What was that performance all about

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Quimby » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:19 pm

I was amazed by two things. 1. How ordinary we gradually looked. Can't help thinking that the likes of Barcelona aren't going to be shaking in their boots. 2. How well Diao played. He had composure, style - all the things he should've had all along. I was impressed with him.

It's such early days though so I'm sure we'll be back to our best on Sunday. I'm delighted to see Potter and Warnock getting their chance. Be patient cisses_gonna_get_you - they'll give you reason to cheer soon.
Quimby

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:19 pm

Madred baros was everywere again like he was on saturday i think the poor lads tryin to live up to owens expectations and hes trying to hard and before long if he dont score on sunday the doom and gloomers will be sayin baaaaaaaaaaaah cisse another diouff :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:20 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:BRING ON THEM HUNKY SPANIARDOS AND LETS SEE SOME ACTION :D OLE :love:

That's exactly my point...  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:24 pm

ZARABABE :;):  :love: 
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
F#CK IT
WE LOVE U LIVERPOOL WE DO WE LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL WE DO WE LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL WE DO ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YOU. :D
Ill make a new song tomorrow of our old original  :;):  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:26 pm

Well once again, that prat houllier bites us in the ****** again. He must have been wearing beer goggles when he signed Henchoz. I feel sorry for raffa when he knows how good his starting eleven are and having no real players on the bench (other than pongolle). We need another striker and another centre half if we want to hope of anything in europe. On tonight's performance, all I can say is Uefa Cup here we come (and we won't be staying long there either. I know it's early but this looks like another year of sweet f a for us. :down:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:33 pm

aCE YOUR WRONG PONGOLLES GONA A GET A GOOD FEW FOR US THIS SEASON HE PLAYS WITH THE RESERVES AN I KNOW FOR A FACT RAFFA HAS BEEN WATCHING THEM PONGOLLE IS ANOTHER WAITING IN THE WINGS OOPS CAPS DIDNT KNOW BUT NOT WRITTIN IT AGAIN :p

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:35 pm

The maddest thing about the whole 90 mins was that they actually put together the best move of the match. They were penned in their own half and passed their way out with some wonderful one touch stuff and started a attack. That was quite alarming i thought.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:41 pm

anno madred but people were yawning we dont want to see it anymore even though it looks like mourinhos took that chance on playin boring football when we did in that season we won 3 tropheys but the fact is we have been boring for far to long for the fans to watch that tripe we could have held a draw and in hindsight that was probably the case what raffa said to them cause noway did that goalie have any threats tonight ffs james made how many saves on saturday??? i lost count :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:41 pm

take deep breaths folks... in hale exhale..good manger.. spanish hunks coming in ...improvements to follow... have faith folks...oh yee of little faith ..pleeease :cool:
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:44 pm

All I'm saying is that Pongolle is the only one on the bench that I would bother with. The rest are just a bunch of fairies that continue to poison Liverpool with a distinctly french accent. Eviva Espagne!! Eviva los revolution!!! :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:45 pm

Thinking about the spanish contingent is making me want to do a sex wee!!  :D
Last edited by madred on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:46 pm

Why have that t#t richies posts gone?
muppet what a fool that one was :p
idiot ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:18 am

Lets put it into perspective, although we were truly dire it is mission accomplished. Rome wasn't built in a day so we have to expect the odd hiccup. On the plus side Diao played well and the youngsters will just get better with experience.

However, Kewell was once again a disgrace. His performances since we signed him have been truly woeful and we can't keep making excuses for him. He is astoundingly lazy and doesn't give two hoots about how bad he is. Poor Jerzy has completely lost his confidence. Hope Kirkland is fit soon. But keep the faith fellas, LFC are defo going the right way for the forst time in a log time!  :grinning:
charwell

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:05 am

It is better that we suffer this king of embarassment now and still qualify so that the reality check during the closing stages of the transfer window will allow Benithez to find one or two more good players to bolster the squad.

I know this sounds very cliche, cisses_gona_get_ya and madred, but like the saying goes, you live to fight another day and make sure that on that other days, we do not repear this kind of mistakes. If we get a tough group, it will be curtains if we play suicidal like this.

Rafa is no fool, he will do something to make sure we will not be so meek next time. Houllier did buy a lot of cr@p in our squad and it will take time for Rafa to correct this. The important thing is to know and learn from this experience and make sure we eliminate the mistakes.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:11 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:our new players were watching tonight they must have been thinkin what a f#ckin joke hope things turn around once they start playing because we already missed joseme tonight now that is sayin somethin  :( after 2 games thank you Mr Houllier you have destroyed the once great reds he might be gona destroy an other red team now dont do it saints its more than your clubs worth :(

Don't blame Houllier for a team's performance picked by Benitez..........  ???

How come when we played poorly under Houllier it wasn't Evan's fault and Souness before him  ???

Get a grip and accept that some of the platyers didn't fancy it tonight  :glare:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion