:D AB you cheeky ar.se ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:54 pm

He looks like a good keeper to me. If it is 12 clean sheets from 16 games, then God only knows what our defensive record would have looked like if we had lost 1-0 against Chelsea rather than 4-1. That result is distorting our prowess at the back. The guys deserve a big pat on the back and since the boss has stopped playing the lamentable Josemi and the hapless, though often supported by me Traore, we have looked much more solid. Special mention must go to Hyppia who despite being past his absolute very best, is playing out of his skin.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:58 am

No one knows me on here and I am very much an anonymous member posting here and there, but I have said that I don't rate Reina highly since the beginning and will continue saying such. I started supporting Villarreal when Forlan joined, and watched most of their games last season. He played really well here and there, but I never came off being impressed. He will make errors. I think we've all witnessed how many times he's come out and flapped at the ball, or mis-judges completely where it's going on corners. I thought he took a noticeable dip in form in the second half of the season for a bit last season, but people still continued praising him. I think he's over-hyped.  A good kepper, but he was ridiculously over-hyped I thought. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see the last few premiership games due to them not being broadcasted where I live so I can't comment on his current form that much. I have seen all the CL games, though.  He's had some good games there, and in the Premiership that I saw. Like someone said, though, I've never seen him be tested that much. It's still too early to say anything concrete.
Kid a

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:56 am

Kid a wrote:No one knows me on here and I am very much an anonymous member posting here and there, but I have said that I don't rate Reina highly since the beginning and will continue saying such. I started supporting Villarreal when Forlan joined, and watched most of their games last season. He played really well here and there, but I never came off being impressed. He will make errors. I think we've all witnessed how many times he's come out and flapped at the ball, or mis-judges completely where it's going on corners. I thought he took a noticeable dip in form in the second half of the season for a bit last season, but people still continued praising him. I think he's over-hyped.  A good kepper, but he was ridiculously over-hyped I thought. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see the last few premiership games due to them not being broadcasted where I live so I can't comment on his current form that much. I have seen all the CL games, though.  He's had some good games there, and in the Premiership that I saw. Like someone said, though, I've never seen him be tested that much. It's still too early to say anything concrete.

Whenever he has been tested he's gotten the job done. Whether you think he's overhyped or not he's managed to keep a high number of clean sheets for Villareal as well. Villareal miss Reina, the current keeper they have is a joke.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:28 am

The stats for the EPL so far is Liverpool 8 clean sheets out of 11 games played , the nearest to us  is Chelski with 7 clean sheets out of 13games played. So far we have more clean sheets than any other team in the EPL , and just to make people feel even better..............Everton have the least :D :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:45 am

liamac wrote:The stats for the EPL so far is Liverpool 8 clean sheets out of 11 games played , the nearest to us  is Chelski with 7 clean sheets out of 13games played. So far we have more clean sheets than any other team in the EPL , and just to make people feel even better..............Everton have the least :D :D

wanna know why everton have the least amount of clean sheets?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:50 am

when you look back on it, it is rediculous how many clean sheets we have kept this season.

8 out of 11 in the prem is supurb.

Everton have kept the least because they are :censored:.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:12 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
liamac wrote:The stats for the EPL so far is Liverpool 8 clean sheets out of 11 games played , the nearest to us  is Chelski with 7 clean sheets out of 13games played. So far we have more clean sheets than any other team in the EPL , and just to make people feel even better..............Everton have the least :D :D

wanna know why everton have the least amount of clean sheets?

Wouldn't be cos Harry Kewell came form there would it?  :D  :laugh:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:56 pm

how conveniant that Joe Corrigan isn't the goalkeeping coach. mmmmmmmmmm......................interesting
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:29 pm

A.B. wrote:
Kid a wrote:No one knows me on here and I am very much an anonymous member posting here and there, but I have said that I don't rate Reina highly since the beginning and will continue saying such. I started supporting Villarreal when Forlan joined, and watched most of their games last season. He played really well here and there, but I never came off being impressed. He will make errors. I think we've all witnessed how many times he's come out and flapped at the ball, or mis-judges completely where it's going on corners. I thought he took a noticeable dip in form in the second half of the season for a bit last season, but people still continued praising him. I think he's over-hyped.  A good kepper, but he was ridiculously over-hyped I thought. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see the last few premiership games due to them not being broadcasted where I live so I can't comment on his current form that much. I have seen all the CL games, though.  He's had some good games there, and in the Premiership that I saw. Like someone said, though, I've never seen him be tested that much. It's still too early to say anything concrete.

Whenever he has been tested he's gotten the job done. Whether you think he's overhyped or not he's managed to keep a high number of clean sheets for Villareal as well. Villareal miss Reina, the current keeper they have is a joke.

Someone has clearly fogotten about Birmingham away. Did he get the job done there, A.B.?? I wouldn't say whenever. He's had shakey games. I'm not ant-Reina, I just have my own opinions of him. I acknowledge when he's playing well and said he was a good enough keeper, but I don't rate him very highly. I think the number of clean sheets our team has is due to our defence more than to Reina. If you want to give him credit for giving them confidence and some organization, then fine. Villarreal's defence last season was up there with the best in La Liga, they were hard to break down. Their whole team gelled after they got over their bad start to the season.  I'm not saying Reina never made a save, but the defence is key and determines the goalkeepers participation in the game mostly. Would Cech look as good between the posts at Everton, kept as many clean sheets as he and Chelsea did last season?? Probably not. He would be recognized as a good keeper, but nobody would  label him world class. Villarreal have two good young keepers. Barbosa and Viera. For their age, they were probably the two highest rated keepers in South America. Maybe not the best of the best, but definitely up there. They both have had bad games, but they're no joke. Viera's debut game for Villarreal against Sevilla is better than anything Reina has done at Liverpool that I have seen. He's played very below average afterwards when in the first team and made some errors, yeah (Hasn't Reina also??). I just see him getting better and better, though, once he settles in. I have no doubt that he will be one of the top keepers in Spain within years to come. Reina was never the best keeper in Spain, that's a joke. Barbosa was Villarreal's keeeper for the beginning of the season, but after a few games they bought Viera because he was available and they weren't too confident with Barbosa as number one choice. Barbosa has been playing currently because of reasons, and he's played reasonably well. I wouldn't say Villarreal miss Reina, they sold him at a good price. Brought in two good keepers for the future, etc. Villarreal haven't been playing well all around really, having Reina still wouldn't have made much of a difference if any. Think what you want, though...
Kid a

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:36 pm

Someone has clearly fogotten about Birmingham away. Did he get the job done there, A.B.?? I wouldn't say whenever

Come on mate, I've read your little bantering with the Aussies in the u r gay thread. You do have some football knowledge. Since when a single match is enough to rate a player? Best keepers of the world, and there's no exceptions, had bad days, Arconada, Zubizarreta, Kahn, Smeichel, even Peter Shilton. And with big mistakes in big moments, too.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:37 pm

We had the same defence last season and couldn't keep a lot of cleansheets. The back four have more confidence installed in Reina than they did with Dudek or Kirkland. Reina does make mistakes like all keepers, but he doesn't let it effect him like Dudek and Kirkland did.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:52 pm

Sabre wrote:
Someone has clearly fogotten about Birmingham away. Did he get the job done there, A.B.?? I wouldn't say whenever

Come on mate, I've read your little bantering with the Aussies in the u r gay thread. You do have some football knowledge. Since when a single match is enough to rate a player? Best keepers of the world, and there's no exceptions, had bad days, Arconada, Zubizarreta, Kahn, Smeichel, even Peter Shilton. And with big mistakes in big moments, too.

A single match isn't enough to rate a keeper. When did I say that?? I've seen probably more than 35 games where Reina has played. I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on him. A.B said "Whenever he has been tested he's gotten the job done". That statement isn't correct. A.B. was talking as if he's never had shakey games or moments, he has. 

My banter in other threads has nothing to do with this one. I've even settled any problems I had through PM in civil fashion. So..
Kid a

Postby Kid a » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:55 pm

A.B. wrote:Reina does make mistakes like all keepers, but he doesn't let it effect him like Dudek and Kirkland did.

This is key, and I agree with that.
Kid a

Postby ozzie1000 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:06 pm

reina definantly look gud,he does all the jobs a keeper shud know how  to such as commanding the box and positioning his defence but hasnt been tested much but so far so good so lets wait and see
ozzie1000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion