was shocked they were not willing to fight , they had no spirit , no will to win .. they had no excuse they had a week to rest .. Before the arrival of moro we had a problem to finish th work of midfield now we have a the oppposite problem the midfield isnt creating .. the 4th place is sliping and that will be a big blow for our future plans , Rafa u need to do something now to save our season ..
ToTinho

Postby zardd » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:07 pm

defence is very poor & midfield is like non existant...only when pongolle came on then we see some better movement. Garica really looks bad, always try those flashy touches, turns and then loses the ball..he's been in the premiership for 6 months, yet he is so in-consistant..think now why barcelona is willing to let him go... for pellegrino, he is still new to the pace here & maybe fitness, sharpness is still not up to the level, really hope he be better now with hyppia injured.
zardd

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:13 pm

I saw the match . I think is about time Carra play in the centre midfield , to cover in front of the 4 defender. Hamman didn't do that , he too slow and too old . If carra play in the center , SG have more freedom to move .

Garcia need to play simple football.

But Nando and Baros link well , they need to work more on this and Raven plays well too .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby YoungAdam » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Yeah I was impressed with what I saw of Raven today.
YoungAdam

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:36 pm

I was even suprised by Dudek.  Apart from goals, which were Pelle's fault, he did well.  Maybe the threat of Carson worked.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Performance was shambolic......I'm not going to lambast any particular players just yet,but I have this horrible feeling there are a few new faces this season that are not going to cut the cheese,in fact they smell like a lump of Danish Blue that's been behind the fridge for years.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:39 pm

supersub wrote:but I have this horrible feeling there are a few new faces this season that are not going to cut the cheese,in fact they smell like a lump of Danish Blue that's been behind the fridge for years.

:D Yer and it bleedin stinks
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:52 pm

agree about Raven tho, at least Rafa is pushing youngster through the ranks...something GH had trouble doing.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion