Another disgraceful away performance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:07 pm

The players should be ashamed of themselves for that sort of performance. And Rafs got it wrong today, like it or not. Baros, Gerrard, Luis Garcia, Pellegrino, Biscan were alll terrible. Not 1 Liverpool player turned up today and we deserved to loose. Baros was the main culprit. He didn't close down, his first touch was shocking and he didn't look interested. Garcia gave the ball away and moaned far too much. Gerrard showed good touches but he had no desire to run his heart out for the whole game as gerrard of last season did. Pellegrino simply isn't good enough. We didn't show any urgrncy for 90 mins. And when gerrard got 1 chance to pull an undeserved point out of the fire he f*cked it right up. Rafa also got it wrong tactically and with the team he played. Baros cant play on his own with 2 marking him, we surrendered the initiative to newcastle by playing 5 at the back, he played gerrard on the right for most of the game and it's just a bad decision to play pellegrino. Blackburn must do us a favour tomorrow if we want a hope of getting 4th although looking at it now, we dont desreve to nor look like getting it. I still support rafa and think he will bring forward but missing out on champions league football is a major step back.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:18 pm

to play 5 at the back against the barcodes...we got what we deserve. I am lost for words... :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:20 pm

I agree with everything Stapo, but gettin rid of Baros isnt such a bright idea either, you cannot play 1 upfront in the premiership when will Rafa realise this?
I am so p.issed off its unbelieveable, I dont know whats going on on the training pitch but it certainly isnt great on a football pitch.
Our inspirational captain made himself noticed on the 92nd minute only it went wide.
Why didnt he get forward more? are these Rafas orders? or is he sick of carrying the team.
There was not one player on that pitch or on the sub bench that could have turned that game around,
No one, something bad is happening to our club and we have very worrying times ahead.
We are 5 games away from winning the Champions League, but I dont even think our players realise that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:23 pm

I never said we should sell baros and i think we should hold onto him but only if he's prepared to buck up and sit on the bench when he's told and not think he's better than the team by making comments to the media and then playing sh1t like that. he may have been alone up front but he still showed a terrible first touch and whenever he got to run with the ball he let bramble of all people get the better of him.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:36 pm

Tactics? Every game the objective is to win the game by scoring. Our players didn't have the determination to create anything.

If our players continue to stroll around the pitch then we will continue to lose. The team picked itself today, five players injured again................

ALT and Luis Garcia are not strikers, they wouldnt had done a better job with Baros up front.

Our midfield was too poor to create anything because most of the players couldn't give a damn.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:39 pm

stapo1000 wrote:I never said we should sell baros and i think we should hold onto him but only if he's prepared to buck up and sit on the bench when he's told and not think he's better than the team by making comments to the media and then playing sh1t like that. he may have been alone up front but he still showed a terrible first touch and whenever he got to run with the ball he let bramble of all people get the better of him.

I never said you did say sell Baros, im saying Rafa is thinkin of getting rid of him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:51 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:I never said we should sell baros and i think we should hold onto him but only if he's prepared to buck up and sit on the bench when he's told and not think he's better than the team by making comments to the media and then playing sh1t like that. he may have been alone up front but he still showed a terrible first touch and whenever he got to run with the ball he let bramble of all people get the better of him.

I never said you did say sell Baros, im saying Rafa is thinkin of getting rid of him.

i will never say you said that he did say like rafa has never said sell baros
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:52 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

i will never say you said that he did say like rafa has never said sell baros

:D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:08 pm

somethings wrong at the club,when the captians heart is else where it doesn't make for a good team spirit.???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:57 pm

If we could get 10 mill plus for Baros get him the ****** out of our club. I think he is a footballing mercenary and not loyal to the club before himself.
I am sick of his whinging and sicker of his ineptitude on the park.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:03 pm

I agree with everything Stapo, but gettin rid of Baros isnt such a bright idea either, you cannot play 1 upfront in the premiership when will Rafa realise this?
I am so p.issed off its unbelieveable, I dont know whats going on on the training pitch but it certainly isnt great on a football pitch.
Our inspirational captain made himself noticed on the 92nd minute only it went wide.
Why didnt he get forward more? are these Rafas orders? or is he sick of carrying the team.
There was not one player on that pitch or on the sub bench that could have turned that game around,
No one, something bad is happening to our club and we have very worrying times ahead.
We are 5 games away from winning the Champions League, but I dont even think our players realise that.

Lyndsey, done give me ****** about not being able to play one upfront. We have the players to pull off any system and if they aren't good enough to adapt then the should be sold.

It doesn't matter wether you play 1, 2 or 3 upfront, as long as its RIGHT it works. The formation isn't the problem, its the attitude and commitment of this side.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:12 pm

The formation isn't the problem, its the attitude and commitment of this side.

For a good hour I thought that I was the only who thought the same.

We used a 4-5-1 formation against Arsenal and won but in that particular game there was hunger and determination. In this one and so many others there wasn't.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:17 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Lyndsey, done give me ****** about not being able to play one upfront. We have the players to pull off any system and if they aren't good enough to adapt then the should be sold.

It doesn't matter wether you play 1, 2 or 3 upfront, as long as its RIGHT it works. The formation isn't the problem, its the attitude and commitment of this side.

Yer yer what ever we are playing in the prem since when as Liverpool been a one upfront team? What year? when?
answer my question when did we ever win like this?
Im not talkin about this season, but when.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:22 pm

One things for certain...That  houillier has set us back years!! rafa will end up being the only manager not to winn a trophy in his first season as a manager of LFC since shankly ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:28 pm

One things for certain...That  houillier has set us back years!! rafa will end up being the only manager not to winn a trophy in his first season as a manager of LFC since shankly

But look at the things Shankly achieved in the long run? Shankly himself had a poor first season but from that point on he's made one of the biggest impacts on the club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion