Anfield - What's going on?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:42 am

The atmosphere is quite frankly :censored:.

The Villa and Reading game, not forgetting the Bordeaux match have to be the worst I've witnessed for a long, long time. Even on the European night against Bordeaux we were shocking, the Bordeaux fans were magnificent as were the Reading fans and the Villa fans the weak before. We had :censored: all in response to any of those, most of the fans just sat there silent.

The stuff you hear from individuals is quite frankly disgusting and why passionate supporters don't shout this :censored: out of the stadium is something which has rattled my brain. All you hear these days; even in the Kop are people slagging off the players. "Pennant is poor, waste of money, boo, boo", "Zenden is useless, flippin useless". Is it me or are more retards and plastic fans from our Istanbul victory coming to Anfield? The negative comments are appalling, I sat in a seat at Anfield under the worst times of Houllier reign and I didn't hear the amount of negative comments I've heard this season when I've been to Anfield. I'm no fan of Zenden and at times Hyypia, but I'll chant their name, I'll clap when they do something right and I'll support them all the way through the match and then offer my criticisms in the local pub or on here an Internet forum, but to shout out "you should be playing in the championship" or "you're :censored: useless" is absolute disgrace.

It's not just London supporters, Scottish supporters; Irish supporters which do this it's scousers as well, so this isn't an OTT vs. Scouser debate this me highlighting the downfall in our support. The worst abuse I heard was at the Reading game towards Warnock and Reina and it was from a very thick scouse accent, I honestly felt like mouthing off to the :censored:, because the person absolutely :censored: me off and when we were singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Fields of Anfield Road" the amount of people in the Kop who joint in was appalling, half of my row were silent and it's this type of :censored: which is making me hand over our title of "Best fans in the world" to Portsmouth who come rain or shine, top of the table to bottom of the table cheer their players on when they're winning, when they're losing and through thick and thin. Take note people.

If you don't know songs like "Fields of Anfield Road" and other songs :censored: learn them.

:veryangry

Rant Over.
67-1161385641

Postby Smeg » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:08 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:The atmosphere is quite frankly :censored:.

The Villa and Reading game, not forgetting the Bordeaux match have to be the worst I've witnessed for a long, long time. Even on the European night against Bordeaux we were shocking, the Bordeaux fans were magnificent as were the Reading fans and the Villa fans the weak before. We had :censored: all in response to any of those, most of the fans just sat there silent.

The stuff you hear from individuals is quite frankly disgusting and why passionate supporters don't shout this :censored: out of the stadium is something which has rattled my brain. All you hear these days; even in the Kop are people slagging off the players. "Pennant is poor, waste of money, boo, boo", "Zenden is useless, flippin useless". Is it me or are more retards and plastic fans from our Istanbul victory coming to Anfield? The negative comments are appalling, I sat in a seat at Anfield under the worst times of Houllier reign and I didn't hear the amount of negative comments I've heard this season when I've been to Anfield. I'm no fan of Zenden and at times Hyypia, but I'll chant their name, I'll clap when they do something right and I'll support them all the way through the match and then offer my criticisms in the local pub or on here an Internet forum, but to shout out "you should be playing in the championship" or "you're :censored: useless" is absolute disgrace.

It's not just London supporters, Scottish supporters; Irish supporters which do this it's scousers as well, so this isn't an OTT vs. Scouser debate this me highlighting the downfall in our support. The worst abuse I heard was at the Reading game towards Warnock and Reina and it was from a very thick scouse accent, I honestly felt like mouthing off to the :censored:, because the person absolutely :censored: me off and when we were singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Fields of Anfield Road" the amount of people in the Kop who joint in was appalling, half of my row were silent and it's this type of :censored: which is making me hand over our title of "Best fans in the world" to Portsmouth who come rain or shine, top of the table to bottom of the table cheer their players on when they're winning, when they're losing and through thick and thin. Take note people.

If you don't know songs like "Fields of Anfield Road" and other songs :censored: learn them.

:veryangry

Rant Over.

Hush Hush! There were some working class fools near me im ashamed to admit. They were wearing Lacoste and other such roughscallion makes. And the standing up during matches ! Boo I say, next week I'm staying at home and watching the Cricket, at least there's no chanting and such vulgar practices there.

Tarquin, East London.
Smeg

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Everyone should be made to stand up for 90 minutes and made to sing, prehaps Liverpool should start handing out music sheets and people who do not the words can sing off the sheets, because the atmosphere is shocking, you know you've got :censored: support when a small club like Reading out sings you at your home ground as large as ours.
67-1161385641

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:34 pm

The atmosphere has been in decline for a long time mate.

Too many f*cking bus trips and "plastic fans".

You know what? I'm from Notts.

But I know all the songs we sing, and I shout louder than any f*cker at the games I get to see.

Leon has a point with his "RTK" avatar. The kop should be purely season-ticket holders. Put an end to this plastic invasion by day-trippers with no allegiance to the club.

I'm not saying ooters should stop coming - just that if you go to Anfield, you do things the Anfield way - it's not a f*cking Opera.

We're fast becoming a laughing stock.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:38 pm

It's not just the non-season ticket holders, there's a fair amount of regular goers who are just as bad and some are worse with the abuse and choosing to sing when they want, it's not on, I can't believe Reading outsung us, it's a joke and it's not funny. I find it strange that a lot of fans want a new, larger stadium when Anfield rarely sales out these days and the atmosphere has gone downhill. ???
67-1161385641

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:57 pm

The kop was always the mainstay of liverpools home support. It was the kop that always got the stadium bouncing so to speak. The annie road end always gave a good shout aswell, but it was mainly the kop that kicked everything off.

Now except for big games it's a pretty dire atmosphere at Anfield.

I don't think it's an ooter thing in the most part but more a sitting down thing. Ever since the Kop went seating it has gone down hill. It's hard to get the same atmoshere on there i suppose . The answer imo would be to get the kop standing again ( safely of course) and this would slowly but surley bring back the atmosphere and the camaraderie which was felt when we used to stand. When we used to stand as one almighty voice roaring the team on.

Now mostly it's i don't give a sh!t who's sitting  next to me, just let me watch the game in peace.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:38 pm

im from ireland myself and i know all the songs

but u have familys from different countries comin in for a day out to anfield,there probably not interested in the football ,never mind the atmosphere

its a disgrace that anfield cnt sell out and that reading out sing us???
Last edited by peterc1992 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Charmless Man (?)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and maybe put a few noses out of joint.... The definition of a supporter/fan is not one who sings the loudest, it's their love and loyalty for their club, an emotion which doesn't have it's only manifestation in the voracity of the singing. I have never been one for singing at games, which is not to say that I don't like hearing the songs being sung. When I have travelled to Anfield I have always joined in with YNWA but then I go into a state where I really concentrate on watching the game and don't find myself singing along. People also have the right to criticise players when they have paid good money to watch them. Long ago, massively high standards were set at our club and, whether it be for good or bad, there is still the same expectation to this day. Players get both bouquets and brickbats on this forum and why shouldn't that also happen at Anfield? If a player is singled out for some stick at a game it is usually in the heat of the moment, I agree it would be worrying if it happened to the same player at every game but this is simply not the case.

Please don't be so sweeping in your judgement of other fans just because they are not the same as you.

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:19 pm

CardinalRed wrote:Charmless Man (?)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and maybe put a few noses out of joint.... The definition of a supporter/fan is not one who sings the loudest, it's their love and loyalty for their club, an emotion which doesn't have it's only manifestation in the voracity of the singing. I have never been one for singing at games, which is not to say that I don't like hearing the songs being sung. When I have travelled to Anfield I have always joined in with YNWA but then I go into a state where I really concentrate on watching the game and don't find myself singing along. People also have the right to criticise players when they have paid good money to watch them. Long ago, massively high standards were set at our club and, whether it be for good or bad, there is still the same expectation to this day. Players get both bouquets and brickbats on this forum and why shouldn't that also happen at Anfield? If a player is singled out for some stick at a game it is usually in the heat of the moment, I agree it would be worrying if it happened to the same player at every game but this is simply not the case.

Please don't be so sweeping in your judgement of other fans just because they are not the same as you.

if you want to be entertained for the good money you paid  GO TO THE FECKING FLICKS  :angry:

i can see you now with your camera phone and leaving with 15 mins to go

i refere to the stand up sit down campain which i tried to start a debate on but people go to tghe footy to see victory or nothing nowadays it is not about being a supporter but being entertained

sorry football isn't like that it has ups as well as down even for a great club like ours,
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:22 pm

What's the point of sitting in the stands if you aren't going to sing? Skysports show matches, watch the matches on your TV and curse as much as you like at the players in your armchair. I've never seen the point of going to a football match when you're not prepared to stand up with your scarf and sing (as well as watch, it's possible to do both). To me it seems a waste of a fans time and money if they are going to sit in the stands, not sing and just slag off players and you do realise the players hear most things :censored: shout out? The definition as a supporter is also to support your players through the good times and the bad times and shouting abuse and comments slagging them off from the stands is not support. The players do not need to hear their name connected with the word useless when they are playing.

I'm not questioning any fans loyalty and love to this club, I will however question the passion these supporters display and at the moment it's worse than ever going by the passion shown in the stands. It's also in my right to sit behind my PC and write posts criticising fans who offer nothing to the atmosphere of Anfield. I have a right to moan about the current state the clubs atmosphere is in because I care and I'm getting tired of a quiet Anfield.
67-1161385641

Postby stretfordendconquerer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi,

as an OOTer I'd like to give you my point of view:
Yes, I do think its a problem that there are so many tourists attending our games. They come to Anfield expecting a great atmosphere, because that is what Anfield is famous for. But they dont get it that they must be part of that atmosphere, they behave like people enjoying a performance in an opera. So, come on Kop, sing for me ! Thats b0ll0cks.
Unfortunately there are many locals aswell who just take their brand new digital camera to the game and take more pictures than that they concentrate on the game and give our team a decent support.
Without any boast I can say that whenever I have the possibility to get tickets for a home match I sing my a_Rse off.
Even knowing that they wont be able to get to Anfield too often in the future doesnt make the tourists chant.
So, what could we do ?
Putting up a sign in front of the kop entrance saying "Permission to lads who are willing to sing only" is maybe a bit harsh and not realistic.
Handing out leaflets with the texts of the most frequently sung songs written on it could be a solution.
But in my opinion the fact that were even thinking of things like that is an absolute shame. And seeing only 50% of the Kop singing YNWA is just :censored: :censored:
Dunno if my posting was dead helpful but I simply had to write down what p!sses me off big-time  :veryangry
stretfordendconquerer

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:28 pm

redmikey wrote:

if you want to be entertained for the good money you paid  GO TO THE FECKING FLICKS  :angry:

i refere to the stand up sit down campain which i tried to start a debate on but people go to tghe footy to see victory or nothing nowadays it is not about being a supporter but being entertained

sorry football isn't like that it has ups as well as down even for a great club like ours,

You really lived up to your forum name there mate, I don't have a camera phone, I'm a grown bloke who doesn't need to take pictures of other men running around on the pitch. As for leaving early, never done that, even when I travelled 3 hours to watch Barnsley beat us!
Again you sound like it's "do as I do or you're no good".....

I go to watch the reds win just like you do, don't even think about alledging that I don't.

CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:29 pm

stretfordendconquerer wrote:Hi,

as an OOTer I'd like to give you my point of view:
Yes, I do think its a problem that there are so many tourists attending our games. They come to Anfield expecting a great atmosphere, because that is what Anfield is famous for. But they dont get it that they must be part of that atmosphere, they behave like people enjoying a performance in an opera. So, come on Kop, sing for me ! Thats b0ll0cks.
Unfortunately there are many locals aswell who just take their brand new digital camera to the game and take more pictures than that they concentrate on the game and give our team a decent support.
Without any boast I can say that whenever I have the possibility to get tickets for a home match I sing my a_Rse off.
Even knowing that they wont be able to get to Anfield too often in the future doesnt make the tourists chant.
So, what could we do ?
Putting up a sign in front of the kop entrance saying "Permission to lads who are willing to sing only" is maybe a bit harsh and not realistic.
Handing out leaflets with the texts of the most frequently sung songs written on it could be a solution.
But in my opinion the fact that were even thinking of things like that is an absolute shame. And seeing only 50% of the Kop singing YNWA is just :censored: :censored:
Dunno if my posting was dead helpful but I simply had to write down what p!sses me off big-time  :veryangry

dead rite,sing ur hearts out for the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm

CardinalRed wrote:
redmikey wrote:

You really lived up to your forum name there mate, I don't have a camera phone, I'm a grown bloke who doesn't need to take pictures of other men running around on the pitch. As for leaving early, never done that, even when I travelled 3 hours to watch Barnsley beat us!
Again you sound like it's "do as I do or you're no good".....

I go to watch the reds win just like you do, don't even think about alledging that I don't.

He hasn't said you don't go to matches to watch Liverpool win, he is however like me :censored: off with that state Anfield is in. At times you'd get more noise from a graveyard than you would from the stands. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, if I wanted to support a club who slags off it's players from the stands and makes no noise I'd support Arsenal. This club has always been able to say "we're the best fans in the world", and Anfield is infamous for being loud, full of colour and full of atmosphere and in recent times it's been anything but loud, colourful and wonderful". To me this is just as bad as our results earlier in the season.
67-1161385641

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:56 pm

its a bit harsh to say only season ticket holders should go to the match though. I'm from Coventry, and getting hold of a season ticket is ridiculous for me, because of the amount of money I'd have to spend. Believe me, everytime I've gone to a Liverpool match I've sung my heart out, and stood up for most of the match even if I did get told to sit down.

I understand what you mean about the chants that basically crucify certain players, but everyones entitled to their own opinion. Whether their just glory supporters or not, we should try and not let it affect the way in which we view the matches we go to see, and maybe we should try that little bit harder to out sing the "wannabe" fans dissing our squad.
Hebz

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion