Why all is rosy at anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kop Kid » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:28 am

Have read with much interest the many views out our recent results of late and the players people wish for us to sign to improve.

The bottom line is we are still in the Champions League and forth spot is still in sight.  What we will discover over the next month is whether we can attract Anelka and posssibly a defender/ second high profile signing to the club.

Im sure everyone is still well behind Rafa and his revolution, but we must remember revolutions can take time in this business. 

The team is begining to look the business and with a few additions why could this side not spring a surprise in the Champions League (remember Monaco and Porto got to the final, so surley anyone can!);

Dudek/Kirkland

Finnan    Carra     Hyp    Riise

Hamann

Garcia  Alonso  Gerrard   Kewell

Anelka

P.S.  If this seems a bit of a lame post, my reasoning is that i have seen liverpool play many times this season and personally feal we are playing the best football for years.  And Rafa has managed to get us to the semi's of one cup and keep us in the CL, all with bearly a pre-season and half a seasons work.

Not bad in my book.
Kop Kid

Postby Paul C » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:16 am

Wooo Hooo, a positive post for once :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:38 pm

Well said Kop Kid.
jonnymac1979

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:46 pm

yeah, what i've been saying all along. Just wait for Man U to actually play some hard teams and they'll start dropping points left and right.  When we have Garcia back, a new forward and an extra defender to ensure Josemi stays on the bench things will be "all rosy"
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:04 pm

Kop Kid

I hope your right but not sure I see the signs of the "revolution" you are referring to. For me we are losing games against teams we should win against.

If we had a bit more consitancy then I maybe tempted to "join the revolution" but I'm going to stay in civvy life a bit longer before I join up.

Kinda
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:06 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Kop Kid

I hope your right but not sure I see the signs of the "revolution" you are referring to. For me we are losing games against teams we should win against.

If we had a bit more consitancy then I maybe tempted to "join the revolution" but I'm going to stay in civvy life a bit longer before I join up.

Kinda

Nothing like a bit of optimism is there?
jonnymac1979

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:30 pm

jonnymac1979

I could go into fantasy but there are enuff of you out there already and having a balanced view is always a lot more interesting don't you think.

You can come at it from an optimists point of view and I can approach it from a realists point of view, then we have the balance.

How boring if we all agreed dont you think ???
Last edited by kindaconfused on Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:41 pm

I just feel that what is happening at the club now, is what we have all been waiting for for the past couple of years and I for one am not complaining.  We all wanted Houllier out, we have it, we wanted new tactics etc....we have it.

Sooner or later we will have investment, we are in the last 16 of the Champions League with a favourable draw against Bayer Leverkusen.  You have to admit that with a bit of luck, barring an upset, there will be a day out in Cardiff to look forward to.

I know we should be beating teams like Portsmouth and Everton, but as David Brent said "If you want the rainbow, you have got to put up with the rain". 

It is going to take time to get there.

Patience, optimism and team spirit are needed, and we need to get behind the team.

Lastly, this is not Benitez' team.  They are 75% Houllier's players.  He recognises there is talent in some of them, but I am willing to trust the judgment of this man to sign the players to take us back to the dizzy heights!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:25 pm

Kop Kid wrote:        Dudek/Kirkland

Hamann

Anelka

WHERE THE FUG IS BAROS ???

but apart from that, ok post  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:41 pm

Why Anelka?

Do you guys know something then?

Just remember Anelka might be too big for us now, he has got an ego that might not fit into Liverpool.

Anyway its not what SG wants its what Raf decides and I'm not sure why SG's comments got so much press which I thought was disrespective to Raf, but heh only my opinion and I could be persuaded to veiw it differently...I think!
Last edited by kindaconfused on Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:52 pm

Stevie has been talking a bit too much lately. His job is to perform well on the pitch not to say certain things which end up putting pressure on him and the club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rafa » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:06 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Kop Kid wrote:        Dudek/Kirkland

Hamann

Anelka

WHERE THE FUG IS BAROS ???

but apart from that, ok post  :p

Was gonna say exactly the same thing, cant have been to see liverpool that often if u r leaving him out!
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:30 pm

A.B. wrote:Stevie has been talking a bit too much lately. His job is to perform well on the pitch not to say certain things which end up putting pressure on him and the club.

sorry but disagreed, AB.
He probably the most hardworking player recently
He scored, he's been player of the matches.
Didn't you remember particularly bthe score he made in 3-2 olympiakos?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:53 pm

sorry but disagreed, AB.
He probably the most hardworking player recently
He scored, he's been player of the matches.
Didn't you remember particularly bthe score he made in 3-2 olympiakos

Apart from the goal he scored against Olympiakos he did not play at his best. He made a rash tackle which he was lucky not to get a red card. He now can not play in the next round of the Champions League because of the yellow card he got.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:53 pm

Kop Kid wrote:Have read with much interest the many views out our recent results of late and the players people wish for us to sign to improve.

The bottom line is we are still in the Champions League and forth spot is still in sight.  What we will discover over the next month is whether we can attract Anelka and posssibly a defender/ second high profile signing to the club.

Im sure everyone is still well behind Rafa and his revolution, but we must remember revolutions can take time in this business. 

The team is begining to look the business and with a few additions why could this side not spring a surprise in the Champions League (remember Monaco and Porto got to the final, so surley anyone can!);

Dudek/Kirkland

Hamann

Anelka

P.S.  If this seems a bit of a lame post, my reasoning is that i have seen liverpool play many times this season and personally feal we are playing the best football for years.  And Rafa has managed to get us to the semi's of one cup and keep us in the CL, all with bearly a pre-season and half a seasons work.

Not bad in my book.

ild prefer morienties over anelka to be honest, but i wouldn't care if we got anelka and morienties but if im honest, it'll probalby be only one but we shall see

i see where u're coming from m8 and u're right, the postivies are there for everyone to see, important tomorrow to win we are 7 points behind middlesborough and 9 points behind united

i honestly do think we will only afford 3 players in january permentally, so i would say goalkeeper, striker and defender (centre), and possibly a player on loan, which would be brilliant if we could manage to bring in 4 players, he might leave the goalkeeper til the summer, but im excited to see who he gets
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion