The goalkeeping situation - Looking rosy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:06 pm

My banter in other threads has nothing to do with this one. I've even settled any problems I had through PM in civil fashion. So..

Fair enough, my point was that there's no goalkeeper in all time history  of football that ""Whenever he has been tested he's gotten the job done", there are mistakes in every one of them. But I hardly could not rate highly Reina's matches as a whole. First season in anfield, adaptation, bigger club than Villarreal, Knowledgeable crowd, even if we agree that all the defence has to do with the clean sheets, he'd pick his part of that success. I couldn't be dissapointed.

I never said you didn't have to have an own opinion, au contraire, I encourage you to keep posting. And excuse me for mentioning another thread, it was in light tone, semi kidding.

Cheers!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:20 pm

I know that no one is perfect, mate. It's just that all the greats hardly ever make mistakes. And Reina has certainly had his fair share of dodgey moments at Liverpool FC. Obviously, I hope he gets over them and does a job for us every time he steps onto the field. I'm still entitled to have an opinion on him, though. Good or bad. I even said it was too early to say anything concrete about Reina. Good or bad. Obviously, he has a part. Luckily, he hasn't been called on to make 10 amazing saves each match to maintain a clean sheet. ha. :D
Kid a

Postby Effes » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:49 pm

I know this isn't shedding much light on the topic, but, the fact we've had 5 consecutive clean sheets and 8 in 11 Prem games gives me a buzz.
Why?
Consistency.
The one thing we have lacked for a while.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion