Why all is rosy at anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:25 am

Rafa is not going to buy a goalkeeper.

He will propably buy a defender,a striker and a winger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:31 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:I just feel that what is happening at the club now, is what we have all been waiting for for the past couple of years and I for one am not complaining.  We all wanted Houllier out, we have it, we wanted new tactics etc....we have it.

Sooner or later we will have investment, we are in the last 16 of the Champions League with a favourable draw against Bayer Leverkusen.  You have to admit that with a bit of luck, barring an upset, there will be a day out in Cardiff to look forward to.

I know we should be beating teams like Portsmouth and Everton, but as David Brent said "If you want the rainbow, you have got to put up with the rain". 

It is going to take time to get there.

Patience, optimism and team spirit are needed, and we need to get behind the team.

Lastly, this is not Benitez' team.  They are 75% Houllier's players.  He recognises there is talent in some of them, but I am willing to trust the judgment of this man to sign the players to take us back to the dizzy heights!!!

well said jonny.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:23 am

This man, with his successes in the Primera Liga on 2 occassions with a small budget compared to the Barcas and the Real Madrids, is miles ahead of Foolier and I like the improvements he has made on the presonnel, who were largely Foolier's purchases but regressed under him because of his inept tactical play and player judgements.

Given time and finances boost, Benithez can take the club forward. The key word is time, because Liverpool have been in a rot for some time. Houllier got rid of the "Spice Boys" malaise but he inadvertently brought in another malaise - a lack of imagination and a defensive rigid playing style. This is not necessarily his fault 100% because it was beyond his abilities in the first place. This rot was caused by Moores' blind loyalty to Houller in giving him too long a reign and too much freedom to buy rubbish into the club.

We have a manager who is very intelligent, is passionate about the club, is driven to succeed with the club and more pertinent, has won championships in a tough league. Have patience, because he is not GOD and in the absence of Chelski's finances, needs to do it the hard way- gradually.

We will get there, with a lot of hard work, the right approach and with some luck. Everybody needs some luck here and there to reach the summit. If the application is right, we will be able to capitalise when the lucky break presents itself.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:49 am

A.B. wrote:Rafa is not going to buy a goalkeeper.

He will propably buy a defender,a striker and a winger.

Actually Scott Carson has not signed an extention at Leeds, and is tipped to go to Liverpool in Jan.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:11 am

azriahmad

Thats an excellent post but why should we be expecting to do it on the cheap? Why shouldn't we get some money to allow us to spend on top notch players.

Its more and more about money and those without it are increasingly being left behind. You either close the gap now or you never will.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:55 pm

Actually Scott Carson has not signed an extention at Leeds, and is tipped to go to Liverpool in Jan

Interesting but then again we're linked with every player that hasn't signed a new contract or isn't happy at the club they are.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kop Kid » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:31 am

Great to see so many views to my earlier post. 

For those of you wondering why Baros is not in there, i just felt personally i'd like to see Anelka, who has been there and done it with Real and Arsenal, but after Baros  and his MotM performance against Newcastle, it makes life more difficult and what we all want. 

Baros is actually my favorite player (well second to Steve G) but i appreciate what he has achieved and how he has worked so hard to still be with us now.  A true Red.  My earlier side was just a general view, at the end of the day a side like;

Dudek/kirk

Finnan  Carra    hyypia   Riise

Hamman

Gerrard  Alonso   Kewell

Baros    Anelka

Would quite easily ding dang do for me!
Kop Kid

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion