Anfield - What's going on?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:17 am

Effes wrote:The lousy atmosphere eminates from the all-seated kop.

People who were there before and after seats will know.
Standing up meant it was cheap to get into the ground so you got younger people going together and standing together.

even in about 1992/93 you could get in for about £7 or £8    :(how come it's only footy, beer, petrol & ciggys that have gone through the roof since then? nothing else (apart from houses) has done anything like that :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_lass » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:44 am

Ahh the legendary kop. I've seen the old videos, i gotta say its something magnificent. I'm an OOC myself, if i ever get to Anfield and when i do i would like to see it in its full glory.

Theres no point in moping around and grumbling about it, you gotta do something about it. If these so called bandwagon fans come in and act in they way that you felt is rather annoying. You gotta educate them. Young or old its up to the people of the club to show the rest of us the right way. So i'm guessing the RTK campaign kicked in at the right timing!! :)

Oh com'on you can't ban all women! Pretty please!! I'm one, and yes i do "look" at the players but i'm also a rabid football fan. So what if i squeal at certain players, but i also do know how the game is played. :p

well just my two cents worth. I'm new just don't clobber me to death just yet..  :blush:
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby Red Dotty » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:48 am

Red_lass wrote:Ahh the legendary kop. I've seen the old videos, i gotta say its something magnificent. I'm an OOC myself, if i ever get to Anfield and when i do i would like to see it in its full glory.

Theres no point in moping around and grumbling about it, you gotta do something about it. If these so called bandwagon fans come in and act in they way that you felt is rather annoying. You gotta educate them. Young or old its up to the people of the club to show the rest of us the right way. So i'm guessing the RTK campaign kicked in at the right timing!! :)

Oh com'on you can't ban all women! Pretty please!! I'm one, and yes i do "look" at the players but i'm also a rabid football fan. So what if i squeal at certain players, but i also do know how the game is played. :p

well just my two cents worth. I'm new just don't clobber me to death just yet..  :blush:

Oh :censored: look out love her it comes you asked for it. They gonna pin you up and rip the hell out of ya.

you need  :help know
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Red_lass » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:56 am

Red Dotty wrote:
Red_lass wrote:Ahh the legendary kop. I've seen the old videos, i gotta say its something magnificent. I'm an OOC myself, if i ever get to Anfield and when i do i would like to see it in its full glory.

Oh :censored: look out love her it comes you asked for it. They gonna pin you up and rip the hell out of ya.

you need  :help know

ahha thanks. but i'm ready. let them blast away!  :eyebrow
Last edited by Red_lass on Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby redhayesy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:13 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:The atmosphere is quite frankly :censored:.

The Villa and Reading game, not forgetting the Bordeaux match have to be the worst I've witnessed for a long, long time. Even on the European night against Bordeaux we were shocking, the Bordeaux fans were magnificent as were the Reading fans and the Villa fans the weak before. We had :censored: all in response to any of those, most of the fans just sat there silent.

The stuff you hear from individuals is quite frankly disgusting and why passionate supporters don't shout this :censored: out of the stadium is something which has rattled my brain. All you hear these days; even in the Kop are people slagging off the players. "Pennant is poor, waste of money, boo, boo", "Zenden is useless, flippin useless". Is it me or are more retards and plastic fans from our Istanbul victory coming to Anfield? The negative comments are appalling, I sat in a seat at Anfield under the worst times of Houllier reign and I didn't hear the amount of negative comments I've heard this season when I've been to Anfield. I'm no fan of Zenden and at times Hyypia, but I'll chant their name, I'll clap when they do something right and I'll support them all the way through the match and then offer my criticisms in the local pub or on here an Internet forum, but to shout out "you should be playing in the championship" or "you're :censored: useless" is absolute disgrace.

It's not just London supporters, Scottish supporters; Irish supporters which do this it's scousers as well, so this isn't an OTT vs. Scouser debate this me highlighting the downfall in our support. The worst abuse I heard was at the Reading game towards Warnock and Reina and it was from a very thick scouse accent, I honestly felt like mouthing off to the :censored:, because the person absolutely :censored: me off and when we were singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Fields of Anfield Road" the amount of people in the Kop who joint in was appalling, half of my row were silent and it's this type of :censored: which is making me hand over our title of "Best fans in the world" to Portsmouth who come rain or shine, top of the table to bottom of the table cheer their players on when they're winning, when they're losing and through thick and thin. Take note people.

If you don't know songs like "Fields of Anfield Road" and other songs :censored: learn them.

:veryangry

Rant Over.

great post again charmlessman! agree with you 100% i watched the whole of the reading game & couldn"t believe what i was hearing (no atmosphere, no passion in the singing -on the very rare occasion there was any) what is going on ffs! a shitty little club like reading coming to anfield & their fans even being heard let alone outsinging us is just unbelievable :veryangry so when you are privaliged enough to get a ticket for any game sing,support throughout the whole game. to be outsung at anfield is a digrace. rant over
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby crouchaldinho » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:50 pm

I personally dont get to as many games as i'd like to. I did make it to the carling cup game against reading the other week though and i have to say, the atmosphere was excellent. It was a bit subdued early on in the game (a hangover from the united game the previous sunday i think), though the kop was trying to keep the chants coming, but it wasnt until a bit later (after robbies overhead kick was ruled offside) that the rest of the stands started to warm up a bit.

The Reading fans were in full voice as well, especially after they pulled their goals back in the second half. Mind you, this was met by a massive wall of noise from throughout the ground (especially the kop) which completely drowned them out. All in all i think the atmosphere in the second half that night was electric (it was helped out by plenty of goals though) and i have to add that i fully enjoyed losing my voice singing along with them.

I cant really comment on the subsequent matches against villa, bordeaux and reading again, cos i wasnt there, but theres my opinion on the one match (as an ooter) that ive managed to get to this season.
crouchaldinho

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:17 pm

up date from the RAOTI.co.uk
Things are moving pretty fast. There has no been concrete decision to keep it to just those who turned up Saturday. It's just that with the 1st contact with LFC being this week we have to keep the group that meet them (people from the official site) to a managable number. Its all very broad brush strokes here and nothing will be decided; we're just making initial contact and outlining what the RTK's basic gripes are. Its not elitist - if you want to help out or attend 'get togethers' then make contact at raotl.co.uk.

The 'campaign' (for want of a better word) is still taking shape and I don't think it should tackle a lot of the subjects that people have raised - we are basically looking at improving the atmosphere and promoting the traditions and practices that have made Liverpool's support special. These traditions are being eroded, we have to make a stand and try and halt this. The positive action we are promoting is there for one aim and one aim only - to make us ALL proud of being a Liverpudlian, and proud of the unique place we hold as supporters.

We're not elistist, nor do we seek to exclude anyone, despite some of the criticisms emanting from other sites. However, there are practices and actions seen inside Anfield that do not belong there.

Back in the 90s when we were losing the old Kop, a similar group to the RTK took the notion that if we didn't try and celebrate The Kop then we were doomed to go out with a whimper. Some of Britain's oldest and better known terraces (The Stretford End, The North Bank, The Holte End) passed away with barely a mention. The Kop's Last Stand in 1994 will go down in the annals as one of the GREATEST EVER DAYS on a football terrace. This only happened because some fans got off their :censored: and organised something; they cared and they made a difference. A season-long campaign saw a rebirth of the atmosphere inside Anfield and the birth of the 'FlagDay' something that was directly responsible for the banners and flags that adorned the Ataturk. Without the heritage of days like 'The Kops Last Stand' - and movements like 'Keep Flags Scouse' - then Istanbul 05 might have been so different.

David Moores' greatest utterance was "Liverpool FC exists to win trophies and to be a source of pride for its supporters". We should be supporters the club can be proud of. This club does not exist to make shareholders wealthy, nor massage the ego of a wealthy chairman - it exists because we will it. Without us the club is nothing - that is a great responsibility. We can not fail
67-1161385641

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:05 pm

this is an interesting thread, personally I think in the last number of years the atmosphere has gotten less and less at anfield, I remember when I started going to Anfield in the late 1980s and when they played youll never walk alone before the match everyone in the ground stood up and belted out our anthem, the last time I went a couple of years ago It wasnt the same at all, very subdued and almosted jaded... I think a huge factor was the getting rid of standing at the Kop, what we have now (not just in Anfield but in all premiership grounds) is sanitized nice family day out atmosphere and I think thats what the FA want anyway. ....Its like in the United States going to a Baseball or an American Football match, devoid of any real atmosphere......I think all seater stadium, expensive tickets, etc have taken its toll on the atmosphere in premiership grounds and I'll probably get slagged of for this but maybe Liverpool fans have become gotten used to being a big club with a lot of expectations and the pressure that goes with that whereas smaller teams such as portsmouth and reading have less expectation/pressure and as a result their fans have a different attitude when they are in the ground? ???
Kick out Sky sports and the seats in the Kop I reckon lol
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:35 am

Good points, Pedro, I think you're right, but I can't see seats being taken out of the Kop as it's regulation to have an all seater stadium, I doubt tickets will be reduced unless there is a mass boycott up and down the country, again unlikely.
67-1161385641

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion