Liverpool vs Villareal 27/04 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Thu May 05, 2022 6:12 am

Will they collapse now? I hope so but they have become masters of CL exits so it’s not like they are not used to it. This one hopefully digs deep and they lose to Newcastle this weekend. Incredible that they have blown it again. I think the more City think about this time, the more it will eat away at them as they were so close.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu May 05, 2022 7:21 am

This will hurt pepe and his team because of the way it happened. If they are to collapse it has to happen against Newcastle. If they rebound strong then we can forget about it.

Anyhow the final with Real, time for payback, Salah will want revenge.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 05, 2022 8:30 am

I'd rather Madrid anyway as it would be worse if City did us in the league and CL. Think we have a good chance of beating Madrid and will run them into the ground by the 70th minute. My biggest fear always against them is the cheating but we should be better prepared this time.

Hopefully last night rattled them off the rails and Newcastle capitalise on it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 05, 2022 8:34 am

RM have been incredibly lucky to get to the final, LFC just have to stay calm and not make mistakes. Ancelotti is a shrewd manager, he'll have a cunning plan to catch our 2 wingbacks out, it'll be a game of chess but LFC must set the pace and have RM playing catch up from the off. We owe them a battering after Kiev.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 05, 2022 1:10 pm

Kenny, Graeme Souness, Alan Hansen, Ray Clemence et al beat Real Madrid in Paris in 81, time for Mo, big Virge, Trent, Thiago, Alisson etc to do the same.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 05, 2022 3:12 pm

I remember watching the game whilst at university Yakka..... had a few scoops that night.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri May 06, 2022 7:45 am

Real don't dominate games but have got players who can get goals out of anywhere. It is going to be an interesting battle, we have to stay solid in defence and be careful with our highline.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 06, 2022 5:43 pm

The space Real afforded City in both legs was bordering on ridiculous ,if Liverpool cant exploit that to the maximum with three World class forwards then they're in the wrong game. I honestly think it will be done as a contest in the first half. Hopefully they start with Modric and Kroos in the middle as both turn slower than the solstice. I would love to decimate their confidence and nail their hubris by inflicting complete humiliation upon them and lets be serious here if we cant raise our game to annihilate them after seeing them prancing around in No.14 shirts ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 06, 2022 7:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The space Real afforded City in both legs was bordering on ridiculous ,if Liverpool cant exploit that to the maximum with three World class forwards then they're in the wrong game. I honestly think it will be done as a contest in the first half. Hopefully they start with Modric and Kroos in the middle as both turn slower than the solstice. I would love to decimate their confidence and nail their hubris by inflicting complete humiliation upon them and lets be serious here if we cant raise our game to annihilate them after seeing them prancing around in No.14 shirts ?

This /\

Would love it if we handed out a record defeat for a final and no club deserves it more than them.  They did get stronger against City through the subs but Pep helped them by weakening his own side thinking it was over. Our 11 is better than theirs and we can easily make a few changes should we need to without fear.

It's not their ability I fear but more their cheating and knack of getting decisions in big games.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 06, 2022 8:18 pm

Reg » Thu May 05, 2022 2:12 pm wrote:I remember watching the game whilst at university Yakka..... had a few scoops that night.

It wasn't the best of games iirc mate (tbf fnals with a lot riding on them do have a tendency to be cagey affairs).
We owe this lot one from Kiev where everything went their way from sh*thouse challenges, flying overhead kicks which normally end up in row z and our keeper choosing the biggest of stages to have a meltdown.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games