Anfield - What's going on?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Smeg » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:35 pm

http://forum.raotl.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=38505
Smeg

Postby Rafa D » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:32 pm

CardinalRed wrote:Charmless Man (?)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and maybe put a few noses out of joint.... The definition of a supporter/fan is not one who sings the loudest, it's their love and loyalty for their club, an emotion which doesn't have it's only manifestation in the voracity of the singing. I have never been one for singing at games, which is not to say that I don't like hearing the songs being sung. When I have travelled to Anfield I have always joined in with YNWA but then I go into a state where I really concentrate on watching the game and don't find myself singing along. People also have the right to criticise players when they have paid good money to watch them. Long ago, massively high standards were set at our club and, whether it be for good or bad, there is still the same expectation to this day. Players get both bouquets and brickbats on this forum and why shouldn't that also happen at Anfield? If a player is singled out for some stick at a game it is usually in the heat of the moment, I agree it would be worrying if it happened to the same player at every game but this is simply not the case.

Please don't be so sweeping in your judgement of other fans just because they are not the same as you.

:cool:

Where do you sit when you go the game RedCardinal?

The Kop is , and was always famous for rocking and shaking Anfield. By going into the KOP it was your duty to sing your heart out, get behind the team and intimidate the opposition. The Kop is "the 12th man" and slowy but surely its losing it sparkle. This "R.T.K" campaign is needed and we all need to do our part. Be loud and be proud about our great club, and if your not, don't bother coming.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:44 pm

someone hit the nail on the head before when they said too many ppl are going to anfield these days expecting to be entertained on the pitch and by the kop off it.

what we need to do is bring football and footballers back down to earth, the money being payed to players these days and the complete and utter :censored: where having to watch has got too stop, one day we might wake up and smell the coffee, without fans football is dead in the water.

it quite easy really, stop going the game, dont buy anymore merchandise and cancel your sky.

what we want is cheaper tickets, standing brought back and players paid a more realistic wage.

if you want to know where the atmosphere`s gone then on a matchday/night go to any pub in liverpool.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:45 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
CardinalRed wrote:Charmless Man (?)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and maybe put a few noses out of joint.... The definition of a supporter/fan is not one who sings the loudest, it's their love and loyalty for their club, an emotion which doesn't have it's only manifestation in the voracity of the singing. I have never been one for singing at games, which is not to say that I don't like hearing the songs being sung. When I have travelled to Anfield I have always joined in with YNWA but then I go into a state where I really concentrate on watching the game and don't find myself singing along. People also have the right to criticise players when they have paid good money to watch them. Long ago, massively high standards were set at our club and, whether it be for good or bad, there is still the same expectation to this day. Players get both bouquets and brickbats on this forum and why shouldn't that also happen at Anfield? If a player is singled out for some stick at a game it is usually in the heat of the moment, I agree it would be worrying if it happened to the same player at every game but this is simply not the case.

Please don't be so sweeping in your judgement of other fans just because they are not the same as you.

:cool:

Where do you sit when you go the game RedCardinal?

The Kop is , and was always famous for rocking and shaking Anfield. By going into the KOP it was your duty to sing your heart out, get behind the team and intimidate the opposition. The Kop is "the 12th man" and slowy but surely its losing it sparkle. This "R.T.K" campaign is needed and we all need to do our part. Be loud and be proud about our great club, and if your not, don't bother coming.

I agree with you Rafa-Dodd, what's the point in going to match, if you don't basically scream your heart out and show total respect and loyality to your team?

Personally, every Liverpool match I've been too, I've left with a very sore throat just because of the sheer fact I've sang until I couldn't sing anymore.

I learnt all the songs at a young age, because of my dad and his dad. A loyal supporter doesn't even question the fact that they should know all the LFC songs, and its not like you can't learn them. If you have time to rant on a forum, you have time to search Google or Ask.com for a list of song lyircs.

"R.T.K" - !
Hebz

Postby Paul C » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:32 pm

It's hard to put your finger on it really, it's not just the OOTER's that are the downfall of the atmosphere, I'm from Cheshire but as most on here know me and my sister are the only 'non scousers' in our family and my first game on the kop was when I was 5 years old when my uncles took me, I haven't got my season ticket anymore but I still goto a lot of games (still sitting in my kop season ticket seat), it does hurt when you goto the game and it's not like it used to be, going the game was something you used to do with the lads and was a social thing like going the pub but these days is it's more of a family game and you can't generate the noise with kids, another thing I've noticed more is lads taking their girlfriends to the game, also a lot of women/girls that go just to see famous people and 'fit players' and they don't know any of the songs.

As I said I can't put my finger on it something needs to change before Anfield becomes just another ground and isn't special cos the atmosphere isn't their anymore  :(
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:34 pm

dead rite.too many family day outs and romantic dates
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:56 pm

you've totally rulled out families then, didn't you start going to matches when you were just a kid, with your family? Cause I know I did, and ever since my first match, I've gone again and again, just because a child can't scream as loud as an adult, doesn't rule them out of supporting their club.

If you totally rule out children, where is the support going to come from in the future?
Hebz

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:04 pm

Hebz wrote:you've totally rulled out families then, didn't you start going to matches when you were just a kid, with your family? Cause I know I did, and ever since my first match, I've gone again and again, just because a child can't scream as loud as an adult, doesn't rule them out of supporting their club.

If you totally rule out children, where is the support going to come from in the future?

Good point, let's just ban women from going to matches...I'm just joking about kiddo don't kill me.  :oops:

Seriously though you can't ban children from going, but who on earth takes their girlfriend to a football match? What's wrong with the Trafford Centre or Liverpool city centre, what's wrong with the cinema or pizza hut? What happened of taking them to a good old knees up down the pub on a karaoke night?

I think we need to rid the Kop of seats and hand newer fans or younger fans sheets with song lyrics on it so they can read and sing off them.

Something needs to be done because as PaulC says Anfield is starting to lose its reputation and I don't want to see that happen to the club I love.
67-1161385641

Postby Hebz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:09 pm

I know exactly what you mean, when I was a kid, it was practically tradition to support Liverpool, as most of my family are from Liverpool, so along with the support, came the learning of Anfield songs.

I love Anfield, I love the way the crowd sings and I love being apart of the supporters that sing. I would be so devastated if Anfield became a normal ground, because it has History. Its known throughout the world, not just because of the team but because of the supporters loyality and songs!
Hebz

Postby Woollyback » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:20 pm

just to throw my 2 penneth in, i'm off to old trafford for the sh*te v chelsea on the 26th and will be more than happy to deprive come complete c*nt of a seat  :laugh: 

as for anfield i reckon the current system works as well as anything possibly could ie. the more games you attend the more likely you are to get tickets for other games; that's perfectly fair you'd have to admit. i think the thing that p*sses most regulars off is when the world and his wife think they can turn up for just the big games and think they have as much right to a ticket as joe bloggs who's been up and down the length and breadth of the country following liverpool on rainy tuesday nights in january. they don't. full stop.

this is a whole different argument the the OOTers thing - i don't give a monkeys where somebody's from but the regular matchgoers (scousers or wools alike) should definitely get priority over the fan who only wants to go to the everton/chelsea/big european games
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:32 pm

sunshine suporters,fair play to ye who go to all the games,rain or shine and pay big money to do it

im from ireland and i cant get to much matches but watcever ones i can get to i try
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:38 pm

I think some people are missing the point of this thread, it's not about how many games a fan gets to, it's about the dire atmosphere at Anfield these days and there are many regulars who do not sing enough or at all so it's not an OTT vs Scouser debate.
67-1161385641

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:49 pm

i rememebr reading somewhere in this forum,a fan saying:
i dont think i will go to anfield next weekend because of the atmosphere in anfield ,i think i will sit at home and watch it on the t.v

thats why there is such a bad atmosphere because some fans decide that they wont go today because they want to sulk

there makin the problem worse and fans like that only want to go to the games that they enjoy
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:56 am

The lousy atmosphere eminates from the all-seated kop.

People who were there before and after seats will know.
Standing up meant it was cheap to get into the ground so you got younger people going together and standing together.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:15 am

This post seems to be turning into a competition about how often someone goes, how long someone has supported them, fecking hell one post even explains the reason for them supporting Liverpool.

Like correctly stated the thread was originally about the atmosphere in the stadium. Dose it have to end up as a bit of a slagging match from those who feel they should go and those who struggle like feck to.

Bloody hell support the team in which everway you want, sing your hearts out, just get behind the team and to those who i totally respect for travelling all over the place week in and out who certainly talk a great thread, please for someone who certainly does not go regular FOOKING shout and sing louder then.

By the way love you all :buttrock
image001.gif
Red Dotty

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion