Pre-Season 2021/22

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:17 am

I'd pretty much written Woodburn off but he had a fine game himself tonight, he faded a bit at the end but showed some clever touches, worked his @rse off and was unlucky not to have a couple of assists to his name.
Re AOC, this is the closest I've seen him to his pre Roma form, everyone knows what he brings offensively but to me the key to him becoming a fixture in the starting XI is the other side of his game, when he was at his very best it was like there were 2 AOC's on the pitch and tonight it was the same, he popped up everywhere, his work rate, pressing and ability to win the ball back tonight was outstanding, it wasn't just all effort either there was a lot of game intelligence at play as well, just like Lucas Leiva used to do he was reading opposition passes and the recipient was often getting the ball to his feet and the Ox in his face at the same time.
If he can replicate that regularly in the prem he pretty much makes himself undroppable (again).
When you work as hard as that even if the offensive part of your game isn't clicking you are worth your place in the team anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:07 pm

Minamino was making some excellent runs from the wide areas.. and his first touch when put through was exquisite. That's the only issue I have with Mane is that his first touch is very inconsistent when put through..  then we end up losing momentum on those attacks.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion